mtbr member

Big thanks to Alan at Chumba!

I just wanted to say thanks to Alan at Chumba for helping me through the buy process on my new XCL. I'm in Ohio and we don't have any that I know of out here so, I was a little over reactive when it came time to get the parts and components sorted. Alan was VERY patient and I am a fan of Chumba and the customer service I received.

I will get the bike by end of the week and cannot wait!

Picked the older colorway for the 09 I got. It's the Ano Gray. Got the Fox Vanilla with 15mm TA on the front and the Comp build. Wanted some color and Alan suggested that since the front hub had to be black, he could do colored nipples on the front wheel and a colored rear hub. He and I came up with red to add some uniqueness to the bike.

I cannot wait to ride this thing. My buddies can't wait to see it as again, it is going to be a topic of conversation from many folks out here that will see it.

All I know is if the bike is half as good as how Alan and Chumba treated me, it will be the best bike I have ever ridden.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Alan is a good guy. Helped me out with my build. Can't wait to get my XCL now.

Flying Goat
    sweet! yea... Alan is cool guy... really nice of him to take the time to walk you through all that as well seeing as he's a very busy guy...

56-year-old teenager
    Aug 2006
    Alan is THE MAN. He won't steer you wrong.
    Work is the curse of the biking classes.

mtbr member
    Just an update. Alan and Mark have been great through this experience. It sucks that i keep asking them for parts and such - we're over an hour away from a legit bicycle shop so getting the small things is tough.

They've been great. I'll post pics once I get the bike completed. Nothing fancy compared to some of you guys out there, but I like it and can't wait to ride this weekend.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Chumba is the best

I can't agree more with the assessment of Alan Kang at Chumba. I am in a remote location with no top end bike shops around. I relied greatly on the reviews in MTBR and decided on a 2009 Chumba EVO. I first tried to get it through one of their dealers and they seemed flaky and i was about ready to give up on a Chumba. Then i contacted Chumba directly and talked to Alan. I was extremely impressed with this guy and his sincerity about customer service, i highly recommend anyone interested in excellent service and quality to buy Chumba, i did!!

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the kind comments guys. You guys, the riders/customers are the reason for us being able to keep our work going. It's really all of you I should be thanking for the support and the votes of confidence. We will always work hard to put the customer first and build the best bikes possible.
    Last edited by CHUMBAevo; 03-22-2009 at 02:50 PM.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0