mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Looking for downhill enduro type runs in ct????

Training for enduro looking for a place to ride that has sustained downhill sections. I usually ride in trumbull but descents are short. Any place that has some jumps and technical downhill descents pm me I know you can't talk about jumps on here thanks.

mtbr member
    This may or may not help, but I was impressed with the DH trails in Lincoln Park, RI. Diamond Hill in RI also has a couple of DH trails.

mtbr member
    push up to the top of the forests in say Naugatuck, quinlan reservoir property in Ansonia, or in Oxford off rt 188 trails that pedal up hill, probably 2 mile DH run to the river/rt 34. Also off course Mohawk mtn, powder ridge, etc..
    "Hillbilly in a corporate world"

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    never heard of trails in oxford, naugy or ansonia. Any word on the powder ridge deal opening this summer???

mtbr member
    Ive heard no new news about Powder ridge, just that at some point it will be open for downhill biking. If you look into the trail reviews for this site or some other local sites(still up?) you will see naug st forest. From the top down to Oxford reservoirs is miles of all rocky downhill. If you want jumps/stunts along the way, try Nepaug.

mtbr member
    Looking for downhill enduro type runs in ct????-naug-forest.jpg
    Yeah, stay home, its no fun!!

mtbr member

Looking for downhill enduro type runs in ct????

I know a ski patrol and a contractor at Powder Ridge and the town and state are giving them lots of headaches. I'd imagine they're going to give biking all they've got since skiing was a bust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    From what I heard it's not the state it's the owner. Heard he is cheap and not listening to guys who actually mountain bike to help out. Heard he bought a fleet of walmart bikes for rentals?????? I say just open the place charge a reasonable rate hell don't even open lift make a fire road to climb. The place has potential to be a gold mine but not sure if he knows what he is doing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    where is entrance for oxford reservoirs?

mtbr member
    you can access the reservoirs on chestnut tree hill rd oxford, big uphill all the way to top of white trail though.or Hunters mtn rd in Naugatuck brings you to a fire road entrance that you can pedal down and try to find your way up to white trail. i've gotta admit nothing is any kind of well marked in there though. Good slick rock type riding on other side of Spruce brook road there too.

mtbr member
    Hey did a good DH/enduro real New England tech run Thursday, at Southford Falls state park. Start on trail right of pond, good uphill rock gardens, excellent workout up to tower. There is a huge wall there similar to Trumbull, but there is a big tree that would need to go to make it rideable. From the tower, pretty much all downhill to the right, you will come out by the small boardwalk at the river, then end up at the covered bridge. Great rocky tech DH from tower to the boardwalk.