mtbr member

Riding in Meshomasic State Forest (Portland)

Looking to ride with some people at Meshomasic. I've been riding there all summer and have a pretty good feel for the area. I can neither confirm nor deny the existance of Freeriding trails - as an example. (If those were to exist, that would mean someone put a lot of time in on them so the location would be well guarded)

I am NOT a Freerider. Long ago and far away I built and raced and helped run clubs, but now... I let the dog take me where she wants. I ride an old hard-tail I swapped for. I still have skills but not speed. I'm looking for riders who want to have fun. I can still teach but Hammer rides and Uber Hill-Climbs are out of the question. No matter how powerful my 230 lbs are... they still have to be hualed uphill on the basic bike I ride.

That said, I'm bumping into more and more "mortals" who like to ride and Meshomasic has some good riding

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I have a bunch of paid time off to use in the next few months, so I took every Friday off for the next 8 weeks and will be checking out a lot of different trails in CT. I live near West Hartford Rez and really haven't branched out as much as I should have. So now my goal is to check out some new places, and Meshomasic is actually on my list. I'm also not a crazy rider - I just love to ride, enjoy the outdoors and get some solid exercise. If you're free on any Fridays coming up, I would love to hit the trails with you since I have zero knowledge of the trail network in there.

mtbr member
    I can certainly join you for a ride at the Mesh on a Friday. Being that I am currently "underemployed"... getting bike upgardes is a hassle but time off is not. Next few Fridays are doable indeed. Pick a time/day and I'll post the general meeting place :-)

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hi Ricky, Sounds great man, I'll send you a PM right now to set it up.