Thread: Case Mountain!

mtbr member

Case Mountain!

Hey all, a friend of mine turned me onto these trails years ago, but since I live in NYC, I don't have a chance to get back up there as often as I'd like to.

This year will change though and I'm planning on getting back up there as often as possible come spring time. Anyway, I was wondering if there were any other parking/starting options other than the parking lot on Spring Street. As much as I enjoy that initial climb, it can be a real pain without a warm up!

Thanks in advance for any info!

Loser
    There are three main parking lots for Case besides Spring Street (not many people park at Spring Street). You can park at Case Pond lot (off Birch Mountain Road), Line Street (on Line Street) and the radio towers on Birch Mountain Road (Glastonbury side). The first two also start with a climb, but not nearly as severe as the one out of Spring Street. The radio towers are at the top of the hill, its fun to start with a downhill, but it kinda sucks having to climb at the end of your ride. Oh and you can also park at Mountain Road, which is also up fairly high.
    Last edited by Jisch; 02-11-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog

mtbr member
    Awesome, thanks Jisch!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    went up to Case this past Saturday and did about 10mi with a couple friends. Very easy riding, good for some high speed runs, I'm definitely going back soon. It helps that I'm dating a girl who lives 10min down the road.

We finished up here around 2pm, then I headed down to Miller's Pond to make sure I burnt myself out. Case is nice, but for those of us who need some tech to feel fulfilled, I couldn't find very much.