Not because I'm fast.....

Can I see some pictures of your Soulcraft hardtails please??

Please post them if you have them!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

My Soulcraft SS

Just got this a few months ago!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not because I'm fast.....

Thanks for the picture?? Rear tire Clearance?

Thanks for the pictures, love the color. What size tire will the rear stays swallow? Are you running a 2.4 Mutano?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

2.4 mutano's no problems.... nm

Quote Originally Posted by 2farfwd
    Thanks for the pictures, love the color. What size tire will the rear stays swallow? Are you running a 2.4 Mutano?
    2.4 mutano's no problems.... nm

mtbr member

here you go

my race bike and the SS
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kam
    A hopped on pop.

here is mine...

a option 3 in pistachio superdust but set up as an rigid ss. soon to be in the marketplace, i'm going big wheeled with a kelly. hopefully this pics posts;

Code Burr

specs for above frame

Just landed Kam's frame above, its a
    large and weighs 4.4 lbs with king headset and seat post clamp installed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    a option 3 in pistachio superdust but set up as an rigid ss. soon to be in the marketplace, i'm going big wheeled with a kelly. hopefully this pics posts;

Kam, is that the On-One Ti fork? How do you like it? I am thinking of putting one on my Rocky Mountain since I don't ride it off road much anymore anyways.

If you don't mind, could you post some opinions on that fork for me.

Russ

Kam
    A hopped on pop.

good fork...

the on one ti is a great fork. it's not super light, i think it was about 950g, but i never felt noodley under hard braking. i sold the fork to a guy riding a on one ti ss frame. he's a single speed 24hr racer, and i'm sure he has been putting it thru it's paces. he hasn't contacted me with any problems.

cost wise, it's not cheap, and there are some better options out there in terms of ride quality and price. one of my personal favs are the vicious fork. i had one on my 26" ss and now on my 29er. kelly also makes a pretty good fork for the money. the ont things that makes segmented forks great is tire clearance.

are you going to sue you rocky as a rigid ss? you should think about it, it's quite addicting!!! and, it'll make you a better rider.

cheers, and let me know if you've got more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by russw19
    Kam, is that the On-One Ti fork? How do you like it? I am thinking of putting one on my Rocky Mountain since I don't ride it off road much anymore anyways.

If you don't mind, could you post some opinions on that fork for me.

Russ

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I'm all about rigid. I am a roadie at heart, and I don't do too much off road riding and when I do, it's nothing a rigid bike can't handle. I have a Fisher Cake for really nasty stuff, so if I ride somewhere rough, I ride that instead. I work in a shop, so the price for that fork isn't really a big issue to me. I can get it or the Sibex Ti fork for right around $225 or so. About 4 months ago I took the SID off my Rocky and put on a cheaper Surly fork to make sure I liked the rigid thing... I love it, but I want something a little nicer. So I have been looking at either the Sibex, the On-One, or the Morati fork. All look about the same, so it's really just a matter of finding people who have riden them and seeing what they thought.

Thanks for quick review!

Russ

Kam
    A hopped on pop.

be careful...

be cautious (sp?) with the sibex...i hear they are made in the same factory as the spicer...and there are quite a few people on the boards that have had failures. i believe they are made my XCAD or sumthin. the on-one is also made in china, not sure about the morati, but brant at on-one has vehemetly denied that they are also made by xcad. also, when i first thought of the on-one fork, brant told me he had only one tibred fork failure, and that was a trial ride that when nose first into the ground, even then the fork bent at the crown/steerer, not at the legs.

go on-one or morati (those are super light). sycip also makes a killer fork, but it may take awhile.

what kinda bike???

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by russw19
    I'm all about rigid. I am a roadie at heart, and I don't do too much off road riding and when I do, it's nothing a rigid bike can't handle. I have a Fisher Cake for really nasty stuff, so if I ride somewhere rough, I ride that instead. I work in a shop, so the price for that fork isn't really a big issue to me. I can get it or the Sibex Ti fork for right around $225 or so. About 4 months ago I took the SID off my Rocky and put on a cheaper Surly fork to make sure I liked the rigid thing... I love it, but I want something a little nicer. So I have been looking at either the Sibex, the On-One, or the Morati fork. All look about the same, so it's really just a matter of finding people who have riden them and seeing what they thought.

Thanks for quick review!

Russ

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    be cautious (sp?) with the sibex...i hear they are made in the same factory as the spicer...and there are quite a few people on the boards that have had failures. i believe they are made my XCAD or sumthin. the on-one is also made in china, not sure about the morati, but brant at on-one has vehemetly denied that they are also made by xcad. also, when i first thought of the on-one fork, brant told me he had only one tibred fork failure, and that was a trial ride that when nose first into the ground, even then the fork bent at the crown/steerer, not at the legs.

go on-one or morati (those are super light). sycip also makes a killer fork, but it may take awhile.

what kinda bike???

cheers!

Thanks Kam! That's what I was looking to hear. The Morati forks are said to be built in the Czech Republic, but that may not be true. I think I would lean towards the On-One anyways. I have also thought about the Sycip, but would probably go with the On-One steel fork if I didn't get their Ti fork. Just because I would pay wholesale for it, whereas I most likely would pay retail for the Sycip, so it could be about a $150 difference.

I am going to put this on a Rocky Mountain Vertex TO frame that doesn't see it's fair share of dirt. Criminal, huh? But I really am a roadie and use this bike more to get around town than to ride the trails. Plus as a roadie, I tend to crash a little more often than most on the trails. I just bought a new steel frame which will be my hardtail once I build it up. Won't be so worried about dents and stuff from all those trees that seem to jump right out at me.

Thanks again for the info... I will put up some pics if I ever decide to do the swap with the Surly fork that is on there right now.

Russ