MC MasterShake

What's the best place to ride near Danbury?

Going to be visiting some relatives tomorrow afternoon and I'd like to get some riding in. I'd prefer techy and/or flowy single track over fire roads and vistas. I don't want to drive too far though. How is that Tarrywhile park?

Delirious Tuck
    Terrywile sucks.

Check out Huntington State Park or Wilton Woods, both are within 30min. Check out FCNEMBA.org for trail maps of both. Wilton would be more fun for you, log rides, rock gardens, ample drops... if you go to WW (Bradley Road in Wilton) head in clockwise, Blue trail to red trail (stuntery trail) to orange cross stream, back to blue and then counter-clockwise and bomb blue out. Park should be good, we do a ton of work.

Huntington is nice as well, you'd probably enjoy the Chimney trail quite a bit.

Trumbull is further and depending on what you want could be Full Face or just techy XC...

... You don't have a chili with you do you?

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    What he said. Wilton is small/short, Hunt has more mileage, both are good.

I'm in Danbury - if you're back any time, there is some very good stuff that requires no significant drive time. Some other, even better stuff in the 30 minute drive range.

I'm assuming you posted this about Friday, and I'm too late anyhow though.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

MC MasterShake
    Quote Originally Posted by thefriar View Post
    Terrywile sucks.

Check out Huntington State Park or Wilton Woods, both are within 30min. Check out FCNEMBA.org for trail maps of both. Wilton would be more fun for you, log rides, rock gardens, ample drops... if you go to WW (Bradley Road in Wilton) head in clockwise, Blue trail to red trail (stuntery trail) to orange cross stream, back to blue and then counter-clockwise and bomb blue out. Park should be good, we do a ton of work.

Huntington is nice as well, you'd probably enjoy the Chimney trail quite a bit.

Trumbull is further and depending on what you want could be Full Face or just techy XC...

... You don't have a chili with you do you?
    Thanks for the info. I got stuck in traffic so I couldn't ride anyway. I ended up getting a Mianus ride in the wee hours of my trip. I've ridden Huntington but never Trumbull.

No Chilly so far. Looks like I didn't make the cut, but nothing is confirmed so far

MC MasterShake
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    What he said. Wilton is small/short, Hunt has more mileage, both are good.

I'm in Danbury - if you're back any time, there is some very good stuff that requires no significant drive time. Some other, even better stuff in the 30 minute drive range.

I'm assuming you posted this about Friday, and I'm too late anyhow though.
    Yeah, trip didn't go as planned. Ended up in Stamford.

I will be staying in Danbury for a few days during Christmas. So if the weather cooperates and your kicking around then maybe we can get a ride in.