mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Awesome Chumba CS

About a month and a half ago, I managed to break the seastay on my 2007 XCL in the same fashion as a few other people that I've read about.

brokenchumba_7-2-08_002small.JPG

Matthew and Alan at Chumba were awesome, and they shipped me a new polished rear triangle the same day I called them to ask about a replacement. It was a bummer having the bike out of comission for a few weeks, but it gave me a chance to install some new cranks, and the new rear triangle looks pretty sweet. I have to agree with all the posts that I've read about Chumba's customer service, it is great!

New polished rear triangle:
    chumba 8-17-08 023.JPG

chumba 8-17-08 024.JPG

New XT cranks with blue e13 bashguard:
    chumba 8-17-08 026.JPG

And the shot with the pup:
    chumba 8-17-08 031.JPG

surfer w/out waves
    Glad to see it back in action! And another great report of Chumba taking care of their peeps I still really want an XCL... but I think my next major purchase will be a 29r, any chances of Chumba w/ bigger wheels????
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government!..." -- Dennis the Peasant

Flying Goat
    nice to hear you were taken cared of... that is a sweet rig dude... XD

havnmonkey - not too sure about the 29er but i think i read in the other thread about Chumba Logo Colours that it was mentioned... hmmmmmmm
    Chumba Logo Color?