mtbr member
    Apr 2012

who rides a rumblefish in Connecticut?

wondering if it is a good all around bike for the area? short tight trails with lots of hills up and down,roots and rocks. small drops..

Delirious Tuck
    Bottom bracket height of 13''+ and chainstays south of 17.9'' are your friend for full squish 29ers.

I have a turner sultan with 18.2'' stays and its been an awesome and efficient bike, but the length of the thing is now an impediment to my riding style (turning the bike over through tight corners you really feel the 6'' and change wheelbase).

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by winginit View Post
    wondering if it is a good all around bike for the area? short tight trails with lots of hills up and down,roots and rocks. small drops..
    Hi winginit,

I ride Rumblefish in CT. And that bike is awesome!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails who rides a rumblefish in Connecticut?-rf-woods2.jpg  

who rides a rumblefish in Connecticut?-rf-woods4.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumer View Post
    Hi winginit,

I ride Rumblefish in CT. And that bike is awesome!
    awsome where do you ride , are you located on the west side on CT ?

L really like mine too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails who rides a rumblefish in Connecticut?-img_0478.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by winginit View Post
    awsome where do you ride , are you located on the west side on CT ?

L really like mine too!
    Nice bike!

I am in the middle of CT, Hartford area.
    Usually I ride trails at West Hartford Reservoir, it has all kinds of trails - single track, paved, gravel, rocks, easy, technical and not to technical.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Yup, I have been riding a Rumblefish for the past 4 season and they are great bike for the rugged CT trails. Has taken my riding to another level and breed confindence. An awesome choice for the riding up near you, love ripping the upper ridgeline @ Penwood on mine.

I have had one from every season and the 2013 Pro looks like the best of the all now that the Reverb is included. Dropper posts make this bike a blast on the really techincal stuff we ride and brings a whole new level of speed to the downhills.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    update.. still lovin my Rumblefish i smoked my first set of tires. i put on some Ardent Maxxis 2.4 and they are nice as well, I had to replace the seat after going over the bars and the seat smashing down on my back and bending the rails. I also put on a short thomson stem and a 50mm rise wide bar and am comfy.

Parking Lot Poser
    Had many a good ride aboard this bike....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails who rides a rumblefish in Connecticut?-image.jpg  

feelin good is good enough

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Anybody in CT or RI looking for a XL Rumblefish Pro for the upcoming season? I have '13 that I am looking to unload since I just got my Cannondale Trigger 1. Less than 5 ride and in awesome condition, drop me a line if interested.