mtbr member
    Feb 2005

CT NEMBA Weeknight RAW Ride

Next Ride-After-Work (RAW) ride is Tuesday 6/5 at 5:30. We'll hit some of my backyard trails in East Glastonbury. Some fun singletrack, less used than Case. Go to Google Maps and enter "2 Diamond Lake Rd., Glastonbury, CT" for directions. Park along the dirt road opposite the fire road gate. Call me (Al Tinti) at 860-368-9109 if you're lost or running late.

These Ride-After-Work (RAW) rides are intended for ambitious beginner riders who want to work on their skills, and intermediate riders looking for a recovery ride or who prefer an easier pace. You should have a real mountain bike (not hybrid) in good mechanical condition with knobby tires, and should be capable of riding for 1.5 hours on rolling terrain. Depending on turnout and ride leaders available, we may be able to split into groups to accomodate all skill levels, but no one will be left behind. Helmets and liability waiver are required for all NEMBA rides. NEMBA membership is not required to participate. Rain or excessively wet ground will cancel; check here for updates. Beer after the ride is optional.
    Last edited by bde1024; 06-06-2012 at 04:06 AM. Reason: change title

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Just seeing this post now. I will be keeping an eye out for the next raw near me. Are these public trails that you're at tonight?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees2519 View Post
    Just seeing this post now. I will be keeping an eye out for the next raw near me. Are these public trails that you're at tonight?
    We had 5 riders last night. Trails were mostly within the Meshamosic State Forest, but would be hard to follow on your own. Next week's RAW ride is tentatively scheduled for River Highlands State Park in Cromwell. Stayed tuned for an update.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Staying tuned. I'm trying to get two of my friends to go also. One of them this will be the first time out. I think he will catch on quickly though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees2519 View Post
    Staying tuned. I'm trying to get two of my friends to go also. One of them this will be the first time out. I think he will catch on quickly though.
    Check my separate thread on next weeks ride.