mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Where to ride in CT?

Hey everyone, I'm planning on driving down to CT this weekend to see some new trails and get a ride in. Any trails down that way that are clear of snow and firm enough to ride on at this point? Or should I just plan on holing up in the basement on the rollers for another weekend?

eb5
    mtbr member
    With the amount of snow expected you may be holed up in your basement again.

mtbr member

Where to ride in CT?

Quote Originally Posted by eb5 View Post
    With the amount of snow expected you may be holed up in your basement again.
    This ^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Come to Cape Cod if you want to ride....the rain will wash away the rest of our snow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by iceboxsteve View Post
    Come to Cape Cod if you want to ride....the rain will wash away the rest of our snow.
    Will the trails on the Cape be firm enough to ride by Sunday though? I imagine the cape drains pretty good, but I've never been out that way for a ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by solo-x View Post
    Will the trails on the Cape be firm enough to ride by Sunday though? I imagine the cape drains pretty good, but I've never been out that way for a ride.
    Ah! Never been to Cape! Haha, well to be fair I grew up in NWCT and never once thought I'd find my way out here. So when a really good job came up I was really hesitant "but, where is the mountain biking!?" Luckily, there is some, and its pretty darn good. Its got a very different flavor from typical New England riding, but I learned to like it. And a lot of folks agree, considering we get an exodus of Bostonites (and even Quebecois) who come down during these months.

This winter has been atypical (snow has stayed for much longer) but generally we are very snow-free and "mud season" does not exist. This sandy spit of land drains like, well a sandbox.

CCNEMBA is coming back online, I'd suggest checking out the FB page or what not. Trail of Tears (TOT) is right of 6 in Barnstable (~20 minutes from the Sagamore bridge) and Otis is down 28 (~20 minutes from the Bourne Bridge).

mtbr member
    You can try riding some trails, if the snow is not too wet, makes pedaling way too hard. urban (free)riding is always another option.
    "Hillbilly in a corporate world"