Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 633

Thread: 6 Point photos

  1. #1
    Black Lion
    Reputation: yogreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,432

    6 Point photos

    Here it is the 6 point 8. Just built up and is already sold. Bang!

    IH really stepped up on this frame. The attention to detail is crazy.
    The good news for us (JRA) is there is another 6 point 8 in the process of being built.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by yogreg; 12-20-2006 at 04:23 PM.
    Voltron

  2. #2
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,250
    nice....with some bling $$$$$ wheels too

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wyrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,425
    I like it... great packaging... and luck who ever got it.
    Bikeless Rider

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    304
    yogreg, can you tell us how much that sold for?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    285
    Hawt.

  6. #6
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,250
    at least $1035 as those are what the wheels go for

  7. #7
    mtbr platinum member
    Reputation: bikerx40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,421
    I'll take two! Hot dang that's sweet!!!!! Is that a 17"?
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.

  8. #8
    Was that a Bobcat?
    Reputation: amor587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    610
    Super Nice!

  9. #9
    Black Lion
    Reputation: yogreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,432
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerx40
    I'll take two! Hot dang that's sweet!!!!! Is that a 17"?
    17
    true
    Voltron

  10. #10
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599
    mine will be here tomorrow!!! Can't wait!

    I got a 19" thou..

  11. #11
    aka baycat
    Reputation: Ryan G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,484
    Luc

    will you bless us with the first shots of a 6.8 on actual dirt!!!!!!

    Hey I ride a 19", coincidence?

  12. #12
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by baycat
    Luc

    will you bless us with the first shots of a 6.8 on actual dirt!!!!!!

    Hey I ride a 19", coincidence?
    I will need to make a few parts swap beforehand. I dont have the replacement fork yet and want to sell the Fox as NEW. Can't wait...tomorrow is going to be MY Christmas!!

  13. #13
    Industry Loudmouth
    Reputation: ska todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian
    Can't wait...tomorrow is going to be MY Christmas!!
    Does your Christmas come early just like your Thanksgiving comes on Columbus Day? Silly Canucks!

    -ska todd

  14. #14
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by ska todd
    Does your Christmas come early just like your Thanksgiving comes on Columbus Day? Silly Canucks!

    -ska todd
    Hey...every day is special for me...but tomorrow is going to be a bit more special-er-er

    bring out the poutine and Labbat Blue - it's a celebration *****es! LOL

  15. #15
    on a routine expedition
    Reputation: Marshall Willanholly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian
    mine will be here tomorrow!!! Can't wait!

    I got a 19" thou..
    Nice!

    I'm 5'11" and from what I've read I could really go with either size so I'm interested to hear what led you to the 19". Isn't your 7.7 a 17"?

    I'm looking forward to a test ride on a 6point soon. Maybe there will be an RFX in the classifieds before long...

  16. #16
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrack
    Nice!

    I'm 5'11" and from what I've read I could really go with either size so I'm interested to hear what led you to the 19". Isn't your 7.7 a 17"?

    I'm looking forward to a test ride on a 6point soon. Maybe there will be an RFX in the classifieds before long...
    Im 510 and like to run a short stems on all my bikes (e.g. between 55 and 65 but my DH has a 45).

    My 7Point is indeed a 17, but it has a 23 Effective TT (with a 55mm stem)
    My Sunday has a 23.5 Effective TT (and thats a DH bike)
    My MkIII has a 23.25 Effective TT (with a 65mm stem)

    See the pattern? I like effective TTs that are about 23. The 19 6Point offers a 23 TT without the setback seatpost, which I wont be running. The 17 is 22 I cannot see myself do long epic rides on a bike that has a 22 TT. Maybe if I wasnt doing much climbing, but the 6Point is designed to be pedaled up the mountain.

    so in short...I "assume" the 19" is what I need. The Wheelbase is a bit longer than my MkIII but pretty much on par with my 7Point - should make for a super stable bike on those fast fun descents, which is what I will be seeking on this bike!

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    730
    Nice bike. What size is the next one. Might have to come see that.

    Anyone else wish the frame was just like the 7Point ? The bent downtube is too Demo.
    All about the ride

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    730
    Nice bike. What size is the next build ? Might have to come see it.

    Anyone else wish the frame was just like the 7Point ? The bent downtube is too Demo.
    All about the ride

  19. #19
    Black Lion
    Reputation: yogreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,432
    Quote Originally Posted by greenmacheen
    Nice bike. What size is the next build ? Might have to come see it.

    Anyone else wish the frame was just like the 7Point ? The bent downtube is too Demo.

    The next one to be built is also a 17
    come on down to the shop and see the bike in person. It is amazing!!!
    Last edited by yogreg; 12-21-2006 at 10:16 AM.
    Voltron

  20. #20
    Black Lion
    Reputation: yogreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian
    Im 510 and like to run a short stems on all my bikes (e.g. between 55 and 65 but my DH has a 45).

    My 7Point is indeed a 17, but it has a 23 Effective TT (with a 55mm stem)
    My Sunday has a 23.5 Effective TT (and thats a DH bike)
    My MkIII has a 23.25 Effective TT (with a 65mm stem)

    See the pattern? I like effective TTs that are about 23. The 19 6Point offers a 23 TT without the setback seatpost, which I wont be running. The 17 is 22 I cannot see myself do long epic rides on a bike that has a 22 TT. Maybe if I wasnt doing much climbing, but the 6Point is designed to be pedaled up the mountain.

    so in short...I "assume" the 19" is what I need. The Wheelbase is a bit longer than my MkIII but pretty much on par with my 7Point - should make for a super stable bike on those fast fun descents, which is what I will be seeking on this bike!

    Luc.
    I am also 5-10 and like to run shortish stems as well. The 17" 6 point felt on the small side to me after ripping it around the neighborhood for a few. I would also opt for the 19.
    Voltron

  21. #21
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by yogreg
    Luc.
    I am also 5-10 and like to run shortish stems as well. The 17" 6 point felt on the small side to me after ripping it around the neighborhood for a few. I would also opt for the 19.
    ATTA-BOY! just what I wanted to hear

    can't wait!!!

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8
    Hhhmmmmmmm! What a nice christmas meal, Poutine & Labatt Bleu, I know what you feel!, Plus after a nice ride on the 6 point, it will be even better!

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    20

    6 point TT length

    I'm confused, GO-Ride has 6 point TT 23" for size 17 & 24" for the 19.
    I am also 5' 10" and no IH dealer around so I will have to purchase online & get sizing right.

  24. #24
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUSS
    I'm confused, GO-Ride has 6 point TT 23" for size 17 & 24" for the 19.
    I am also 5' 10" and no IH dealer around so I will have to purchase online & get sizing right.
    that is with a layback post...here is the breakdown:

  25. #25
    Black Lion
    Reputation: yogreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,432

    the twin brother

    The one on the left is the first born.

    Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Voltron

  26. #26
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599
    does the bike come with both Flats and clips? (both bikes have different pedals on)

  27. #27
    Black Lion
    Reputation: yogreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian
    does the bike come with both Flats and clips? (both bikes have different pedals on)

    the bike on the left is a customers of ours who runs Times.
    Voltron

  28. #28
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by yogreg
    the bike on the left is a customers of ours who runs Times.
    gotcha...

    the receiving department just called to say a bike was just delivered for me - happy...happy...joy....joy!!

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,440
    Here's one on dirt (kinda) for ya!



    As far as fit goes, I'm 5'9" on a 17". I have longish legs and shortish arms, so it works well. As dw has mentioned, the seat angle is steep, so the set-back post keeps the ergonomics correct when seated - out of the saddle it feels like a bike with a 23" TT.

  30. #30
    on a routine expedition
    Reputation: Marshall Willanholly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian
    Im 510 and like to run a short stems on all my bikes (e.g. between 55 and 65 but my DH has a 45).

    My 7Point is indeed a 17, but it has a 23 Effective TT (with a 55mm stem)
    My Sunday has a 23.5 Effective TT (and thats a DH bike)
    My MkIII has a 23.25 Effective TT (with a 65mm stem)

    See the pattern? I like effective TTs that are about 23. The 19 6Point offers a 23 TT without the setback seatpost, which I wont be running. The 17 is 22 I cannot see myself do long epic rides on a bike that has a 22 TT. Maybe if I wasnt doing much climbing, but the 6Point is designed to be pedaled up the mountain.

    so in short...I "assume" the 19" is what I need. The Wheelbase is a bit longer than my MkIII but pretty much on par with my 7Point - should make for a super stable bike on those fast fun descents, which is what I will be seeking on this bike!
    Thanks for that. I had been wondering about the Eff. TT measurement and seatpost angle with the layback post.

  31. #31
    rollin
    Reputation: sriracha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy
    As far as fit goes, I'm 5'9" on a 17". I have longish legs and shortish arms, so it works well. As dw has mentioned, the seat angle is steep, so the set-back post keeps the ergonomics correct when seated - out of the saddle it feels like a bike with a 23" TT.
    that's what i was thinking. i'm 5'9" and went for the 17". steep forward seat angle will be good for climbs, but when standing i bet it feels just right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    730
    When is the 6point available frame only ? And is it the 6.4, 6.6, or 6.8 color scheme ?
    All about the ride

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lcare@tampabay.rr.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    52
    Nice air shot, thats one sweet ride.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    585

    ... and if we just ...

    Got Mine

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    249

    We can do it now

    Quote Originally Posted by greenmacheen
    When is the 6point available frame only ? And is it the 6.4, 6.6, or 6.8 color scheme ?
    We have 6.6 and 6.8 bikes in stock now. We would be glad to sell you just the frame.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    726

    -

    -------

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUSS
    I'm confused, GO-Ride has 6 point TT 23" for size 17 & 24" for the 19.
    I am also 5' 10" and no IH dealer around so I will have to purchase online & get sizing right.
    The effective TT does not change by the full setback amount(25mm):

    Quote Originally Posted by dw
    Approx 10mm less on the virtual TT. You can slide your seat back to compensate no problem. I run a straight post on mine with the seat back.

    Dave

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    63
    Hi was wondering if the 6point8 can be built up to handle a bit more trail-ish rides? Like using XTR parts and stuff to lower the weight so that climbing is not too much of a ***** without compromising the downs.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by waynep
    Hi was wondering if the 6point8 can be built up to handle a bit more trail-ish rides? Like using XTR parts and stuff to lower the weight so that climbing is not too much of a ***** without compromising the downs.
    The 6point8 is built up with pretty light stuff as is - SRAM X-0 shifters and rear derailleur, Juicy Carbon brakes, DT EX1750 wheels. You could run XTR shifters and rear derailleur as well as brakes, but I don't think it would make a noticeable difference. That is pretty much all you could swap to XTR - the cranks, rear hub, front derailleur are not compatible.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    63
    okie noted. Thanks for the help.

  41. #41
    ...In the meantime.
    Reputation: EvilBkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    189
    The Path has em'...the owner and one of the employee's each have one (albeit with slightly altered specs). I rode one of the employee's 17" 6point8's today (with a Totem)...very impressive. The rear end feels GREAT I was actually considering what organs I could sell to pay for the frame. I'm 5'11" and would get a 19" (depending an which kidney I decide to pawn).

  42. #42
    !
    Reputation: Jell-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    97
    Someone put a 66SL on that baby and post back please. I wish I had the funds to get one for next summer. Very high drool factor!
    I AM WE TODD DID

    I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    955
    I know the rear end is a 150mm spacing, but what type of attachment does it use? is it a through axle or a super long 150mm skewer type quick release version? Can you possibly get a pic of that 6.8 with the totem

  44. #44
    Just another FOCer
    Reputation: Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,376
    150 x 12 mm thru axle.
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

    NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    730

    frame

    Quote Originally Posted by thephat
    We have 6.6 and 6.8 bikes in stock now. We would be glad to sell you just the frame.
    Cool. Got a size small 6point in yet ?
    All about the ride

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Id Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    105
    I got some; give me a call or e-mail me.
    -Mondo
    714-669-0784
    Sold the Id; riding the Rogue, saving for an Evolve...I ride, I know.

    mondo@thepathbikeshop.com

    http://www.thepathbikeshop.com

  47. #47
    on a routine expedition
    Reputation: Marshall Willanholly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by thephat
    We have 6.6 and 6.8 bikes in stock now. We would be glad to sell you just the frame.
    Indeed they do (and are). Picked this up last night.

    Still have a bit of work to do (new rear brake line, cut steerer, der. cables, etc). I'll probably end up switching to a coil shock, but for now does anyone have a recommendation for where to start with the shock pressures? I'm around 170lb with gear.


  48. #48
    Just another FOCer
    Reputation: Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,376
    Our numbers grow stronger.

    What size frame and are you racing Fontucky on it this weekend?

    PS - When the Lyrik breaks again you can always slap on your 66 Light.

    Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrack
    Indeed they do (and are). Picked this up last night.
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

    NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrack
    Indeed they do (and are). Picked this up last night.

    Still have a bit of work to do (new rear brake line, cut steerer, der. cables, etc). I'll probably end up switching to a coil shock, but for now does anyone have a recommendation for where to start with the shock pressures? I'm around 170lb with gear.

    Nice! Man that looks good.

    I run about 125 lbs in the boost valve and about 10 lbs under riding weight in the main chamber. Start there and check your sag. Have fun!

  50. #50
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrack
    Indeed they do (and are). Picked this up last night.

    Still have a bit of work to do (new rear brake line, cut steerer, der. cables, etc). I'll probably end up switching to a coil shock, but for now does anyone have a recommendation for where to start with the shock pressures? I'm around 170lb with gear.
    WOW!! that looks sick!

    The shop you got it at let you pic all those bits for it?

  51. #51
    on a routine expedition
    Reputation: Marshall Willanholly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    Our numbers grow stronger.

    What size frame and are you racing Fontucky on it this weekend?

    PS - When the Lyrik breaks again you can always slap on your 66 Light.
    It's a large, and I am racing this weekend.

    What do you mean when the Lyric breaks again? It hasn't worked right since I got it back from being "fixed."

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy
    I run about 125 lbs in the boost valve and about 10 lbs under riding weight in the main chamber. Start there and check your sag. Have fun!
    Thanks for the help! How much sag should I be getting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian
    The shop you got it at let you pic all those bits for it?
    Most of them came from my RFX. I got the wheels, cranks, chainguide, and front der. with the frame.

  52. #52
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrack
    Most of them came from my RFX. I got the wheels, cranks, chainguide, and front der. with the frame.
    nice to see another Turner owner make the move in search of more HORSE power

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrack
    Thanks for the help! How much sag should I be getting?
    Around 21/22mm on the shock shaft.

  54. #54
    Just another FOCer
    Reputation: Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,376

    Nice improvement

    The Path got their shipment of large (19) 6Points in yesterday. They got busy building them at the end of the day.

    One nice improvement I noticed was a guide for the rear derailleur housing as it passes by the bottom bracket. I wish I would have had my camera with me, but you no longer need to zip tie the housing to the upright bar on the rear triangle. (As was the case on the 05 7Point series to avoid damage from the chain and/or rings.)

    Nice little improvement. (2 year cycle in full effect.)
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

    NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

  55. #55
    Black Lion
    Reputation: yogreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    The Path got their shipment of large (19) 6Points in yesterday. They got busy building them at the end of the day.

    One nice improvement I noticed was a guide for the rear derailleur housing as it passes by the bottom bracket. I wish I would have had my camera with me, but you no longer need to zip tie the housing to the upright bar on the rear triangle. (As was the case on the 05 7Point series to avoid damage from the chain and/or rings.)

    Nice little improvement. (2 year cycle in full effect.)
    100 percent agree. I think that little noodle for the cable is one of the nicest features on the frame. I also really like the design of the new rocker arms on all the 07 bikes. The way they contour the frame is so sweet.

    Greg
    Voltron

  56. #56
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by yogreg
    100 percent agree. I think that little noodle for the cable is one of the nicest features on the frame. I also really like the design of the new rocker arms on all the 07 bikes. The way they contour the frame is so sweet.

    Greg
    + 2...

    I also really like the attention to the little details and the lower link cable guide/stop is also one of the first things I noticed!!

  57. #57
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,250
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrack
    Indeed they do (and are). Picked this up last night.

    Still have a bit of work to do (new rear brake line, cut steerer, der. cables, etc). I'll probably end up switching to a coil shock, but for now does anyone have a recommendation for where to start with the shock pressures? I'm around 170lb with gear.

    Skull, that thing is Psick. congrats

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    439
    Nice weld.

  59. #59
    Just another FOCer
    Reputation: Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,376
    Adding a little action to the 6Point pics thread.

    12 year old Paulina in her first DH race @ Fontucky aboard a 6Point:

    Photo by Aukmal











    The combination of quick feet, determination and the DW-Link earned her 2nd place:


    Congrats Paulina. I hear she will be back for more.
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

    NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

  60. #60
    on a routine expedition
    Reputation: Marshall Willanholly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,571












    Last edited by Marshall Willanholly; 02-02-2007 at 02:01 PM.

  61. #61
    6pointlovin
    Reputation: deeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    92
    Well here is my 6point. A lowly 6point4, but i have taken a few bits off my old beast to personalize it. Yes i know everyone hates Shermans, but mine has been wonderful & they were better than the forks it came with. I have yet to give her a good run & tickle the setup. But the few first rides have been nothing short of wicked. Light but solid, quick & nimble.

    Lovin it, Thanks IH
    Attached Images Attached Images

  62. #62
    Just another FOCer
    Reputation: Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,376
    I think the dual crown fork voids the warranty on the 6Point.

    Quote Originally Posted by dante
    ...Unfortunately the 6POINT can not take a DC fork (and still be warrantiable...).
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

    NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

  63. #63
    6pointlovin
    Reputation: deeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    I think the dual crown fork voids the warranty on the 6Point.
    Damn, the LBS & the IH guy thought it could be ok.
    I better take it easy till i can afford a better SC fork...
    Last edited by deeboy; 02-05-2007 at 02:53 PM.

  64. #64
    6pointlovin
    Reputation: deeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    92
    Can someone from IH confirm the dual crown-warranty issue. I can't find it anywhere on the site or in the box that my bike came with.

    Also can some one school me in, the whole leverage dual vs single crown issue.
    The bike came with a 160mm SC with a 550mm axel to crown. i have added a 170mm Sherman with a 535mm axel to crown. I know that there is added strength with the top crown, but can some one tell me why a short DC fork is worse than the longer SC.

    Cheers
    D

  65. #65
    Just another FOCer
    Reputation: Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,376
    Skullcrack at DH practice on his 6Point:
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

    NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

  66. #66
    on a routine expedition
    Reputation: Marshall Willanholly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,571
    Here's a couple of me during the race:


    photo from Blue Fire Pictures



    photo from PhotoTurbo
    Last edited by Marshall Willanholly; 02-13-2007 at 12:03 PM.

  67. #67
    Capricious youth...
    Reputation: Prettym1k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,815
    You look enormous on that frame!

    How tall are you? 17" frame?

  68. #68
    on a routine expedition
    Reputation: Marshall Willanholly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
    You look enormous on that frame!

    How tall are you? 17" frame?
    I'm 5'11" and that's a 19" frame. It feels right to me. I certainly wouldn't want a bigger frame, even if they made one.

  69. #69
    Just another FOCer
    Reputation: Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,376
    Some Paulina 6Point8 action @ Fontucky:






    Paulina sequence - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8



    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

    NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,440
    A couple from the weekend.




  71. #71
    Just another FOCer
    Reputation: Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,376
    Some Olcott 6Point action:






    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

    NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

  72. #72
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    Some Olcott 6Point action:
    Great pics...thanks!

    Interesting setup tho with the Totem up front.

  73. #73
    Just another FOCer
    Reputation: Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,376
    Thanks.

    There must be something in the Socal water. Four of my Nomad riding friends run 170/180mm forks as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian
    Great pics...thanks!

    Interesting setup tho with the Totem up front.
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

    NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,440
    Brrraaappp!!

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tkblazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,427
    nice pics winston, were those taken at WC?

  76. #76
    on a routine expedition
    Reputation: Marshall Willanholly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,571
    Olcott in action at the Sea Otter DH:










    Sabrina Jonnier was racing a 6Point8 as well:



    Last edited by Marshall Willanholly; 04-17-2007 at 09:08 AM.

  77. #77
    Just another FOCer
    Reputation: Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,376
    Olcott about to break the sound barrier:
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

    NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

  78. #78
    Capricious youth...
    Reputation: Prettym1k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    Olcott about to break the sound barrier:
    "Holy crap. "

    That's all I have to say about that.

    Well, not "all" I have to say. Is that a Totem on that 6point? Or a Lyric?
    Meh.

  79. #79
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3

    Well, not "all" I have to say. Is that a Totem on that 6point? Or a Lyric?
    that would be a Totem

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    179
    that 'Effective Top Tube' stuff from the Iron Horse site. They say it's with a 25mm layback post... surely that adds another inch?! Especially as other manufacturers only treat it as the horizontal distance between the Head tube and seat tube.

    Obviously... I could be wrong!!!

  81. #81
    Capricious youth...
    Reputation: Prettym1k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,815
    Acadian... that doesn't slack out the geometry to kingdom-come on that bike?

    What have you been building lately? The only time I met you, I believe you were riding a 7point with Codes and a Totem.
    Meh.

  82. #82
    Capricious youth...
    Reputation: Prettym1k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,815
    Acadian... that doesn't slack out the geometry to kingdom-come on that bike?

    What have you been building lately? The only time I met you, I believe you were riding a 7point with Codes and a Totem.
    Meh.

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wormvine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,160

    My 6POINT finished!

    And she works well!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  84. #84
    Just another FOCer
    Reputation: Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,376
    That is one sick ride! Enjoy her.

    Quote Originally Posted by wormvine
    And she works well!
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

    NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation: in the trees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by wormvine
    And she works well!
    Nice, nice, nice! Great build!

    toby

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    143
    nice any ideas of the weight of that build?

  87. #87
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599
    In her natural habitat..


  88. #88
    Just another FOCer
    Reputation: Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,376
    Nice shot Luc. What are the grid coordinates to that location? Kidding.

    Any plans for a write up?

    Winston
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

    NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos

  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    81
    After looking at these sexy machines
    I'm interested in a frame to build it up.

    Do they climb ok?
    What's the average weight in these (low/mid 30's lbs)?

    Where can I find a frame and how much they go for?

    thanks for your help
    regards,
    Charles

  90. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    249

    O yes

    Quote Originally Posted by Mastersonics
    After looking at these sexy machines
    I'm interested in a frame to build it up.

    Do they climb ok?
    What's the average weight in these (low/mid 30's lbs)?

    Where can I find a frame and how much they go for?

    thanks for your help
    regards,
    Charles
    I have been riding one a lot for around 8 months now. It is for reall.

    The 6 point is a very capable climber especially once you get used to the low BB.

    You have to build it up nice ($$) to get it in the low 30s. Mid to high 30s is more common.

    We sell them at The Path. Price can very from model to model, but the frames are mid to low teens in us dollars.

  91. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation: norcobryce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    487
    how strong are the 6 points would they be good for slopestyle.

  92. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    11
    how strong are the 6 points would they be good for slopestyle.
    I have that same question, is the 6 point able to take bigger drops and gaps ?

  93. #93
    Who pickin the banjo?
    Reputation: menachite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    287
    That all depends on the rider not the bike. You could hit a 15' gapped double on a road bike if you are smooth.
    "We ought never to look behind us with regret nor ahead with fear, but around us with awareness."

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    639
    6 Points are pretty good for slopestyle once you get used to them. The suspension on DW-Link bikes runs softer (low compression) than most bikes so they tend to soak up and smooth out the ride more than most bikes. I found my 6Point felt very close to my 7Point in that it is great for bigger sized jumps and for tearing through rock gardens, but for bouncing off of kickers it still felt a little on the soft side compared to my MKIII.
    Right now I'm riding (testing) out a Bottle Rocket and I must admit this bike is amazing for jumping and throwing around. I can bounce off stumps and rocks with it much easier. I attribute this to geometry and tighter suspension. With that said, once I hit rock gardens or chatter the bike becomes a pogo stick, and this is where the DW-Link shines.
    Slopestyle bikes generally work best when the suspension is firm to get maximum boost and control off of jumps. I think Iron Horse should make a 4.5-5" slopestyle bike with slack geometry. My intuition says that they are already on it. They had something close to it a while ago with there Hollowpoint 4X bike. I would say that the MKIII with a shorter stem and the headangle slackener would be a little better for true "slopestyle". For throwing down the 15' foot ladder drops the 7 Point is your bike.

  95. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation: norcobryce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    487
    ryder kasprick does use a mklll for slopstyle and i was confused when i saw him on one but now i understand why.

  96. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wormvine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtDiggler
    6 Points are pretty good for slopestyle once you get used to them. The suspension on DW-Link bikes runs softer (low compression) than most bikes so they tend to soak up and smooth out the ride more than most bikes. I found my 6Point felt very close to my 7Point in that it is great for bigger sized jumps and for tearing through rock gardens, but for bouncing off of kickers it still felt a little on the soft side compared to my MKIII.
    Right now I'm riding (testing) out a Bottle Rocket and I must admit this bike is amazing for jumping and throwing around. I can bounce off stumps and rocks with it much easier. I attribute this to geometry and tighter suspension. With that said, once I hit rock gardens or chatter the bike becomes a pogo stick, and this is where the DW-Link shines.
    Slopestyle bikes generally work best when the suspension is firm to get maximum boost and control off of jumps. I think Iron Horse should make a 4.5-5" slopestyle bike with slack geometry. My intuition says that they are already on it. They had something close to it a while ago with there Hollowpoint 4X bike. I would say that the MKIII with a shorter stem and the headangle slackener would be a little better for true "slopestyle". For throwing down the 15' foot ladder drops the 7 Point is your bike.
    That's some good fo' Dirt. I now ride the 6point, had a 7point. And my wife rides the MK3.
    The 6point has been doing pretty well even though I think it is real cramped when I drop the seat low. Not that I am sitting much while descending but when I am DH'ing I'll keep the seat low and I am practically sitting on the back of the seat. And my seat is all the way back. I am 5'8" and bought a 17" frame. I wish I could've tried a 19" frame.

    As for the slopestyle bike, That's a good idea. I want a bike that has slacker geometry for my wife but not the weight of the 6point. She doesn't need lots of travel either. Just a slacker HA than the MK3 currently has. Somewhere near 67.5 deg. A dw-link bottle-rocket with the weight of the MOJO would be nice!

  97. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6
    Hello?, I just got my 6.8 frame. It's a 15" one. It looks nice. My only worry is that the rocker link (not sure if it is the right term for it) will hit the seatpost clamp on its full travel. They look so close each other. Anyone ride 15" 6.8??, or hopefully Mr. DW can explain this? Appreciate it !.

  98. #98
    on a routine expedition
    Reputation: Marshall Willanholly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,571
    A couple shots from yesterday's ride:

    This first one I've entitled "Iron Horse and Neutered Goat"



    Last edited by Marshall Willanholly; 07-24-2007 at 12:25 PM.

  99. #99
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599
    great shots...thanks for sharing. man I can't wait to be healthy again so I can ride mine.

  100. #100
    Stand back
    Reputation: dbabuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,183

    2nd That!

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtDiggler
    I think Iron Horse should make a 4.5-5" slopestyle bike with slack geometry. My intuition says that they are already on it. They had something close to it a while ago with there Hollowpoint 4X bike.
    I hope you're right, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I don't honestly need 6" to ride front range Denver trails, but I do like slack and low. I'm currently trail riding a lowered gemini, but I know the rear suspension could be more effective. I'd thought about an mkiii with headtube slackener/ longer fork, but don't want the bb to get too high, and I also want a bike I can 4x/dj on without worrying about breaking it. A short travel 6 point seems like it would be pretty close...
    Golden Bike Park

    Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •