Thread: Burr pond

mtbr member

Burr pond

hadnt ridden in ten years, tried sunday. The trail around the lake, counterclockwise at least, has gotten very technical. I remember making the whole loop with maybe one dab, try and do that now! The trail is very rocky, twisted rooty, narrow, some mud, hemlocks all around, feels like Canada! Give it a try. Lots to play on above dam area. park in boat launch or main lot.
    "Hillbilly in a corporate world"

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I've been doing the loop on my lunch hour, only counterclockwise so far, will do clockwise tomorrow most likely. I really love the stretch along the water parallel to the fire road, tons of fun trying to maneuver through all the rocks and articulated terrain.

CB2
    Jam Econo
    We used to live at the condos up there. If you want a technical challenge try riding the John Muir trail down to Torrington.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    counterclockwise turned out to be a pretty nice changeup. i go first time from boat launch over to fire road and head up that long climb all the way past the power lines and jump in before the houses start again at the top. From there you jump in right after the almost un-ridable technical uphill (that i call a walk a bike) thats along the water. Then from there on it's a sweet bomb run to the parking lot. I go back through the parking lot for a second lap but this time take the technical waterside route now that I'm warmed up and then try and walk it less and less every time at that last section reaching the top of the fire road.

mtbr member
    thats a nice tech section, north shore feeling almost.
    "Hillbilly in a corporate world"