Trail Tire TV on blogger

Trail building school...

latest info on the April trail building class...
    Trail building school...-295003_10151391930199464_1684556803_n.jpg
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

banned
    Jan 2013
    Do they need any more instructors? I have lots of experience building trails. I am partly responsible for mogul 3 at rp and my future work at CP. Please pass along my info. TY

Delirious Tuck
    RP? CP?

Have you been through any of the IMBA and NEMBA schools in the past?

banned
    Jan 2013
    I have masters degree in hammering. Thats all I need. I see a forest...I see a trail and act upon that vision. Im what you call a rogue trail builder. Ok so maybe I didnt "alter" those trails. I have thought about adding miles to both. I'm always willing to learn. ROCK ON FRIAR!!!!!!

Delirious Tuck
    Always learning is key, I always try to find better builders and get their advice, and work with others I don't always work with to get their insight and learn new tricks.

Sorry... been dealing with people "altering" legit lines and features this year and it really has a bug in my ear. i.e. built something shiny, new, and challenging with stakeholder engagement/approval and then have it dumbed down a couple days later and then fix it and then dumbed down... on and on. Sucks that people alter stuff they never built or would have never thought to build and then have to fight that mentality.

banned
    Jan 2013
    Nothing worse than messing with someones hard work. I wish some would have more of an imagination sometime and come up with really cool features instead of the same old moguls or pile of dead sticks. The local builders around here lack vision.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The OLE Bagger View Post
    Nothing worse than messing with someones hard work. I wish some would have more of an imagination sometime and come up with really cool features instead of the same old moguls or pile of dead sticks. The local builders around here lack vision.
    Just out of curiosity, which trail systems are you referring to?

banned
    Jan 2013
    Most. I do alot of riding all over the country. What you would call a real hammerhead. Racing, recreational, exploratory. This has been my experience. I live on the BIG SAND BAR so around here it's even worse. The trails are boring, loaded with spider trails mmmmaaaannnn and really lack direction or imagination. The "locals" think they are good at it but sadly.....the opposite is true. I would welcome a new new group to take the lead around here.

Delirious Tuck
    Blue Mt, Sprain, Wilton Woods, Mianus River Park, Huntington State Park, Bennetts Pond, Trumbull, Tyler Mill, Miller's Pond, Rockland, and a hand full of others I'm forgetting are all worth some exploration and integrate natural features, flow, and challenges extremely well.

Have you ridden Raystown in PA? I think thats the best example of well built mt bike trail on the east coast for Hammerheads, for techy chewy goodness Wilton Woods or Millers Pond in CT are very hard to beat.

Don't know about LI but in CT we have techy tech trails and some of the feature and boulder/rock/log/skinny integration is best I've seen (off of the North Shore in Vancouver, Fromme is great I'd recommend it if you can get there!!!). But I'm a DH/cross-stuntery kinda guy so my idea of a good trail is probably very different than someone from the XC/hammerhead set.

banned
    Jan 2013
    Blue MT is awesome. Thanks for the info. Very helpful. I will look into these. Happy riding!!!!

banned
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    latest info on the April trail building class...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	295003_10151391930199464_1684556803_n.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	766991

Thank you very much to the Thomllamas from the bringing up of the topics of trail buildings. This is a topic that makes me very excite! How could we gets the NEMBA to come to LONG ISLANDS?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    How much does this trail building class cost?
    Firm believer in Karma

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderingdave View Post
    How much does this trail building class cost?
    It's free! You just need to register.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    it's today... if you signed up and you're not heading there already you're going to be late
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/