mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Plymouth ct area riding?

Gonna be in plymouth for tues/wed next week. Any riding in the area. Ground conditions? Have fatbike.

Thanx

rog

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    90% of the riding areas and links to maps and info if ya click on a trail
    https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...a=0&dg=feature
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    thank you. how bout winding trails in farmington? i've done a norba mtb race there and the location is super convenient as it's right on the way.

guess it's a xc ski area in winter, but it's closed now for the season.

cool to ride there?

rog

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    no clue.. do a search and ask them directly..?
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    will do. i remember it being a nice property with good riding, altho smooth. one of the many norba races better suited for a road bike with 25c's @ 95psi. LOL!

rog

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Got time to come a little bit further west? Bring the fatty and I'll show you one of my playgrounds. Early am is ok.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Got time to come a little bit further west? Bring the fatty and I'll show you one of my playgrounds. Early am is ok.
    how much further? you got good crust down there? fkna the riding up my way was the best we've had all winter this am. a fresh 2 inches of blower pow on top of a crust that a truck wouldn't break through. not icy at all. no studs necessary

never even touched a trail. ride anywhere you want in the woods.

rog

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    It was good. Now it's not. We got a bunch of rain so it's pretty much down to DIRT with crusty patches. It remains to be seen what happens with the Sunday>Tues storm that appears to be incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog View Post
    how much further? you got good crust down there? fkna the riding up my way was the best we've had all winter this am. a fresh 2 inches of blower pow on top of a crust that a truck wouldn't break through. not icy at all. no studs necessary

never even touched a trail. ride anywhere you want in the woods.

rog

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    It was good. Now it's not. We got a bunch of rain so it's pretty much down to DIRT with crusty patches. It remains to be seen what happens with the Sunday>Tues storm that appears to be incoming.
    mmmmm, dirt. even better for the fatbike. yum.

rog

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Boy was I wrong about dirt. Very little actually with a still super supportive and high traction crust in most places. There are some rot spots and air pockets but nothing that would make you want to ride the trail more than random lines through the trees. Gotta get it early in the morning though, we came out at 11:30 and it just about too slick and soft especially near the bottom.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Boy was I wrong about dirt. Very little actually with a still super supportive and high traction crust in most places. There are some rot spots and air pockets but nothing that would make you want to ride the trail more than random lines through the trees. Gotta get it early in the morning though, we came out at 11:30 and it just about too slick and soft especially near the bottom.
    nice. the crust today, all day is now even better than i thought the mind could fathom. it's crazy. 5 degrees tonight, 25 degrees tomorrow. gonna enter the woods from my home and travel where no trails exist. will try to get 3 hours of exploration in. there's a powerline i have my eye on with endless forest on both sides.

folks that ride trails on their fatties when this kind of crust is available may as well sell the fatbike and go back to the 29er. for real

i'll def be bringing the fatty to ct. wed am will be my only time to ride as i'm leaving from south coast maine early am tuesday.

rog