mtbr member
    Apr 2004

90 minutes from arcadia, RI?

Hey all- looking for some killer suggestions. Please.

I learned to ride in Arcadia in the early 90s (when Fat Chance was the tops and Pro Flex made its debut in the ocean state) while at URI and have not been back in a long long time. Planning a 3 day trip up north to MTB and realized that we never rode Mass or Northeast Ct. when we lived up there. I dont know what else is close. We always hit Arcadia and called it a day!

So- we will base in East Greenwich probably and are looking for some solid rides within 90minutes.

All Advanced XC riders- well ride it all.

Thanks and I appreciate ths suggestions.

mtbr member
    There's a ton of place's, Big River and Pachaug are the two closest. If you're going to be driving from the west, West Woods in Guilford can be fun it's right of 95 and a good way to break up the drive.

Here's a map with someother places marked. Southern New England Mountain Bike Trails - Google Maps

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

thanks for the intel

were driving up from PA. Well hit RI first then skip to next ride. if we go west or north....all good. looking for the MUST rides in the region within 90 min drive. top pics are welcome.

mtbr member
    When are you all heading up? Must ride are of course Arcadia for as many miles as you can ride, Then pump over to CT for Pachuag, then Big River which is the opposite of Arcadia not much tech but alot of tight tree riding for a ton of miles. Then you could head up to Foxboro for some tech for about 20 miles, after Foxboro you could meet up with the Mass Pike and then have your choice of heading down 84 for Bigelow and then Case Mtn, or you could follow the Pike and head out to the Holyoke range for the B street area then head down 91 for Case Mtn. Then it's player's choice for what you want to ride in Western CT

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    let me research a bit. week of june 13- playing hookey from work for a few days.