Thread: Arcadia?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Arcadia?

Can anyone provide an update on trail conditions? Too much snow? Too wet?

mtbr member
    I'll post tomorrow afternoon - I plan on looking around mid-tomorrow morning. I know the far North side (upper Yellow) is very wet. I plan on focusing on the general Mt. Tom area as that is higher.

I would imagine the drop section of Jeff's trail will be underwater, as well as part of the rock gardens towards Sand.

Anyway, I'll post an update tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for the update. Depending on your report, planning to make the trip on Sunday.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'm planning on hitting br early Sunday. I'm going to try early before the ground thaws out

mtbr member
    Arcadia wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

All the fire roads are gate-closed, so I parked at the red house at the Ledges. I rode down the fire road, took a right and then onto the horse trail through the wall on the right. The begininng and middle sections still have 3" of snow, so it's tough. The rest of the trail all the way to Mt. Tom was perfectly fine.

Mt. Tom is a river for half of it, so avoid it - I walked it. The connecting trail from Old Ten Road to Sand is in good shape, as is upper Sand - lower Sand is a swamp. Jeff's trail is mostly clear, but the drop-off section that borders 165 is under water. Colleen's Playhouse is mostly good, but has some snow sections.

If you're looking just to dust off the winter blubber like me, you'll be fine. I ended up at 10.5 miles for 2.5 hours and spend a good amount of time clearing the trails of downed trees and assorted crap.

The silence was incredible.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks again. I can put together a good ride at Arcadia, but I know the names of only a few trails. I may find myself in a few of the places you recommend avoiding. Still, sounds like it'll be worth the trip from central CT.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    Arcadia wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

All the fire roads are gate-closed, so I parked at the red house at the Ledges. I rode down the fire road, took a right and then onto the horse trail through the wall on the right. The begininng and middle sections still have 3" of snow, so it's tough. The rest of the trail all the way to Mt. Tom was perfectly fine.

Mt. Tom is a river for half of it, so avoid it - I walked it. The connecting trail from Old Ten Road to Sand is in good shape, as is upper Sand - lower Sand is a swamp. Jeff's trail is mostly clear, but the drop-off section that borders 165 is under water. Colleen's Playhouse is mostly good, but has some snow sections.

If you're looking just to dust off the winter blubber like me, you'll be fine. I ended up at 10.5 miles for 2.5 hours and spend a good amount of time clearing the trails of downed trees and assorted crap.

The silence was incredible.
    Great trail report....Thank you!

Rez
    mtbr member
    Only got about two inches of snow last night and every thing is steadily melting this morning. All trials should be fine
    What goes up must come down