mtbr member

Any feedback on Kinesis frames?

Hello. First of all sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I couldn't figure a better sub-forum.

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the Kinesis frames. I'm curious about this frames, because some friend of mine told me about the Exact Bikes bikes* (a local bicycle brand). I just can't go to the store and check by myself, because I'm not at the same city where this bikes are sold, and I won't be traveling there until December.

I am interested on this bike, that is sold for about U$S 825 (I'm from Argentina, and here everything is way expensive that in other countries).

Does anyone have any reference on this frames? If I understood it right, Kinesis made frames for some major brands.

Thanks for reading and sorry for my lousy English

* I'm truly sorry about the web page language, I can translate it if anyone is interested.

AZ
    banned
    They do build for several major makers . Kinesis frames are very well regarded , you can buy with confidence . Good luck .

mtbr member
    I think I'll go for it then... Thank you!

local trails rider
    The British seem to use Kinesis a lot.

Go to http://www.bikeradar.com/ (a magazine site) and Search for Kinesis. You will find lots of reviews.

mtbr member
    Thank you, I'll check that magazine.

I wasn't expecting (nor I expect now) a racing frame, or a top level frame, but wasn't sure about the overall quality. It seems that they're more than fine for my needs (this is going to be my everyday bike, to ride to the campus and back, and for some short travels outside the city).

Thanks all again

mtbr member
    Hi there,

I'm going to pitch in as well. Kinesis makes bicycle frames of all levels and they are one of the larger frame makers in Asia. Currently Kinesis has two factories. One in Guanzhou China and the other in Taichung Taiwan. The China factory is the larger of the two by quite a bit and that is where they produce mostly lower and mid end frames.

The Taiwan factory is much smaller and is focused on higher quality (more expensive) frames. The Taiwan factory mostly makes full suspension frames and road frames. If you dig deep enough you will find that Kinesis makes frames for many many bike brands.

I'm a design engineer for Noble Bikes and the F4 is made by Kinesis in Taiwan.

http://www.noble-bikes.com

The new F5 is in prototype stage right now and is also made by Kinesis in Taiwan.

I think you will be happy with the quality of the frame if you decide to purchase the bike.
    Design Engineer for Noble Bikes

http://www.noble-bikes.com

mtbr member
    Thank you! I'm going to buy this bike, as this is going to be my first mid level mtb in years.

I've been told that the frame in M size is about 1550gr, I think is quite decent for me.

Singletrack Slayer
    A lot of Diamondback HT frames are made by Kinesis, They are strong and light, never seen one break.
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~