mtbr member
    Mar 2012

trails near hartford

I will be living and working in bloomfield, just north of hartford this summer and am wondering where i can find good mountain bike trails. mostly xc or am trails north west of hart ford. im also interested in trails that may be south or east that are close to the area. thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    West Hartford Reservoir is a good spot with easy to moderate trails, Case Mountain in Manchester is a great ride and I like Nepaug state forest in New Hartford. There is also miles of paved and stonedust greenway trail located within 20 minutes of Bloomfield.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    go to ...
    CTNEMBA
    click on the word "trails" and a google map will pop up with markers of most of the trails in CT
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    There's LOTS of good riding in central CT. Check out bikerag.com for listings and trail maps.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    thanks, for the replies. ill have to do some exploring in a few weeks when im in the area

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I'll 2nd the Nepaug vote. If you go 20 minutes south of Hartford Miller's pond is good for tech and I like Hurd park for a little smoother ride.

mtbr member
    That's a great area for Mountain Biking. I moved to the SF bay area 4 1/2 years ago and miss the eastern hardwood forests and granite rock gardens. CA has some epic riding but I sure do miss the rocks. I do not miss winter however.
    I like to ride bikes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    There is beaucoup riding in the Hartford area. I highly recommend these sites:

Mountain biking in CT - Trail Reivews with maps and pics
    Mountain Bike Trails, GPS Data, Maps, Photos, Reviews & Events :: New England Mountain Biking Community

Also, talk to the guys at Pedal Power - they have shops in Middletown and Vernon, and can direct you to trails all over the place. (the only way I'm connected to the shop is as a happy customer)

Someone mentioned Case Mountain in Manchester - way overridden, IMO. I used to ride there years ago (late 80s/mid 90s). I was there recently, and the trails are pretty rough (at least compared to what they used to be). Not for newbs/sissies. You get pretty remote pretty quick, and it's easy to get lost/way off piste...

CB2
    Jam Econo
    If you're in Bloomfield, Penwood.