mtbr member
    Aug 2011

I Experienced Magic Today

I decided to go for a short ride at Cowles Park in Granby, CT today. I don't have a lot of experience here and don't know all the trails. Anyway long story short, we are in Fall and the leaves are falling. In this case though the leaves revealed a trail I have never noticed before, I figured yes this looks fun and sure enough it was a quick (but not flowing) tight ST trail that looped off the main trail and back on further down. It was the perfect way to end the day.

Anyway else experience this?
    conlysm

<insert generic signature comment here>

13' Intense Tracer 275

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    The trails at Cowles in East Granby are fun. There's more to them if you branch off the park loop on the far west side, then cross the bridge over the stream, up the hill, cross the power lines and up again to the ridgeline. You can head north south from there and get a alot more riding in - more challenging technical stuff too. If you follow the blue trail up the rock outcrop look out, you'll get a decent view towards the west towards Granby.

And, yes, sometimes the leaves actually help define the trails instead of just hide them. It all depends on the wind and if others are out there riding them too. But don't get all religous, new agey and sappy on us, there's no magic to it .

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I have actually done that route from the river in tarrifville to suffield, some good, some not so good but a lot of climbing either way, it was actually that route that made me realize I am not ready for that level of riding yet, well at least my lungs aren't.
    conlysm

<insert generic signature comment here>

13' Intense Tracer 275