bike dork

RI NEMBA Lincoln Woods Turkey Slayer Fun Ride 11/27 (snow date 12/4).

Hey all,

We're going to host this year's RI NEMBA Fun Ride to benefit the RI Food Bank on Sunday, November 27th (rain date 12/4). This will be an arrowed 10 + mile ride featuring most of the myriad of trails in Lincoln Woods. As always there will be some longer climbs that pay off with some fun descents and plenty of technical rock features to go around. We're including many of the more technical trails this year.

Also, please note that there will be a "climb and descend" led ride that will hit some of the gravity oriented lines that are NOT going to be a part of the arrowed loop as well (time/details to follow).

The cost of admission is some canned goods/non perishable foods. If you can't make the ride feel free to swing by the shop with some food! We'll be collecting all month to add to the pile at the ride itself.

Registration opens at 9:00 and runs until 11:00. Arrows will start to come down ~ 3:00. Directions are simple, find Lincoln Woods State Park on the map of your choice (digital or otherwise) and enter via the Twin River Road entrance. Take a right and follow the signs to the double parking lot on your left. Easy.

Post ride hang out and enjoy Stacy's mostly world famous chili, beverages and snacky cakes. Mike may even make corn muffins infused with bacon - yeah, bacon. Who could ask for more?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RI NEMBA Lincoln Woods Turkey Slayer Fun Ride 11/27 (snow date 12/4).-blackstone-fun-ride-2012-2.jpg  

Last edited by mtbdee; 11-11-2011 at 10:48 AM.
    Full disclosure; I sell and repair bikes for a living: http://blackstonebicycles.blogspot.com/

mtbr member

Brown Pow

Bumping this thread here.
    Hope folks can make it over to Lincoln Woods for this ride, a lot of work has gone into the woods lately and the trails are at their best right now after a fresh leaf-blowing. The soil is super tacky and FAST! If you have not been to LW in a while you will be surprised. We are including a few new trails this year that are on the gravity oriented side, but will have expert features marked so you can ride around without interrupting flow if you so desire.

For those of you that want to push a little harder there will be an advanced ride that leaves the lot around 10:30 and will hit up a few of the more techy descents than are on the arrowed loop.
    Here are a few shots from yesterday of mtbdee and Dr. Daniel sending it to wet your appetite.

Come shred the Rhody Brown Pow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RI NEMBA Lincoln Woods Turkey Slayer Fun Ride 11/27 (snow date 12/4).-mikes-trail-2.jpg  

RI NEMBA Lincoln Woods Turkey Slayer Fun Ride 11/27 (snow date 12/4).-seven-footer-dee.jpg  

RI NEMBA Lincoln Woods Turkey Slayer Fun Ride 11/27 (snow date 12/4).-mikes-trail-3.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images    

The Lincoln Woods Crew
    Awesome pics elsinore Looks like it's going to be a good day. I will be the guy on the Slate Gray Santa Cruz Blur 4X.
    "I push bike up and ride it down"

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Lincoln Woods

I like Lincoln Woods for a little local riding. I need to get back there before the snow comes -

-CF

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    How is it for beginners at Lincoln Woods? Its a little bit of a ride for me to go and land on my head when Big River is 15 minutes from my house

bike dork
    crash926 - LW is not bad for beginners at all but I would suggest jumping into one of the NEMBA group rides this season. They start after DST kicks into effect in March, we meet at 6:00 and ride from the route 123 entrance (covered bridge entrance off Breakneck Hill road). There is a lot of climbing at Lincoln to go with the descending and the riding in the park can certainly be technical and more aggressive. That said it's all in how you put a loop together, and there are some new mellower trails being built in the park. Early season is a good time to hit the ride if your fitness is an issue (most of us are slower in the early season) as the rides speed up as the season progresses.
    Full disclosure; I sell and repair bikes for a living: http://blackstonebicycles.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Hey Crash,

I was lucky enough to check out Lincoln wood for the first time this weekend. No reason to sweat because there is a lot of non technical stuff all around the lake. However, if you wanted to test your skills you can. The guys who have carved these trails have done an insane job creating and maintaining them . Hats off to all you Lincoln Woods guys and all the hard work you have put into the trails. I can't wait to go back!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks guys!