mtbr member

Good trails in RI for a 'cross bike?

So I've been living in RI (Newport) for quite a while now, but haven't really done any riding out here. I usually do all my riding in MA since there are some great trails pretty close by.

I just got a cyclocross bike a few weeks ago, and I've been loving it on the road, but am looking for some trails to take it on. Nothing too rocky or technical like the stuff I ride in MA.

Does anyone know of any relatively smooth trails in RI that would be good for a 'cross bike?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    A lot of trails in Big River Management Area in West Greenwich are a blast on a CX bike. Lot's of flowy, buff single track, doubletrack and fireroads that are CX-able. Connect Big River with the fire roads in Arcadia and Pachaug (CT) and you can have yourself a 100+ mile all day adventure on 80% dirt. Awesome maps of all 3 areas can be found here... Great Swamp Press¬*|¬*Archive¬*|¬*Hiking Guide . The Arcadia and Pachaug maps are spot on. The Big River map is missing some of the singletrack but the primary trails are all there.
    Last edited by JSumner13; 05-11-2013 at 10:24 AM.

mtbr member
    Thanks, that sounds perfect! I've been wanting to check those areas out on my mtb for a while, but haven't gotten out there yet. The maps will be a big help, as I'll probably end up going out alone.

Do you ride there often?