mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Need some help at Burlingame

So I somehow let a buddy of mine talk me into registering for the Do-It-In-The-Woods off-road tri at Burlingame at the end of this month. (FWIW, I've never done a tri, and I'll be lucky to finish the swim without drowning...)
    Anyways, my buddy and I set out to ride the loop two weeks ago, and ended up taking a couple of wrong turns, as it seems that there are many wyes and secondary singletracks that aren't accounted for on the trail map. So I wanted to go ride B-game again this weekend (Sunday), but my buddy isn't available.

So is anyone who knows B-game available to ride with me on Sunday afternoon and show me the ropes? I'd go by myself, but my wife really prefers for me to not ride unfamiliar trails alone.

TIA!

mtbr member
    I'm going to visit Burlingame for some camping and would also like to get a good ride or two in while visiting. Can anyone recommend a good intermediate(ish) loop? Something around 10ish miles? Ideally I'd like to find a gpx mapped loop if there's any to be found... Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Here's a link to the GPX of the loop my buddy and I took. You can see where we took wrong turns (the unexpected loop around the campgrounds, and a few spurs), which is why I was asking for help riding the loop correctly to prepare for the upcoming tri. Our ride ended up being ~10.8mi., but if you travel the loop properly, I believe it's just over 8. But there are tons of other side trails you can explore if you want to get your mileage up.
    When are you headed down there?

Parking Lot Poser
    Consider posting this question on the nemba forum. NEMBA: New England Mountain Bike Association - Home
    feelin good is good enough

mtbr member
    Thank you. I'm going to be there the weekend of 9/22 if anyone would like to guide and/or just ride...