Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Point photos

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtDiggler
    Rideitall,

It looks great ! I love the way that ROCO looks against the black of the frame and those wheels should be indestructable.

I'm absolutely loving my 6Point after modifying the shock canister )air curve) on my DHX air. I haven't had any pedal smacks since and the bike rides WAY better overall.

How do you like the Marz ROCO air ?

By the way, I highly recommend the headset by Enduro, it makes my ride feel dialed my Marz 55TST fork.

DirtDiggler,
    The ROCO air feels very nice, seems to perfectly balance the 66 RC2X. You feel the ramp up at end of stroke but it does not feel harsh in any way. On the slower techincal trails I would say it at least equals or perhaps even better then the DHX-C I had on my Nomad. I need to hit up some faster trails to see how the high speed setup on the shock is. Haven't had enough rides to attest for its longevity, or all ride conditions but so far (fingers crossed) so good.

At least for now I am holding off onthe Enduro headset externalizer. I seem to have found the balance point for the bike, so I don't notice the head angle any more. I would guess your setup with the 55 and the Enduro and mine with the 66 should be pretty close in terms of head angle. The 2007 66 (180mm) is 565 A2C any idea on the 55.

I have a new IH convertee. A buddy of mine just bought a small 6Point6 frame and will transfer all the parts off his old Gemini. If it works out he will only require a fork, stem, seatpost, maybe bottom bracket as well.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Hi,
    Iam looking for a 6 Point Frame in Medium, does anyone of you know, where to buy the frame?

Does anyone of you sell the Frame?

Thanks Kirsten

mtbr member
    Good luck, 6points are awesome. I think most of the 07s are sold out. so you might have to settle for a 08. Check out www.beyondbikes.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by da_killerk
    Hi,
    Iam looking for a 6 Point Frame in Medium, does anyone of you know, where to buy the frame?

Does anyone of you sell the Frame?

Thanks Kirsten
    Hi,

We have a 2008 6.6 17 inch in stock at The Path. We will usually take the parts off our complete bikes and sell you just the frame if you like, and this would not be a problem in this case. We also have a medium 2008 6.4.

mtbr member
    I did quite a bit of searching to locate one, I only found one source online...a small shop in New York and I live in Portland OR, seems like most of the 07's are gone in 17". I found a 6.8 for 3k, but it was the only one! The 6.8 isn't available in 08 either

mtbr member
    Thanks for the answers!

@ thephat: did you get my pm?

cheers kirsten

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

6 Point 7 Update

Well, I guess it's done, at least for now.

I found a stem to replace the old one that looks a little better, cut the steerer tube down a little and lowered the bar height. The last change is a Manitou Evolver ISX-6 air shock.

Only one ride in very marginal conditions so not too much to report. I does seem to ride very nice helps the rear tire stay on the ground, didn't get in much for jumps/drops so no comment as yet. Might not be quite as plush as the Roco Air TST but haven't had much time for testing with the various air pressures.

Anyways here are a few updated snaps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr platinum member
    On the ISX-6, it does take a little while to break in. I'd also suggest trying 50 psi in the IFP chamber to see if that helps, especially during break-in.
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.

Capricious youth...
    All Manitou parts take a while to break in it seems.
    Meh.

Amphibious Technologies

6Point6

6.6 spotted in Aliso Woods. Thanks to thephat for an awesome deal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SCUBAPRO; 05-04-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAPRO
    I didn't think Fox made the DHX Air in 8.75" x 2.75".

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    I didn't think Fox made the DHX Air in 8.75" x 2.75".
    That's the back-up 2.5" stroke shock. The dhxc is on its way to Push.

GAME ON!
    whoa seatpost
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    whoa seatpost
    I know, Thomson is old skool. A GD might go on it soon.

The good news is you can slam that saddle out of the way for steep chunky trails, jumps and drops.
    Last edited by SCUBAPRO; 05-05-2008 at 10:11 AM.

mtbr member
    What's your 6 point weigh as shown? I am considering doing the same. Taking parts off of my 7 point and building a 6 point with a Totem solo air.
    Thanks

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by manitou2200
    What's your 6 point weigh as shown? I am considering doing the same. Taking parts off of my 7 point and building a 6 point with a Totem solo air.
    Thanks
    Don't know for sure but my guess would be 36# with the Totem Coil. Frame with DHXa weighed in at 8.5#.

I will weigh and post back. It does feel/ride heavy with a DH specific front tire.
    Last edited by SCUBAPRO; 05-07-2008 at 05:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Don't know for sure but my guess would be 26# with the Totem Coil. Frame with DHXa weighed in at 8.5#.

I will weigh and post back. It does feel/ride heavy with a DH specific front tire.
    Do you mean 36#?

Amphibious Technologies
    Do you mean 36#?
    Weight according to my Alpine digital scale is 36.08lbs as shown with Maxxis High Roller UST Tires: 2.35 rr, 2.7 fr & coil Totem
    Last edited by SCUBAPRO; 05-08-2008 at 07:48 AM.

mtbr platinum member
    Scuba, Care to compare the 6-Pack to the new 6-Point?
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerx40
    Scuba, Care to compare the 6-Pack to the new 6-Point?
    Can't do a comprehensive review as of yet; need to dial in the 6Point and spend more time riding it.

Here are my observations so far:

CLIMBING: The 6Point is a bit harder to climb but that is likely because it is 3lbs heavier and 1.5lbs of that is in the front tire. On techy/rocky climbs, they both climb as good though I'd pick the Pack for that due to slightly higher BB (less pedal strikes). The rear of the 6Point does stiffen up a bit under power but not enough to make it harsh as compared to my Pack where it remains fully active and would sometimes dive when going over a dip even under power.

DROPS: they both feel the same.

BRAKING: Braking in rough, the Six Pack has slight advantage as the rear feels more active; I can more easily lock up the rear on the 6Point indicating a slightly less active rear end while on the brakes.

SQUARE EDGE: The 6Point does take on square edge hits better (does not hang up on square edge-high speed hits). I did notice a little pedal feedback on sharp edge rocks but very minimal: proabbly just as much as my Pack or dare I say a tiny bit less.

CORNERING: 6 Point slightly better probably due to lower BB (it currently sits at 13.75BB - shock is 1/8 shorter; my pack sits at 14.1BB).
    Last edited by SCUBAPRO; 05-15-2008 at 03:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Scuba,

How does it feel with the geo of the 2.5 shock? Low and slack is very appealing! Are you still selling a 19" 6point frame??

Thanks

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by motoguru2007
    Scuba,

How does it feel with the geo of the 2.5 shock? Low and slack is very appealing! Are you still selling a 19" 6point frame??

Thanks
    The shock in the picture is just shy of 8.75 i2i which lowered the BB back to stock and slackened the angles a bit. According to my cheap angle finder, the current SA is 72.5 and HA is 67.5. Those numbers are pretty close to my 6Pack with SA of 72 and HA of 67. So it's no surprise they ride very similar.

I have ridden a 6Point with an 8.5x2.5 shock & Lyrik up front; BB sits at 13.6, HA I think was around 67*. I really liked this slack and low version of the 6Point on downhill and corners; a bit tricky on rocky climbs (gotta watch those pedals) but very nice overall. You can actually achieve the same effective BB if you run 35% sag on an 8.75x.2.75 shock and get the benefit of longer travel.

The Large frame is on its way to its new owner.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Rideitall - What made you switch to the ISX? Just trying it out? Which shock are you liking more? I used a Swinger 4-way air on my 7Point for a few months and loved it but ended up selling the bike. So far my modified DHX-air is working pretty well on my 6 Point. I have the outer canister filled with plastic so it ramps up super quick and feels more like a small-can fox float. The ROCO air has been very tempting though...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hey all,

Just picked up an 07 6 point 8 frameset (half price )

Just built it up and taken it for a quick blast - Amazing. Truly amazing. Climbs like a hardtail and has to be the best bike I've ridden down hill by a long way. That's without adjusting the stock shock settings.

Its pretty heavy though ! more than I thought but stupidly heavy bb/cranks and a 66rcx on the front.

Can anyone suggest a 30.0 seatpost with layback, can't seem to find one.
    Ta

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spoon08
    Can anyone suggest a 30.0 seatpost with layback, can't seem to find one.
    Ta
    Try this one: http://www.eastonbike.com/PRODUCTS/POSTS/post_havoc_'06.html

mtbr member
    THis one will work with a seatpost shim.
    http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...5&category=766

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Does IH allow shimming - does it invalidate the warranty. Save a lot of hassle.

Anyone know where I can find the serial number of the frame - Its not on the bb shell.

Ta.

mtbr member
    Hi,

my 6Point has finally arrived. The rear whell is from my sunday and will be replaced by a hop pro II hub with mavic 823 ust rim.

Cheers Da_KillerK

Amphibious Technologies
    Hi,
    my 6Point has finally arrived. The rear whell is from my sunday and will be replaced by a hop pro II hub with mavic 823 ust rim.
    Cheers Da_KillerK
    Well Done DK. Very nice build indeed! I really like those Hope brakes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Rideitall - What made you switch to the ISX? Just trying it out? Which shock are you liking more? I used a Swinger 4-way air on my 7Point for a few months and loved it but ended up selling the bike. So far my modified DHX-air is working pretty well on my 6 Point. I have the outer canister filled with plastic so it ramps up super quick and feels more like a small-can fox float. The ROCO air has been very tempting though...
    DirtDiggler
    I still have the Roco TST and picked up an ISX to try it out (self confessed gear pig). The ISX does ride a little higher in the travel, ramps up very well and controlled. I might need to send the shock back to Manitou as I don't think the low speed compression is doing much (no real change from full open to full closed).

The Roco TST Air might be a touch plusher on the full on high speed but both work extremely well. The adjustments on the ISX are more involved (6 way) vs the Roco TST R, in which the TST lever adjusts the compression (low speed only I believe). I would take either of them over the DHX-C.

I haven't had too much time on the big bike as I have been riding my trail bike to get into shape, and have been working too much as well.

In the next few weeks I hope to get lots more riding time and perhaps can comment further.

GAME ON!
    dig the yellow, not so much love for the yellow + teal
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Hi,

Cheers Da_KillerK
    Sweet build Kirsten!! Are you all Iron Horse now?
    Allan

mtbr member
    Sweet build Kirsten!! Are you all Iron Horse now?
    Allan
    Thanks Allan,

no I own a steppenwolf twixter 4x hardtail as well:-)

My 6 is not ready weight is very high with the dh tire/wheelset. 16.5 kg
    Front derailleur and wheels will be changed.

I've also tuned the dhx air with a plastic shim inside the outter air sleeve. I hope to get the missing parts today, so I could do some riding this weekend.
    By the way: For those of you who ride a e13 drs guid, how many spacers do you have on the drive site between bb and frame?

Cheers Da_KillerK
    Last edited by da_killerk; 05-15-2008 at 03:18 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Da_KillerK -

Very nice 6 Point for sure, I love that color! Good thinking on filling the outer sleeve too. I have mine totally filled with plastic and it makes a HUGE difference...especially the mid stroke. It sort of feels like having a FOX AVA sleeve on the shock. Your going to love the bike, it just gets better each time you ride it.

mtbr member
    I just cutted the shim out of an old bicycle bottle. the material seems to be perfect.

Amphibious Technologies
    I've also tuned the dhx air with a plastic shim inside the outter air sleeve. I hope to get the missing parts today, so I could do some riding this weekend.

By the way: For those of you who ride a e13 drs guid, how many spacers do you have on the drive site between bb and frame?
    You can achieve the same thing by switching to the small RP23 canister. But the large canister seems to work really well on that frame.

I DO NOT have any spacers on the drive side. I use one spacer on the non-drive side.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Yeah, RP23 small can air sleeve works awesome. I had that setup on my Bottle Rocket and loved it. Do they make a small RP23 sleeve in 8.75" X 2.5" ?

Filling the outer sleeve really makes a difference on this bike. I used to slam my pedals on rocks with the stock setup, now it ramps up higher in the travel and I can drop the air pressure way down. The result is better small bump compliance without blowing through the travel, and less pedal smackage.
    Last edited by DirtDiggler; 05-26-2008 at 09:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Nice! I'm glad your trying that shock, that was high up on my list of shocks so I would love to hear more when you get some good rides in on it. I managed to find a brand new old school Vanilla RC for $50.00 that I'm going to be trying on this ride soon. It should be a pogo stick but tons of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rideitall
    DirtDiggler
    I still have the Roco TST and picked up an ISX to try it out (self confessed gear pig). The ISX does ride a little higher in the travel, ramps up very well and controlled. I might need to send the shock back to Manitou as I don't think the low speed compression is doing much (no real change from full open to full closed).

The Roco TST Air might be a touch plusher on the full on high speed but both work extremely well. The adjustments on the ISX are more involved (6 way) vs the Roco TST R, in which the TST lever adjusts the compression (low speed only I believe). I would take either of them over the DHX-C.

I haven't had too much time on the big bike as I have been riding my trail bike to get into shape, and have been working too much as well.

In the next few weeks I hope to get lots more riding time and perhaps can comment further.

EastBaySteez
    Nice! I'm glad your trying that shock, that was high up on my list of shocks so I would love to hear more when you get some good rides in on it. I managed to find a brand new old school Vanilla RC for $50.00 that I'm going to be trying on this ride soon. It should be a pogo stick but tons of fun.
    you'd be surprised how good a shox with no adjustments feels on the DW linkage. I was worried when I switched to my ROCO RC. It feels load better than my Air shox with lockout and floodgate.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

mtbr member
    May 2008
    i just bought a 07 6point4 for half the price and i've already ride it! It looks really reallyyyyyyyy promising! I'm not posting any pics cos it is not changed from the original specs. I love this bike! There is only one thing that bothers me and it is the fork (marz all mountain 4). Maybe i will change it in the future, cos i like the top regulations :P

cheers

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Is it rude to install a double crown fork in a 6point? I mean, i've already seen pictures of guys putting them in their 6point bikes, but is it really confortable for the rider and bike geometry?

Oh and.. sorry the double post.

Cheers
    xD

Capricious youth...
    Afrmonteiro, it voids the warranty on the bike.
    Meh.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    It might rake the crap out of the bike. I'm suprised it Voids the warranty though...wow!

EastBaySteez
    I wouldnt be to worried about sheering off the headtube. Who cares about the warranty.

If I break my 7point I already know that IH isnt going to do sh!t to replace it. I've come to realize that and now accept it. (It makes beating on it alot easier)

Mabye s 888RC 7" version. Unless you have already done with 7" conversion for the rear, them why not. Slap on the 8" DC.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motormonkeyr6
    I wouldnt be to worried about sheering off the headtube. Who cares about the warranty.

If I break my 7point I already know that IH isnt going to do sh!t to replace it. I've come to realize that and now accept it. (It makes beating on it alot easier)

Mabye s 888RC 7" version. Unless you have already done with 7" conversion for the rear, them why not. Slap on the 8" DC.

So I should just consider the fact that IH sent me a brand new frame when i found a crack on the downtube a fluke. They actually sent me the frame before I sent them mine so I could keep riding. And they let me change the size of the frame. I received my new frame in about a week. Damn Ironhorse!

Capricious youth...
    I've had fantastic service from MJ at World Wide Cycles... the distributor for IH.

Grant, you're blaspheming here.
    Meh.

mtbr member
    Anyone else think the paint on the 6.4's is extremly non-durable?

Maybe i should buff and wax it..
    2007 Ironhorse 6.4
    2006 Ironhorse Yakuza Bakuto
    2003 Ironhorse Warrior

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

quick release on 6point?

is this 150x12 quick release axle on 6point? where can i get one?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phobie
    is this 150x12 quick release axle on 6point? where can i get one?

No quick release for the 6point. It uses a 12mm Thru-axle. Same axle as the 7point.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wormvine
    No quick release for the 6point. It uses a 12mm Thru-axle. Same axle as the 7point.
    look at photos of yellow 6point in this thread, that lever definitely didn`t looks like bolt-on 12mm axle.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast