mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Cycling advise needed for CT & NY trip

I'm taking a road trip to Lime Rock Park Labor Day weekend and Watkins Glen the following weekend to compete in Vintage Sports Car races. I'll have a couple of days in each area to kill and plan to bring a bicycle to tour the areas. I have a road bike and a mountain bike. Which would you recommend I bring, and how would you spend 2 extra days in NW CT and 1 extra day in upstate NY? In advance, thanks for the feedback.

mtbr member
    I would guess the road bike. There are not many MARKED trails in that area, Mohawk mtn is nearby, but mostly fire roads. Actually an excellent road bike area around Lime Rock for scenery. If you asked me how i would spend, Probably go rent a boat at either lake wono or east twin lake and fish a bit! Pedalling around the lake or lakes could also be fun. Good luck!
    "Hillbilly in a corporate world"

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    There's ana area called Nassahegon in Burlington. It's huge and some of the trails are really good. You could easily spend two days there. I'm not sure how far it is from Lime Rock but it would be worth the trip. Also Waldo State Park in Southbury and Huntington State Park in Redding. You could also go to Pittsfield State Forest is Massachusetts. Great trails but a lot of climbing. There's also an area in Lenaox, Mass, behind the Arcadian Shop on Rt 7.
    I am not repeating myself I am not repeating myself!