Thread: Wilton Woods

'Tis but a scratch

Wilton Woods

I have read a bit about this place and plan to go check it out. It seems to be right "up my alley" with loads of single track and lots of interesting trail features in a XC setting.

I have discovered several maps and would like your opinions on which is the most accurate/complete. Here are 3 that I have and it seems like the last one from bikerag has the most trails shown. I'm guessing some are unmarked.

Anyway, if you have any opinions on which of these is the best representation or a link to "the best" map, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Wilton Woods - Interactive Trail Map Plus

Wilton Woods - Interactive Trail Map

CT - Wilton Woods trail review

Delirious Tuck
    First two are good and might be getting updates in immediate future. There's typically a Sunday morning crew around 9am, however we're all doing trail work elsewhere on Sunday so probably catch folks May 5th or afternoon this saturday.

Best loop for some XC then finish with features is Blue Counter Clockwise all the way back to Red (its kinda hidden to the left after a steep up on Blue). Play on Red, but look before you leap and check features before attempting b/c someones booby trapped stuff in the past.

then either go Red to Orange North/"up stream" to Blue Clockwise and out or just Red to Orange South and out.

Its a very technically challenging park even by New England standards.

mtbr member
    I havent been there since Bike rag was first invented! looks like a lot of goods up there, would ride a weekday say 11 or so, gotta work later. I want to see all the work that has gone in there since say, 2000.
    "Hillbilly in a corporate world"

'Tis but a scratch
    I went and checked this place out yesterday. It is definitely small. I did the route you recommended and I was back at the orange/blue intersection in about an hour. So, I then just went off exploring a few of the other trails. This resulted in hitting red trail twice - had to be done. Red trail does have some nice features. A couple of the drops were too big for my taste, but I was able to dabble with many of the features.

Pics and a GPS track of my route are here:

EveryTrail | EveryTrail

Fun little park! Thanks again.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by huffster View Post
    I went and checked this place out yesterday. It is definitely small. I did the route you recommended and I was back at the orange/blue intersection in about an hour. So, I then just went off exploring a few of the other trails. This resulted in hitting red trail twice - had to be done. Red trail does have some nice features. A couple of the drops were too big for my taste, but I was able to dabble with many of the features.

Pics and a GPS track of my route are here:

EveryTrail | EveryTrail

Fun little park! Thanks again.
    Yep, fun spot. I usually end up about 2-3 hours total, by doing different loops, sessioning a few things, drinking a beer.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper