More than one, of course!

Older neophytes or intermediate riders?

My Dad, who's 67, lives in CT and would like to get into the sport and ride with other beginners/advanced beginners his own age. He says he never sees old riders out riding but he doesn't ride in the woods much so I'm not sure of his sampling. Anyway, is anyone out there in their 60s looking for someone to ride with that could show my Dad around on some trails?
    Thanks,
    FR
    "It's NEVER all downhill" DMR

mtbr member
    Depends on where he is, but each Thursday at Big River in RI (about 15 or so minutes from the Killingly/Danielson/Prescott area) there are relaxed rides with some older riders. The relaxed rides go for about 2 hours and have rest stops and no one gets left behind - there is always a sweeper.

Loser
    The NEMBA RAW posted here and in CTNEMBA is led by an older guy, truly an inspiration - that ride is pretty beginner friendly.
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Definitely tell him to join us on the RAW rides. As Jisch says, it's a beginner friendly, no-drop ride, and we try to hit different areas in central and eastern CT. Just look for the thread here under "CT NEMBA RAW Ride" for upcoming times and locations. We're doing one tomorrow night at River Highlands SP in Cromwell.

By the way, who says 67 is old? I'm nearly his age, I have a number of riding buddies in their 50s and 60s, and one who's in his mid-70s and can kick the butts of a lot of 20 somethings on his mountain or road bike.

Loser
    I didn't say "old" I said "older" :-D

If I'm half as active as you are at your age, I will be satisfied.
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    ya.. location would be a help.. what section of CT?
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/