mtbr member
    May 2010

Riding near Stamford?

Hi all, just a friendly m******* who may be heading down to Stamford in a few weeks for the weekend, and am wondering if there is any decent riding nearby (within like a ~30 minute drive)?. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mianus is in Stamford, Trumbull is 30 min or a bit more for all out. Also some small parks in Wilton, maybe hit both.
    "Hillbilly in a corporate world"

mtbr member
    Tons, depending what you want/ how far you are willing to drive.

Mianus is in town. Decent, 7ish miles of trail riding. Lots of fun smaller stuff, nothing gnarly. Check out the cave area and the new Nemba trail if you go.

Wilton Woods is 25 minutes. Great stuntry. Littered with drops, log rides, extremely tech rock lines is a small area. Great play place and a good option to work on skills.

Trumbull is, well, Trumbull. If you freeride on the east coast, you know trumbull. Maybe the highest features per land area place outside of a proper ski resort. Just watching some of the stuff random riders you will meet in there pull off will make you a better rider.

Blue Mountain is in Peekskill, NY and it's a hour drive, but worth it. 30 miles of trails wrapping around a mountain. Legend has it they were all cut by a mountain biker. Experience it at least once.

Huntington has some great trails too. More to the trail side than freeride, but there are a couple cool obstacles there. About 45 minutes.

Aspectuck is 30 minutes, with great pure xc and lung busting climbs.

I've heard good things about Graham Hills in NY, but never been there myself.

Mountain Creek is 1:15 for lift served DH, and a great way to spend a day.

Enjoy.
    I call for a mandate to allow only road bikes on trails to limit our speeds and increase our line picking skills-FB