mtbr member

Wadsworth Falls State Park of Middletown‏

Great riding today, very easy trails as it was mostly single and double track trails. Not a lot of technical stuff. Well marked. Slow pace, stopped to look at the sights....2 hours/6.4miles. Nice waterfalls.

DEP: Wadsworth Falls State Park
    http://www.bikekinetix.com/t_ct/ct_s...orth_falls.php
    Wadsworth Falls Connecticut Trail Reviews
    CT - wadsworth falls
    New England Mountain Bike Association, CT Chapter: TA Report: Wadsworth Falls SP

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Nice I live about ten minutes from there, been hiking it weekends with a brown lab mix pup.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    i ride at Wadsworth quite a bit with a friend and our dogs (its about 10 mins from my house, 5 mins from his). There is some singletrack that is "new" since I first started riding there 17 years ago, and its got a nice flow to it. If you want something more techy that is close by, try middlesex or millers pond.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    When I got my first mountain bike, maybe 15 years ago, I eventually brought it to wadsworth to ride with a friend. There was a section that I had to walk it across a tree which was a bridge over a ravine, dropped the bike, broke the bike, parked the bike due to lack of funds to repair.
    I think it's time I go back to check it out and redeem myself...even if it's just a pitstop to warm up on the way to Millers.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Richtacular View Post
    When I got my first mountain bike, maybe 15 years ago, I eventually brought it to wadsworth to ride with a friend. There was a section that I had to walk it across a tree which was a bridge over a ravine, dropped the bike, broke the bike, parked the bike due to lack of funds to repair.
    I think it's time I go back to check it out and redeem myself...even if it's just a pitstop to warm up on the way to Millers.
    Come ride with us (CT NEMBA) on Wednesday, May 9th! We'll hit most of the singletrack in about an hour.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle Snack View Post
    Come ride with us (CT NEMBA) on Wednesday, May 9th! We'll hit most of the singletrack in about an hour.
    Thanks, I certainly would, but I have both a softball game and hockey game that same night.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle Snack View Post
    Just giving you a heads up.. Middletown public works is rebuilding the dirt section of Laurel grove rd. The road will be closed 7 am - 5:30 for about a week. So I'm not sure if you were planning on entering from that side, or the Wadsworth fall's side, just keep that in mind
    -Scott

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Tonite's ride is canceled due to wet conditions.