Thread: New Bike

mtbr member

New Bike

gonna pull the trigger on a badly needed new machine. Right now the Kona 2012 Entourage D is in first, but any opinions out there on the Transition Blindside? Thanks
    "Hillbilly in a corporate world"

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Ever notice that a lot of Kona full suspension bike posts don't tend to be very popular? I ride a 2010 Kona Abra Cadabra and so far really like it, it has nice equipment and a good feel. Kona uses the same hardware as a Specialized or Trek, and for me, they are a "local" company which is cool. Supporting local business is good for our economy.

Sorry I can't really say anything about that particular model, but my Kona is a pretty sweet machine, and if the rest of their equipment is of equal or better quality, you should be happy with a Kona. I know nothing about the Transition... except that it looks really cool!

You will probably be happy with whatever you get, so read some reviews and then pick one.

mtbr member
    guess im gonna be unpopular cause i bought the Kona! Good thing is their freeride bikes are pretty much unbreakable. That transition im sure is waaaay more pedalable, but i like the "no doubt" in my head when I go off something that could be sketchy. I guess im a bit brand loyal too! Cant wait, Cutting Edge in Berlin told me 2-3 weeks.
    "Hillbilly in a corporate world"

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Cool! I'm curious to see how well you like it! I rode a Kona Coiler, maybe a 07 OR 08 model, it was a lot of fun. I think it's essentially in the same class as the Entourage, so it could take some pretty big hits with no worries.

Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I like their coffee!
    conlysm

<insert generic signature comment here>

13' Intense Tracer 275