mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Powder Ridge, CT

I just saw that they are planning to open in June 2013 for MTB and skiing/boarding in the winter. Nice to see the ole place opening up again. I spent many days and nights there snowboarding. Cool to have a downhill option in CT too!

Powder Ridge Park - CT - Mountain Bike, Ski & Snowboard

Delirious Tuck
    Contact your local NEMBA Chapter to see how you can help get things built.

There's been a ton of activity since Sept/Oct trying to make this happen and it needs all the help it can get.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    That's good news! I remember seeing Rell and some other politician on tv a few years ago announcing plans to reopen Powder Ridge. Spent many weekends during college skiing there, loved the moonlight madness tickets from 10 to 2 or 3 in the morning!

Don't know how fun it will be for mountainbiking though, pretty small place.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by steveeldr View Post
    Don't know how fun it will be for mountainbiking though, pretty small place.
    2013-02-02 powder ridge promo 3 final on Vimeo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Futuretro View Post

Three trails? With a large amount of bikers on them they will get wrecked in no time.

Delirious Tuck
    You willing to dig in the other 5 trails to the insurance Co.'s spec to spread the love?

Gotta start somewhere.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thefriar View Post
    You willing to dig in the other 5 trails to the insurance Co.'s spec to spread the love?

Gotta start somewhere.
    You bet I would !!!!

I do understand everyone needs a starting point, but I have seen new trails get wrecked so quick.

Delirious Tuck
    There's bad new trails and good new trails. CT NEMBA and a bunch of local builders are committed to getting some great trails built that don't go to farm after a few months. I think FC NEMBA and maybe some of the Pioneer Valley NEMBA builders will be around to help too so hopefully there's enough experience in building a sweet trail that can last that its done right.

(I am a board member of FC NEMBA and contrary to popular opinion NEMBA isn't all XC-ers, I lean much further DH than I do XC)

mtbr member
    That would be awesome then !! I can never make it to the tuesday night meetings.

mtbr member
    it would be great to have a local destination to go to, especially under the lights on a friday night, and hit table tops, bridges and berms until you can no longer hold on to the bars!
    "Hillbilly in a corporate world"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by calvinator View Post
    it would be great to have a local destination to go to, especially under the lights on a friday night, and hit table tops, bridges and berms until you can no longer hold on to the bars!
    OH Yeah, a nice evening ride for a few hours !!! That would be the best.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Does anyone know when exactly they will be opening? Also, I would love to know the long term plans as well, like more trails being added for 2014...etc

mtbr member

Re: Powder Ridge, CT

Quote Originally Posted by Djg24 View Post
    Does anyone know when exactly they will be opening? Also, I would love to know the long term plans as well, like more trails being added for 2014...etc
    Their Facebook page will announce it

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Seems like most of the snow from CT is gone and mud season is in full swing. Will there be trail days to earn lift tickets/passes again this season? What is the status of this project? Any word on opening day?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Dont hold your breath heard this project is at a standstill. Owner is unwilling to get help from lbs and others that know what there doing. Heard this from multiple sources may not be a go this year something to do with lifts. Also heard he bought a bunch of walmart bikes for a rental fleet lol. Just open the place charge me 5 bucks and i will pedal to the top. This could be a gold mine if the owner would just listen to people in the industry.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Very disappointing to hear. I had really high hopes for this place. At least there are plenty of great trails to ride in Ct. Would have been really nice to have lift access so close by though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Djg24 View Post
    Very disappointing to hear. I had really high hopes for this place. At least there are plenty of great trails to ride in Ct. Would have been really nice to have lift access so close by though.
    I heard rumors tehy want to be finished by the end of july. Anyone able to confirm this?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    I heard rumors tehy want to be finished by the end of july. Anyone able to confirm this?
    I was finally able to get someone from PR to reply to me about this. They said they hope to have a few trails open in the fall.

Doesn't sound promising.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Sadly, this has consistently been the story with Powder Ridge since they announced plans to reopen. Over-promise, under-deliver. From what I understand, their winter season was a near disaster. The restaurant that was originally slated to be open for the 2013 Holiday Season is still not finished - lift served mountain biking is not likely to happen for a long time, if ever.