Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    When in doubt, go faster
    Yea, and its not six inches, its five. spinner i think actualy makes the longest travel "DJ" fort.

Your Local Computer Geek
    Mar 2006
    you know one would think to put a freeride fork on a freeride bike, not a dj fork on a freeride bike. I noticed that the AMMO was a DJ a while ago, just never thought about it that much. Though I thought that the AMMO was 150 MM travel. Is that not true?
    you know not everyday is a sunny day
    there are the days when you are the pigeon
    and the days that you are the statue

When in doubt, go faster
    Yes it is. BUT, it is designed to take the kind of abuse dirt jumping dishes out, not freeriding. it wont break, but it doesnt eat up bunps like a FR fork would.

Brackish
    Quote Originally Posted by yakuzafreerider
    i have yet to know if anyone has every broke a iron horse frame
    I broke the chainstay on my SGS after three weekends straight in bike parks.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Why would you ever make a fork with 150mm of travel and say it is a dirt jump fork? That is like calling the Rock Shox Totem an XC fork. Dirt jump forks are supposed to be burly enough to handle hard landings etc. But traditionally they are short travel as not to rake out the head angle of a bike making it difficult to manuver. Spinner may say it is a DJ fork, but that is because they are Spinner. BTW, I'm just saying. No hating.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

When in doubt, go faster
    Well have you ever ridden one? it is a DJ fork. I dont know or care why they make it with so much travel, but they do.

Your Local Computer Geek
    Mar 2006
    woot woot mine was shipped yesterday!

When in doubt, go faster
    Whoot! Awesome dude, hope you like it!

I wear two thongs
    Quote Originally Posted by =ChrisB=
    Yea, and its not six inches, its five. spinner i think actualy makes the longest travel "DJ" fort.
    No it is 6" of travel on the spinner, it has 150mm of travel not 130mm which would be roughly 5 inches.

150mm=5.9" so it is pretty much 6" of travel
    Hiking is just walking where its okay to pee... Sometimes old people go hiking by accident. -Demetri Martin-

When in doubt, go faster
    ... Damn... I was told it was 5 inches. Well then thats even crazyer. O well, it still needs to be changed for a FR fork.

Your Local Computer Geek
    Mar 2006
    update: it will be here on wednesday. too bad ups delivers to my house at like 5 at night when it is getting dark :-(

I Price Match
    i have a question: so the aniki comes able to shift into a third gear in the front where the cranks are, yet the spot where the third gear is is taken up by a bashguard. Say i want a gear here instead of the bashguard, can i just get another chainring and bolt it on? if so what size? and if not, how can i get a third gear?

When in doubt, go faster
    Talk to your LBS about this... I dont think you can have a BG and a third ring tho... I just disabled my big ring, didnt need it. took the derailur and shifter off... I like it more.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    You can replace the bashguard with a 44 tooth outer ring with a 104mm BCD. Or, you can get an outer ring and a Heim Super D bash guard.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

I Price Match
    delete

I Price Match
    alright thanks, would this bashguard work with the three ring setup too?
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/133...-Bashguard.htm
    by the way, i ordered this: http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/133...ring-4-Arm.htm
    and these for my christmas present to myself (i tacoed the dual duty's when i went off a 9 stair to flat concrete with low tire pressure, oops) : http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/154...t-Switchit.htm
    Berrecloth's wheels, aww yeah!

Your Local Computer Geek
    Mar 2006
    well mine showed up yesterday. I was able to get it together and kind of tweak it. I know that the rear shock is a most on the upgrade list! I rode it in to work and it was just as easy as my old POS hardtail! Oh and IH is sending off a 550lbs spring. And the question of a bashring and third ring. I have not seen that in a long time. Rock Rings made one but I dont know if they are still around. That was back in the mid/late 90's

I Price Match
    should i? http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/13422-315_ROCBT4-3-Parts-59-Forks/Accessories/Rockshox-Boxxer-Team-Suspension-Fork-'04-offerIN050BB1.htm?zmam=3075515&zmas=1&zmac=20&zmap =13422

Your Local Computer Geek
    Mar 2006
    well here is my son sittin on the best seat in the house!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

When in doubt, go faster
    Hawhaw! too bad they dont make a little kids freeride bike.... now THEREs an idea!

Your Local Computer Geek
    Mar 2006
    I know the issue of brake rub has been brought up... any other insight for me? I have tried adjusting the inside pad with the set screw and adjusting the cable side as well. it seems that for the wheel to stop like the back one i have to live with the rub. unless i get some washers to move the whole caliper in. also those who got their bikes from randall scott where your wheels out of true? mine are a little and i think the front has a flat spot!!! grgrgrgrgrrrrr thats it i am getting outlaws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Local Computer Geek
    Mar 2006
    well here is a little tip for those who are still having front bake rub. get some washers and sandwitch them in between the caliper and the mount. it moved the brake over far engh to allow me to adjust both sides so that there is no pad rub and can still bring it to a screaming hault! still pissed about the wheel thouh.. like i said its upgrade to outlaws when money allows... but the rear shock and the fork are going to be the first to go...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    dude post up some pics of your brake mod for those of us who have no imagination.

When in doubt, go faster
    Wich is all of you?

I Price Match
    so i bought and installed the Salsa 46 tooth chainring which is pushing it, but surprisingly is responsive and shifts very well, and most importantly(pun intended), perfectly achieves the desired look. i am still confronting the issue of a bashguard.
    confucius says: man standing on toilet is high on pot.

Your Local Computer Geek
    Mar 2006
    aaronl828- good look looking for a bashring that will work with all three rings. i honestly don't think there is anying out there any more. now if you wanted a chain guide for all three rings there is the hemi 3 its like 40 bucks out of CBO right now. not bad considering its the only one on the market that i have seen that is for all three rings. i would like to get one when i can.

I Price Match
    also a 9.0x2.75 5th element is in the mail, and i'll buy a totem next christmas when they're on discount.
    confucius says: man standing on toilet is high on pot.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Hi guys new to this forum, first post

I recently purchase my first free ride Iron Horse Yakuza Aniki 2006 from Randall Scott. Iím very excited to hear good stuff about this bike. I should be getting this next week Monday according to ups.

My first question is I weigh 180 lbs 5í7 and wondering if the stock rear spring will be sufficient for me. I will post some picture Ö

When in doubt, go faster
    ... call IH. Ask them to send you the 700 lb spring.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Congratulations,

You should have a good time riding this awesome bike, The rear shock on the Aniki will limit your travel to 5" but it should handle your weight. It is functional in stock form but I would start saving immediately to upgrade the rear shock. You'll need a 9.00" x 2.75" shock, like a Manitou Swinger Coil or a Manitou Metel (cheaper). This will make the
    bike's suspension function more like that of a Gemini or Bullit ($2000.00 bikes).

I also ran a 8.75" x 2.75" shock for a while and it felt fine. You can get a shock on ebay for under $100.00 and order the correct reducers from your local shop (I have the part numbers if needed). The reducers from the stock shock (X-Fusion) can be used but they are not a perfect fit.

[URL="http://http://cgi.ebay.com/MANITOU-SWINGER-4-WAY-SHOCK-8-75-inches-NEW_W0QQitemZ170060942204QQihZ007QQcategoryZ58084Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]

Your Local Computer Geek
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nuspeed88
    Hi guys new to this forum, first post

I recently purchase my first free ride Iron Horse Yakuza Aniki 2006 from Randall Scott. Iím very excited to hear good stuff about this bike. I should be getting this next week Monday according to ups.

My first question is I weigh 180 lbs 5í7 and wondering if the stock rear spring will be sufficient for me. I will post some picture Ö

Good luck getting a 700lbs spring. I told them that I was 190lbs and I got a 550lbs spring. It is actually good weight for me. But I will upgrade to a better rear shock when money comes.

jwpeltier- running the 8.75"x2.75" wouldn't that make the head angle enven slacker? I have been looking at ebay for 9x2.75 but they are hard to come by, but 8.75x2.75" are almost a dime a dozen

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Rear shock, spring and other shocks

Just a comment, following on the topic of the rear shock springs and how to get one right for you.

I used to ride a bike with a Romic D, and, this X-Fusion works but feels very basic compared to it. At the same time, there isn't anything wrong with it, other that the worng spring rate.

When I bought my Yakuza Anike Small (I'm 5' 7" and weigh 145 lbs) it came with a 350 lbs spring which was totally wrong. I would bottom out riding down the sidewalk. Everybody says it was easy to get a new spring, but it wasn't too easy for me. I emailed IronHorse and they sent me a spring, a month later. They said the only spring they had was a 650, which was NOT OK for me, as I would get a total of 2 inches of wheel travel out of the 5 possible with the 2.5 inches of shock travel. Disappointed, I emailed X-Fusion and they sent me a 550 x 2.80, after 3 more weeks. This spring works fine, but honestly I would prefer a 500 to get the full 5 inches of travel.

While waiting for these springs to arrive on the mail (as I thought sincerely they would never arrive after more than 7 weeks!) I bought a Fox 500 x 2.80 spring which is a tiny bit too long for this X-Fusion shock. ANYBODY INTERESTED ??? Email me at gcarrasc@odu.edu if interested.

Last week I let a new Romic D 8.75 go on ebay because I took my ruler and figured that with the extra 0.25 of travel, and with the 0.25 the 8.75 starts with (compared with the original 9.00) the rear tire would rub the seatpost when bottoming out. I read something about it here, but I figured seeing is beleiving. And that is with a sort-of skinny 2.4 tire I have. I just bought 2.7 tires and they would make for a pretty crappy landing of a big jump, if they were to stop completely and rub against the seatpost.

Anyway, here's my grain of experience. Good luck finding the right rear shock!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    well I havent got my bike yet it should be here monday. do you guys think I can e-mail IronHorse for a spring. of I have to wait and get my serial number on my bike first to be able to get one.

Its been 6 years since i went out DH so its been awhile. I hope this will be a good start for me. im saving up money to get a better stuff soon but for now. ill try to have fun on what i got.

I wear two thongs
    Nuspeed88: Ironhorse shipped me a spring without needing a serial number and I got it in about a week. I found it was more efficient to get a hold of them via phone as well.
    Hiking is just walking where its okay to pee... Sometimes old people go hiking by accident. -Demetri Martin-

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    hey thanks. i tried to e-mail them today but i have no luck getting their phone number.
    dose any one know?

mtbr member
    Please call Iron Horse customer service at 800-645-5477 or email inquiries@ironhorsebikes.com.

Gravity addict

hey guys

Hey guys its been awhile since i really posted anything...so ill give you all a quick update on my aniki. well my sram x-9 shifter and x-9 super short carbon rear derailuer came in a week ago, now im deciding on what crankset to choose from- im sticking with truvativ components my first pick is the new oct, with the Truvativ Giga Pipe Team DH Bottom Bracket '07...and a truvative team box guide chainguide , i may get me a good sram chain, and cassette....i'm still waiting for the dangerboy mechanical brake levers to become availible again so I can order those. ive decided to go with the manitou metal r coil shock 9 x 2.75 with a 700lb spring which ill order in feb. im thinking about putting bontrager rims on the aniki with maxxis tires. and a new sdg bel air saddle...this is all that im upgrading to in the next 3months for now besides little odds and ends. the rest of my cash is going into my wedding which im trying to talk my fiancee into a honeymoon at whistler b.c.(then I can ride the bike park) lol depends on how much ass i kiss from now till then lol. well you guys have a good one...ill be in touch.

MySpace URL:

http://www.myspace.com/yakuzafr

Last edited by yakuzafreerider; 12-17-2006 at 08:52 AM.
    How's that dirt taste?

Your Local Computer Geek
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by goncarrasco
    Just a comment, following on the topic of the rear shock springs and how to get one right for you.

I used to ride a bike with a Romic D, and, this X-Fusion works but feels very basic compared to it. At the same time, there isn't anything wrong with it, other that the worng spring rate.

When I bought my Yakuza Anike Small (I'm 5' 7" and weigh 145 lbs) it came with a 350 lbs spring which was totally wrong. I would bottom out riding down the sidewalk. Everybody says it was easy to get a new spring, but it wasn't too easy for me. I emailed IronHorse and they sent me a spring, a month later. They said the only spring they had was a 650, which was NOT OK for me, as I would get a total of 2 inches of wheel travel out of the 5 possible with the 2.5 inches of shock travel. Disappointed, I emailed X-Fusion and they sent me a 550 x 2.80, after 3 more weeks. This spring works fine, but honestly I would prefer a 500 to get the full 5 inches of travel.

While waiting for these springs to arrive on the mail (as I thought sincerely they would never arrive after more than 7 weeks!) I bought a Fox 500 x 2.80 spring which is a tiny bit too long for this X-Fusion shock. ANYBODY INTERESTED ??? Email me at gcarrasc@odu.edu if interested.

Last week I let a new Romic D 8.75 go on ebay because I took my ruler and figured that with the extra 0.25 of travel, and with the 0.25 the 8.75 starts with (compared with the original 9.00) the rear tire would rub the seatpost when bottoming out. I read something about it here, but I figured seeing is beleiving. And that is with a sort-of skinny 2.4 tire I have. I just bought 2.7 tires and they would make for a pretty crappy landing of a big jump, if they were to stop completely and rub against the seatpost.

Anyway, here's my grain of experience. Good luck finding the right rear shock!
    wanna trade your 650 lbs spring for my 450lbs?

Your Local Computer Geek
    Mar 2006
    aaronl828 go check out price point for the hemi super d bashring. it says that you can run all three rings with it. and its only 35 bucks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

hate that bike

but nice mod fork, don't like the brakes and shock

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    The 8.75" shock worked just fine. The slackening of the headtube is not noticable in my opinion (it is only a quarter inch anyway) and the Yakuzas have a very steep head angle to begin with. I am running a 6" Sherman Breakout currently but I have 7" Breakout Plus
    waiting to go on it. That will slacken the headtube also and I am interested in how it
    will work out. I think in will help out, especially when we go downhilling at the ski mountains.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Oh well they e-mail me back today and said no spring available. I have to wait 2 weeks to have it in stock. Hope fully it would not take longer than that. Iím not in a big rush itís holiday no time ride right now anywayz. Well Iím just sitting here waiting for ups to knock on my door I should have it any minute now. sweet some thing to do while at home..

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    here are a few pics of me new aniki 2007! its amazin i luv it!

cheers
    chris

mtbr member
    Welcome to the club.
    Some changes for 07, nice ride. Post some more pic's with some sun light.....

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

shock

would a Fox Vanilla R shock fit the aniki? 190mm eye to eye

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Last edited by nuspeed88; 01-11-2007 at 10:23 PM.

Your Local Computer Geek
    Mar 2006
    nuspeed88- mine came with some shipping scars as well. if you got the pro build call them right away and talk to them. My big complaint was bout the wheels getting out of true and the front brake... they are going to refund my probuild so I can get the wheels trued...

jwpeltier- Wanna donate your Sherman Breakout to a low ranking Airmen in the US Air Force? :-)
    Last edited by ecfiffer05; 12-18-2006 at 10:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Last edited by nuspeed88; 01-11-2007 at 10:16 PM.

When in doubt, go faster
    Call them up and ask them. Dont take no for an awnser right away. if they keep saying it was new, then just assume it was UPS that dun it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by euan1
    would a Fox Vanilla R shock fit the aniki? 190mm eye to eye
    i dont know about the 190mm eye to eye but my aniki has a vanilla R shack on it!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast