• 11-02-2012
    caffeinery
    Sandy Superstorm Damage - Post Trail reports here
    Superstorm Sandy Damage

Mianus, Wilton Woods and Trumbull (the valley) have all been impacted.
    Post Trail reports here - keep the community informed...

THANKS
  • 11-02-2012
    eb5
    how bad is trumbull?
  • 11-02-2012
    Jocko8752
    West Hartford Rez
    West Hartford Rez:

Took a ride yesterday and did the majority of the ridge, but not much on the east side.

Overall, not that bad since Farmington/West Hartford didn't get hit that bad with the storm. We encountered maybe 15 trees down on the trails which required us to climb over or around. We moved small debris off the trail where we could but some trees were too large.

The Rez was actually closed for a few days but it was re-opened on Thursday.
  • 11-02-2012
    Puzman
    Branford Supply Ponds: went trail running there last night. Many large trees down, looks like a long period of clean-up and trail maintenance will be needed...
  • 11-02-2012
    Mt.Biker E
    Grayville got hit pretty hard. Debris every where.
    Bunch of trees down, but most are contained in groups in certain areas. Only about half are cleared as of now. On the bright side 90% of the trails are leaf & debris free as of today.
  • 11-02-2012
    calvinator
    larkin bridal trail in oxford has many trees across the path, multiple get-offs per mile. Most woods trails in the area same thing.
  • 11-03-2012
    caffeinery
    Trumbull is lookin' good. Although there are a few bad spots, the trail gnomes have already been hard at work. All major trails are leaf-blown and most blow downs cut and cleared. The North Bridge and Connector Trail are still messed up. PICS here>
    Superstorm Sandy - Reviewing the Damage

http://vizettes.com/ttc/concerns-pro...dge-damage.jpg
  • 11-04-2012
    Puzman
    Wadsworth Falls in Middletown is in pretty good shape. Rode there for about an hour a few nights ago, only had to dismount 2-3x to get over downed trees.
  • 11-04-2012
    Puzman
    The new Rockland Trails in N. Madison are in great shape- no downed trees on the sections I rode
  • 11-05-2012
    Cycle Snack
    Upper Paugussett is ready to roll! There is one clump of trees blocking the Upper Gussy trail that will need some chainsawing with no chance of a quick ***** path around it. Might do a reroute but it's kind of fall line where that would run so I am not sure I want that for the trail.
  • 11-14-2012
    WTF-IDK
    Day Pond? Cresent lake?
    Any one know how these places are?

Any one can give a tour over at Day Pond? Sunday 11/18.

Thanks.
  • 11-14-2012
    Cycle Snack
    Upper Paugussett is free and clear. Did somewhat of fun reroute around the blowdowns that now has a few rollers in it and a fun descent but ***** of a climb if you are going the other direction on a Singlespeed. If you got a granny, then you'll be fine.
  • 11-14-2012
    Mt.Biker E
    I heard Daypond doesn't have any trees down but it needs a good leaf blowing. Haven't had a chance to get out there in a few weeks.
  • 11-17-2012
    Jisch
    Late to the game here, but Crandalls (Tolland) is completely clear - we had a few huge trees come down. Case is pretty clear, there are a few trees down on some trails, but nothing significant. Nathan Hale is clear, but the Punisher has a few trees on it, I suspect they will be cleared by the end of this weekend. Also it looks like some logging is happening at the bottom of the Punisher - not sure what's going on there.

Anyone know about Middlesex? I'm riding there tomorrow, be nice to know if its clear or not.
  • 11-18-2012
    Jisch
    Rode Middlesex today - someone has done a lot of clean up (thanks to whoever it is!), there are still a few large logs down here and there, but nothing that would make me not want to ride there.
  • 11-19-2012
    calvinator
    anyone ride nepaug and see if any obstacles were hit/crushed?
  • 11-25-2012
    WTF-IDK
    Quote:

Originally Posted by calvinator View Post
    anyone ride nepaug and see if any obstacles were hit/crushed?

I was at Nepaug the day before turkey day. The trails were in good shape.
  • 11-26-2012
    calvinator
    Thank you