Loser

Case trail closure - please do not re-open the trail!

copied from CTNEMBA Facebook:

A popular trail near the Case Mt overlook has had trees and brush dropped on it. It's the unblazed trail that runs north of the overlook down the ridgeline between the white blazed carriage road to Spring St and the blue blazed Shenipsit trail. I learned that this was part of an official trail closure by the Manchester Conservation Commission, in an effort to stop proliferation of new unblazed trails in the Case Preserve. The chairman of the commission wanted to make it clear that they are not anti-mountain bike, but were concerned about unauthorized trail building in the preserve. They are planning to put up signage explaining the closure. We need to respect the decision of the commission by not clearing this trail and not building additional trails within the preserve without permission.
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I agree and I'd say that is more than fair on their part. I'm a new mountain biker but also enjoy hiking, so I understand the conflicts. My wife, son and I, are going to go hike around Case on Saturday, partially because I want to check out the trails for biking. I know that's a popular spot. Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to add CTNEMBA on Facebook.