Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

trails near hartford

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  CB2 
#1 ·
I will be living and working in bloomfield, just north of hartford this summer and am wondering where i can find good mountain bike trails. mostly xc or am trails north west of hart ford. im also interested in trails that may be south or east that are close to the area. thanks in advance.

#7 ·
That's a great area for Mountain Biking. I moved to the SF bay area 4 1/2 years ago and miss the eastern hardwood forests and granite rock gardens. CA has some epic riding but I sure do miss the rocks. I do not miss winter however.

#8 ·
There is beaucoup riding in the Hartford area. I highly recommend these sites:

Mountain biking in CT - Trail Reivews with maps and pics
Mountain Bike Trails, GPS Data, Maps, Photos, Reviews & Events :: New England Mountain Biking Community

Also, talk to the guys at Pedal Power - they have shops in Middletown and Vernon, and can direct you to trails all over the place. (the only way I'm connected to the shop is as a happy customer)

Someone mentioned Case Mountain in Manchester - way overridden, IMO. I used to ride there years ago (late 80s/mid 90s). I was there recently, and the trails are pretty rough (at least compared to what they used to be). Not for newbs/sissies. You get pretty remote pretty quick, and it's easy to get lost/way off piste...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.