mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Looking for people to ride with in Lincoln Woods and other places in RI

I am looking for people to ride with in Lincoln woods and other places. I am unfamiliar with the trails in RI and I do not have friends that mountain bike. Looking to make some new mountain biking friends.

I am a 22 year old college student and my primary bike is a Maverick Durance.
    Last edited by lovetranquillity; 09-29-2011 at 08:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    No one willing to be a riding buddy? My schedule is pretty open any time Friday to Monday.

mtbr member

Lincoln Woods

I live just outside the park and ride in there all the time.
    Shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to give you a tour.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Arcadia Fun Ride 10/2/11

There's a fun ride in Arcadia this Sunday: RI NEMBA

Usually has a very good turn out, great trails and you'll meet a lot of people.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    There's a fun ride in Arcadia this Sunday: RI NEMBA

Usually has a very good turn out, great trails and you'll meet a lot of people.
    I am planning on going on the fun ride, I saw the post on rinemba. Do you know how much it is to join?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovetranquillity View Post
    I am planning on going on the fun ride, I saw the post on rinemba. Do you know how much it is to join?
    its $50, but the ride is free if you join sunday. if you don't join, the ride is $10. seek out me and wayne (the cooking guys) - we both ride all over. he's better with Big River and I know Arcadia inside and out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Think membership is $35 plus another $5 for the ride or $10 for non members:

Join NEMBA at NEMBA's Online Shop

Arcadia Fun Ride date moved ahead a week to Oct 2nd (so as to not conflict with Foxboro ride Sept 25).

Browning Mill Pond parking lot. 9-11 registration. Marked loops beginner through advanced. Burgers & Dogs for lunch. $5 for members, $10 for non members. Renew or join that day and ride for free !

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Going to Arcadia fun ride, hoping to meet some new people tomorrow and learn some new trails. My name is Jon, I will be on a blue Maverick Durance. Hope to make some new mtb friends.

mtbr member
    i just got back from lincoln this morning, awesome ride out there, i try doing rides 2-4 times a week, schoolwork permitting, usually swansea, lincoln, and big river in west greenwich

let me know about where ur located, whether you have lights, and we can try to figure out a time to go riding (i say lights, because the days just keep getting shorter and it seems the weekly rides go into the night), im in bristol, so message me and maybe we can do one either tues at lincoln/ swansea or thurs if you dont mind heading out to big river

pretty sure we need to get some orange gear if were riding anywhere outside of lincoln this time of year, hunting season opens this week
    Protection Hurts Performance

mtbr member
    hey elsinore, ill give you +1 rep if you saw up that tree down on the flowy singletrack heading east, in the northside of lincoln, theres a mother of a tree probably 30+ inches in diameter over there, probably take a few goes at it to get anything done, but i dont have a chainsaw so.... its right at the bottom of a downhill and after a jump 2, someones gonna get hurt if they're not paying attention
    Protection Hurts Performance

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ts818 View Post
    hey elsinore, ill give you +1 rep if you saw up that tree down on the flowy singletrack heading east, in the northside of lincoln, theres a mother of a tree probably 30+ inches in diameter over there, probably take a few goes at it to get anything done, but i dont have a chainsaw so.... its right at the bottom of a downhill and after a jump 2, someones gonna get hurt if they're not paying attention
    I don't get +1 for building that trail in the first place?

Yeah, that's a mess. I'm actually not sure that my 17" chainsaw could even take that thing out, safely at least. We are trying to get permission to build a bridge over that thing. Either that or have the park guys help us cut it out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Went to lincoln woods today by myself, to do a couple of loops. At a spot i recently discovered, i met a guy who builds some of the trails at lincoln woods, and he showed me around some great trails. Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to help a newbie out, it greatly improved my confidence on those small drops and steep descents. I'll get over my fear of leaving the ground sooner than i thought!

mtbr member
    Blackstone Bicycles

Weekly ride starting back up soon. Not to mention a great shop.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    going to lincoln woods today, i'll be on the eastern end of the park

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Rode in the snow at lincoln woods on friday. Did a lot better than expected. Mostly followed someone's tracks. Looked like they had a tread kind of like small block's. They are also pretty crazy- looking. Despite being by myself, had a great time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    brought my wife and my friend to lincoln woods today, juggled 3 bikes and a baby between us! I didn't do too much riding myself except to show a few lines to my friend. Mostly held my son so my wife could get some riding time in, and so my friend could get used to the place. tomorrow, me and my friend are going (babysitter arranged!) and i can't wait!

mtbr member
    I am new to the sport and should be picking up an 09 specialized Hardrock that is stock and in flawless condition. I would be interested in meeting up for rides sometime when I pick up my bike. I am interested in checking out Lincoln Woods and especially Big River. I've heard very good things about Big River.

I've ridden Douglas SF a couple summers ago but I was using a very old Royce Union lol. Hope I notice a difference when on my Specialized!

mtbr member
    Every Thursday at 6PM there is a group ride that meets at Old Sawmill Road (Route 3 and 95 intersection). There are usually 3 groups - relaxed, intermediate and physco.

I'm in BR or Arcadia virtually every Saturday or Sunday with a buddy, so shoot me a note with your email and I'll get you added to the distribution email list for notification.