mtbr member

Arcadia or other riding near N. Kingstown

I'll be in North Kingstown with a buddy on Saturday morning, neither of us have ever ridden anywhere near there. I was thinking we'll try Arcadia, but from what I gather, it's huge. Any suggestions for parking and routes to take for a ~2.5 hour ride? Or if there's somewhere better to ride in the area, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

Broken
    Big River is nice. Here's a link to some printable maps. RI NEMBA » Big River / Carr Pond Any idea what time you're going out? I might be able to show you a good loop.

Rez
    mtbr member

Arcadia

Personally, I prefer Arcadia to Big River and if this is your first time here. The trials at Arcadia will be less confusing. The trials in Big River are all intertwined and you may get a little frustrated without the help of a guide. The trials in Arcadia all have a descent amount of length before you get to any intersection. There are 2 sides, North and South. If you go on the south side I suggest parking at Browning Mill pond. The I95 trial is definitely a good choice if you want a good “in and out” else I would head over to Bald Hill as there are numerous trials that mirror each other which can be easily be connected into a loop.
    My favorite trial on the north side is the URI research trial (Arcadia Map North it is called Rock Trial); it has a nice mix of ups and downs.
    One of the more technical trials is the Mt Tom Trial at the northern portion of the south side, right before it crosses Rt 165. Very fun with some real nice scenery.
    Another cool feature is the ledges on the North West corner of the North Side which have some (big for east coast) rock shoots.

Hope this helps
    What goes up must come down

mtbr member
    You can consider Burlingame in South Kingstown. Not nearly as technical as Arcadia or confusing as Big River, but many neat fun spots.