Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

arcadia ri trail conditions ?

6K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  habsfan 
#1 ·
anyone in the know ? :confused:

#6 ·
My riding crew has been riding Big River for the past few days doing 3+ hour rides and say it's starting to get nice and packed down. None of them are on fat bikes. I haven't been able to join them due to resting a lower hamstring pull but according to them it's good to go. They've been parking at the exit 7 pickle park.

#19 ·
Now that SE mass and the Cape are once again under a blanket of snow, we're looking for dirt.

What's Arcadia and Big River looking like?

#20 ·
I got 1-2" of crust snow in my yard and Arcadia is 3 miles from me, so it should be reasonably the same, but it's highly likely the trails are ok, other than the usual wet spots.

I'm doing some trail work tomorrow morning, so if you plan on a Sunday trip, I'll post up early tomorrow afternoon the conditions.

I mostly ride in the Mt. Tom North sections, which is the higher elevations, so those trails are usually fine, other than the lower part of Mt. Tom, which is always wet.

Jeff's, Colleen's, Ridge, Connector, Sand, Horse should all be good enough to ride.

#23 ·
Trails are fine and very minimal snow. I spent about 3 hours in the Mt. Tom North area and did some trail clearing/maintenance as well. The middle of Mt. Tom trail is wet, so it's best to walk that part (about 1/4 mile), otherwise, clear sailing.

Remaining Mt. Tom, Connector, Sand, Down 'N Up, Jeff's, Colleen's, Suicide, Ridge Run, Horse, Pine are in good shape, as is most of the Ledges.

#25 ·
If you've never ridden Arcaida, it can be a little overwhelming due to no real trail marking system other than colored blazes on some trees. For where I ride, the best best is to park at the ranger building on Escoheag Road. Basically follow 165 past the white church and the midway parking and take a right onto Escoheag Road and go about 1 mile or so and you'll see a red builing on the right - it's an old log cabin - you can't miss it. Park there.

https://www.rinemba.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/arcadia-north.jpg

On this map, on the left side, where it says "LEDGES PARKING", you'll be at the top of it, so you can see your starting point.

You're going to ride down the fire road on the left (the right will take you into the Ledges, which is all free ride) and ride down about 500 yards and bear to the right (fork in the road). Go about 100 yards and there will be a break in the stone wall on the right and that is the start of Horse. Follow that straight - you will go through 3 other trail merges and after about 1.5 miles (Horse becomes Pine and you'll see why), you'll end on Mt. Tom Trail. On the map, you'll be at the Yellow/Green that meets Purple. Take a right and follow Mt. Tom to the end merge (like 1 mile), take a left and the next trail merge is Sand on the left, and Jeff's on the right.

If you keep your bearings on where the Mt. Tom trail is, you'll be fine. At worse, follow Mt. Tom to the north end and it dumps onto a fire road, follow the fire road left and keep left, it'll take you to were you started in the wall.

So with this and the map, you'll have a bearing on where you are.

Have fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.