Ride da mOOn Moderator

Idea! Please Recommend a Ride 6/24/12

Hello neighbors,

I will be attending the Moto Trails at Stepping Stone Ranch(SSR) on Sunday 6/24/12 in Rhode Island. Should be leaving the SSR at around 5PM and heading back to Pa, looking for a short(10/15 miles) Mt Bike Ride in RI, CT, NY on the way home.

I have included a map of our route and it would be convenient to find a ride fairly close to the route if at all possible, but can travel a bit off route.

Thanks for your time...
    ...if your ever in NEPA I will return the favor!

PS: I will post pics for your enjoyment!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please Recommend a Ride 6/24/12-ri-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Right next to Stepping Stone ranch is Arcadia State Park, great riding in there, hopefully someone in that neighborhood pipes up because it is definitely better if you can find a guide to show you around. Didn't know they had Moto trails there, used to go horse back riding at Stepping Stone Ranch years ago, nice place.

mtbr member
    Blue Mountain in Peekskill NY isn't too far off your route (just under the A in Danbury on your map) and it has amazing trails. Voted best hometown trails in America a while back, the whole place has amazing flow.
    I call for a mandate to allow only road bikes on trails to limit our speeds and increase our line picking skills-FB

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Thanks for the quick responses! Both sound great, wish I had more time! Arcadia might be the pick since it's right there, it's really up to Topcat he's gotta drive!

mtbr member
    While you're at Arcadia you should ridethere, there's 40+ miles of trails spread around the park

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    There's a couple of spots at Trumbull where you're looking down on 84. You will be driving right past one of the top 3 areas in CT.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    ya, looks like Arcadia is right on top of where you'll be!

if you want something smaller, looks like you used google maps to map a route? ... try loading this map first...
    CT Trails Locations - Google Maps

then input your driving directions again, then see where the line passes a trail marker.

if ya click on the marker there are links out to trail reports, maps, some general descriptions of the trail..
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Guys thanks for your help...

...and your corner of the planet is super! Stepping Stone is really a one of a kind area, hope to get to more of your trails soon!

Please check back Topcat and I were lucky to get lots of pics uploading will continue!

Here's the linky: http://forums.mtbr.com/pennsylvania/...ml#post9442629

Thanks again to all, keep spread'in the good rid'in word...