Public Figure

Tyler Mill: Route Options?

I rode in Tyler Mill for the first time today. I started in the Memorial park and went to the trails from there. There are so many trails in here... crazy. The question is, anyone have a favorite route? What trails do you like to ride, although I know most aren't marked.

mtbr member
    I'd start with Crankfire, they have pretty decent maps for this place I think.

I got totally lost my first time there too. There's a really nice stretch of about 1.5 - 2 miles of singletrack tucked in a bit, with some nice trails around that. Here's a ride I did there last year (Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Tyler Mill near Wallingford Center | Times and Records | Strava), if you follow the trail I did out of the parking lot, you'll get to a road, follow that to a bridge, and then ride up the hill to the right. At the 1.25 mile point in that ride, I took a right off the main road, I think that's the best track in the whole park. Let me know if you can't see it on the GPS track and I'll give some more specific directions.

Overall great place though, love riding there.
    The Trail Bike: 2009 Salsa Big Mama

The Race Bike: 2010 Niner Jet 9

Public Figure
    This is good, thank you. I don't know how I forgot to check out Crankfire I'll try this route out next time, bringing my GPS so I don't get lost.

Thanks again,
    yspelipe

mtbr member
    No problem, happy to help. If you're looking for people to ride with there, shoot me a PM some time, I have a group who rides most weekends and that's in our rotation.
    The Trail Bike: 2009 Salsa Big Mama

The Race Bike: 2010 Niner Jet 9

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I also ride there every weekend. (I live 5 minutes from there) if you ever need help with trails, I can do them all in my sleep. lol

mtbr member
    I remember riding tyler hills almost 10 years ago and it was one of the more fun spots I've ever ridden. There were some singletrack sections that were insanely fun... I wish I lived closer so I could get to know the trails better. I remember starting out heading up a hill and doing some pretty rocky stuff with some pretty steep drop offs to either side of me that were a bit intimidating, but once past that it was pretty smooth riding with not too much to risk...