Delirious Tuck

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! FC NEMBA/REI Huntington State Park Trail Day 10/15 (work and ride)

Hey folks!

FC NEMBA will be hosting a trail building day with REI at Huntington State Park on Oct 15th. We'll be working on building a new section of trail that will help us avoid an erosion and mud prone area, it'll be a "flow" section of trail, so fun for beginners and advanced riders.

We'll be meeting at 8:45am at the Statues lot on Sunset Hill Rd in Redding, CT. Work will go until noon. FC NEMBA will be providing trained trail crew leaders, coffee, breakfast snacks, water, and pizza for lunch.

We ask that volunteers register at REI (cool volunteer technical t shirts):

FC NEMBA Trail project and ride - Norwalk REI

All you need to bring are gloves and sturdy shoes for working in the woods. Post up if you have questions

After lunch anyone interested is welcome to join a group ride to tour Huntington, and more importantly, ride what we'll have built.
    Last edited by thefriar; 09-27-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Delirious Tuck
    Get your registration on folks! Should be perfect weather for a bit of trail work and a ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I was sorry not be able to get out and help with the new section of trail since I had to work. The new section makes for a nice change and good solution to a nice piece of trail, the little techy rock wall and roller are good change of pace. I will certainly leave that new drop to people more qualified than me.

Just wondering if their is a plan to remove the pretty big blow down still blocking Rock and Roll? Do we just need to get a group of people together to get that thing removed or might their be plan to re-route the trail to avoid it, that little side cut really ruins the flow of that trail? Anyone know?

Delirious Tuck
    We're trying to get the State to take it out, however if we can get a decent sized group (4-6 people) we could get in there and take it out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I could very easily get a few guys to help out to get that trail back to normal. Sundays work best since I work Saturdays and then we can just do ride right after.
    Do you or someone you knw have access and or permission to use a chain saw there? That thing could be gone in under an hour with some guys all on the same page and a good saw, I have a saw if needed.

Delirious Tuck
    Let me touch base with our local trail gnomes there, they have full permission for saws but were trying to coordinate. I'll let you know what I find out.

NEMBA does have permission to operate saws in the park, so if the state doesn't have it out, I'll look to get a crew in there Nov 6th to take care of it. Will update later