mtbr member
    Feb 2005

CT NEMBA RAW Ride

We're doing the next RAW ride at 5:30 PM on Wednesday 6/13 at River Highlands State Park in Cromwell. CT NEMBA has had a couple of recent work parties in this small park to re-route trails damaged by last year's storms. The park has some fun, sandy, swoopy trails, with great views of the Connecticut River.

These Ride-After-Work (RAW) rides are intended for ambitious beginner riders who want to work on their skills, and intermediate riders looking for a recovery ride or who prefer an easier pace. You should have a real mountain bike (not hybrid) in good mechanical condition with knobby tires, and should be capable of riding for 1.5 hours on rolling terrain. Depending on turnout and ride leaders available, we may be able to split into groups to accomodate all skill levels, but no one will be left behind. Helmets and liability waiver are required for all NEMBA rides. NEMBA membership is not required to participate. Rain or excessively wet ground will cancel; check here for updates. Beer after the ride is optional.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I'm in. Bringing a friend or two also.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees2519 View Post
    I'm in. Bringing a friend or two also.
    Great, look forward to meeting you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    You can go here for directions to the park: DEP: River Highlands State Park

mtbr member
    I might be a tad late, but I hope to be there!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Keeping an eye on the weather for tomorrow. It looks like it may rain.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I'm pulling the plug on tomorrow's ride. We're supposed to get heavy rains tonight through tomorrow morning, so conditions will be very wet. On top of that, I'm on a course of antibiotics for symptoms of Lyme or some other tick borne disease, so I wouldn't be able to lead anyway.

I'll try to do a RAW ride next week if I'm feeling better.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Our next RAW ride will be at the West Hartford Reservoir on Farmington Ave. in West Hartford at 5:30 PM. Park in the upper section of the public lot.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    What day? I may be able to make it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bro View Post
    What day? I may be able to make it.
    That would be useful information! It's Tuesday 6/19.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Im going to try to make it tonight with a couple friends. We probably wont be there until around 6 though, so I'm not sure that we will meet up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Next RAW ride will be at Gay City State Park on Tuesday July 3 at 5:30 PM. Park in the dirt lot to the right after passing the guard shack. Bring plenty of water.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    The next RAW ride will be at River Highlands State Park in Cromwell on 7/18 at 5:30. See here for directions: DEP: River Highlands State Park

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Weather forecast looks iffy for tomorrow's ride at River Highlands. Check here for an update before coming over.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Can't seem to catch a break with the weather for these River Highlands rides. The ride this afternoon is cancelled due to severe thunderstorm warnings.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Next RAW ride will be at Case Mountain in Manchester Wednesday 7/25 at 5:30 PM. Start at the Case Pond trailhead, which is on Birch Mt. Rd in Manchester near its junction with Camp Meeting Rd. Look for the dirt lot on the right immediately after turning onto Birch Mt. Rd.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    The next RAW ride will be Tuesday July 31 at 5:30 at Case Mountain Line St. trailhead. Line St. starts on Rt 83 at the Manchester/Glastonbury town line. Parking is about 1/2 mile from Rt 83 in a dirt lot to the left.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    They say the third time is the charm, so we're going to try again to ride River Highlands State Park in Cromwell, and hope that the weather is better this time. Ride will be on Wednesday 8/8 at 5:30 PM. Go here for directions: DEP: River Highlands State Park.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    The next RAW ride will be Wednesday 8/15 at 5:30 at Case Mt., weather permitting. Start is at the Case Pond trailhead on Birch Mt. Rd. in Manchester.

From now on, we'll be posting the RAW rides on the CT NEMBA Facebook page only, so join that group if you've been following the rides here.