Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CT in RI

Trail Tire TV on blogger

CT in RI

moving this from the video section, as ,..well... it's not about the video

sooo thinking of a ride at Big Creek, or big river, or what ever it's called just over the border in RI, after a ride today with some peeps they were all interested but it may have to get moved from Saturday to sunday as a couple of them have plans for Sat... any issue?
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    there is some great stuff in Big River if you know where to go...

sweet "winter" - YouTube

some sections i like...
    LarrySereDuck

mtbr member
    Ok.

Sunday, 4/15, at the Burnt Sawmill parking lot just off exit 6 on 95 in RI.

Burnt Sawmill Parking Lot

The time is still a little up in the air. I'd prefer as early as 10:30am, but if there are people who can't make it 'till 11, 11:30, whatever, we'll try to set it at the most opportune time for everyone.

mtbr member
    Wish I could join since it will be my bday but I don't have my bike yet. Should have it in a other week or two.

mtbr member
    As of right now the time will be 10:30am. If no one pipes in with a need to change it before Thursday AM, it's gonna be set at 10:30am.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    sounds good, still waiting on the others to hit up the better halves
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I'm in! Thanks Rev.. See you at 10:30 with Tom and maybe a few others.

Steve

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by steveeldr View Post
    I'm in! Thanks Rev.. See you at 10:30 with Tom and maybe a few others.

Steve
    ya, think we'll use your house as the gathering point, kinda centered,.. sorta..

mtbr member
    Have you guys been riding a lot this winter?

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Maynard View Post
    Have you guys been riding a lot this winter?
    not as much as I should/could have. weather has been sweet through out the winter but I've been lazy. riding a lot the last few weeks again.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Ugg, just watched the weather,... Rain for Sunday. Little far out at this point but..
    what's the forecast for that area?

Keep a eye out guys, rain will cancel (at least for me anyway )

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    Ugg, just watched the weather,... Rain for Sunday. Little far out at this point but..
    what's the forecast for that area?

Keep a eye out guys, rain will cancel (at least for me anyway )
    Sunday is calling for 20% chance of rain on weather.com. I see on the map that it shows rain in CT, but RI is clear right now. Yes, rain would likely cancel.

Just to make sure there's no surprises, we usually ride for about 3 hours, 12-15 miles. So, if we start at 10:30, expect to be back at the cars by 1:30. We can plan the route for an early escape if necessary, but it helps if we know we need to do that ahead of time. The ride will be no drop, but depending on how many people, their skill levels, and riding styles we could possibly break into groups.

mtbr member
    Weather now showing 30% chance of rain.

Report back here as soon as you know you're cancelling due to weather. Keep in mind that it might be raining in CT and not RI, so check the radar.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Weather now showing 30% chance of rain.

Report back here as soon as you know you're cancelling due to weather. Keep in mind that it might be raining in CT and not RI, so check the radar.
    ya, getting a 80+% here now but they are saying in the afternoon to evening so we may still be good... only thing to do really is wait, wake up Sunday and see what's happening.

what are the drying features like there? saying rain for Sat night also ... does the place dry or become a mud fest?

mtbr member
    ya, getting a 80+% here now but they are saying in the afternoon to evening so we may still be good... only thing to do really is wait, wake up Sunday and see what's happening.

what are the drying features like there? saying rain for Sat night also ... does the place dry or become a mud fest?
    I wouldn't expect any problems unless there's a deluge. It's been a very dry spring so many of the low lying places that are normally mud holes are dry right now. Some of those areas may get muddy, but the vast majority of the trails there do not ever get muddy, that I've seen.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I have been riding Rev. but most my rides are about 1.5 to 2 hours, can probably go whole distance depending on pace and terrain but one of the guys planning to go will probably need a bail out. Might want to plan on it.

thanks,
    Steve

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    I have been riding Rev. but most my rides are about 1.5 to 2 hours, can probably go whole distance depending on pace and terrain but one of the guys planning to go will probably need a bail out. Might want to plan on it.

thanks,
    Steve
    so Mike's coming? ya, with all my lung damage might want to have a shorter run, or at least extra few stops... but looking at the maps and GPS info I've seen looks like there are a lot of intersecting trails?

is there a good/real trail map? printable type?

at this point there are 4 of us CT'ers going I believe, Steve, Mike, Cory and myself.. got an idea of the RI'ers count?

mtbr member
    Here's a link to a map...
    Big River - West Side

I'm thinking we'll go south, out to the trail that I posted the video of (Coaster) and then head back towards the lot. That's probably about 6 miles. Then we'll head out again, probably to the east, for another 6 mile loop. Ok?

I think there'll be me and 2 other guys. I had a third but he has to go to lemas (sic?) class!

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Here's a link to a map...
    Big River - West Side
    holy crap'ole that's one confusing map!!! LOLOLOLOL

I'm thinking we'll go south, out to the trail that I posted the video of (Coaster) and then head back towards the lot. That's probably about 6 miles. Then we'll head out again, probably to the east, for another 6 mile loop. Ok?

I think there'll be me and 2 other guys. I had a third but he has to go to lemas (sic?) class!
    sure, ya... sounds good (I gotz NO clue )

mtbr member
    holy crap'ole that's one confusing map!!! LOLOLOLOL

sure, ya... sounds good (I gotz NO clue )
    Well, if you start in the upper left corner, at the P and go south on Burnt Sawmill Road, then take a right (west) onto Pine Trail, then Lower Pine Trail, that brings you back to Bunt Sawmill. Across Burnt Sawmill to Coaster, which will bring you out to Sweet Pond. Then Things That Go Bump in the Night, back northwest to Burnt Sawmill around where we turned off to take Pine Trail.

That's probably still confusing, but it doesn't matter. You'll just have to trust me.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Well, if you start in the upper left corner, at the P and go south on Burnt Sawmill Road, then take a right (west) onto Pine Trail, then Lower Pine Trail, that brings you back to Bunt Sawmill. Across Burnt Sawmill to Coaster, which will bring you out to Sweet Pond. Then Things That Go Bump in the Night, back northwest to Burnt Sawmill around where we turned off to take Pine Trail.

That's probably still confusing, but it doesn't matter. You'll just have to trust me.
    LOLOLOL anyway.. what's the weather looking like,... saying rain over night and into the morning here...

what's the zip code for that area, punch it into the weather/radar?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    The closest forecast I could get was for east greenwich, big river is in greenwich. It is going to be 75 degrees and sunny! Bring t-shirt and lots of water. Yes Mike is going. meet up here around 9 a.m., gives us time to load bikes and stuff.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    The closest forecast I could get was for east greenwich, big river is in greenwich. It is going to be 75 degrees and sunny! Bring t-shirt and lots of water. Yes Mike is going. meet up here around 9 a.m., gives us time to load bikes and stuff.
    I was thinking 8-8:30 at your house, you know we are going to coffee up and waste time BS-ing as we pack up

mtbr member
    Weather is starting to look awesome. I'm riding even if there are some passing showers. It'll be plenty warm out and mud really isn't a concern right now.

Zip is 02817

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    rain? looks like it's just now ending there.. rained here last night sooo... think we're still good right?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast