mtbr member
    Oct 2016

Xfusion Manic : Real world reviews

Looks like a pretty nice dropper for those in a market for a 125mm dropper post, that is home mechanic serviceable

Would like to hear some real world feedback and where I cant get my hands on one

http://www.xfusionshox.com/products/seat-posts/manic

https://nsmb.com/articles/x-fusion-making-bikes-sane-again/

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Reviews anyone? Bueller?

Universal Cycles has them listed on their website....

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I bought two of them. Thumbs up from me. The lever is awesome and super easy to press. Post is smooth up and down and there is a nice clunk at top out. Don't really think they can be beat for the price as long as you're good with 125mm. Main reason I got it was for easy and cheap cartridge replacement but have not had to test that yet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    How long have you had them, how much use and abuse? Any negatives?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Only have had 5ish rides on each so can't speak to durability. Smoother (less binding) and lever is so much better than a reverb for example. Also like it better than Doss

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Just got one yesterday. Been home sick with strep throat so hoping to get to installing it this weekend. It feels amazingly smooth and the remote is one of the nicest ive seen.

I have 2 x fusion HILO
    1 x fusion HILO strate
    and 2 reverbs.

Very excited to get this manic rolling. The original hilo's have been going strong for a year but will probably need servicing soon. My hilo strate never worked properly and unfotunately is not user serviceable. It has been collecting dust for months.

Ive rebuilt both of my reverbs but its honestly not worth my time to ever do again. I would much rather replace them with a $200 manic than ever waste time on them i could be riding. And a lot of these posts cost $100+ to get a service center to rebuild. If you choose the send the manic off, it will only cost $60

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Kikoraa, that's funny you say about the reverb. I ordered the manics right after I serviced my reverb for the first time. I said to myself that never again in my life do I want to do that lol, and for context I'm someone who is more than comfortable tuning shim stacks and building wheels.

The sweet thing with the manic is you can order the cartridge for 25$ shipped and it's super easy to change out yourself.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I hear you. I service all of mine and my gf's forks/shocks. Never got into tuning besides oil and volume spacers. I can build wheels and service hubs. The reverb was way too involved but they work now (phew). I'm almost tempted to rebuild one i have sitting as i do have the new IFP and new USH and collar. I would just sell it and put it towards another manic, lol.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    So got it installed. This post is one of the smoothest feeling posts I've ever used. Here's to seeing it's longevity. I hope x fusion puts out some service interval charts or things to look for when a cartridge replacement is needed.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Just sold my rebuilt reverb to put towards a 2nd manic for another bike. In love with this post

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    where does it show owner serviceable ? X-fusion website service vids don't show any service vids for this dropper

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    It's so new, and x fusion just closed their service center, it may be a while before we see docs. They contract service out to MAD suspension racing. It's run by a former employee of x fusion Mike Davis. From what I know, it's a matter of unthreading the collar, and swapping a cartridge ($30ish) and that's that. I plan to call and get more detailed info when the time comes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I went ahead ad emailed x fusion. Asked about tech videos or docs and what the process was. Also asked about seals. Here are his responses. Great to hear! Will never own another reverb.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    thanks for the reviews guys! Time to start saving those pennies

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    I've had one a couple months and have at least 20 rides on it. It's very smooth and I've had 0 issues with it so far.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Take caution not to tighten your seat post clamp too tight. I've always heard it can mess with a dropper but I've never experienced it until today.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Just wanted to bump this. I now have a month and a dozen or so rides on a 125mm Manic. Love it! Infinitely better saddle clamp than my KS LEV. Much better remote than my Reverb, and a decent improvement over the KS. I went with this over the almost $100 worth of parts/tools it was going to require for rebuilding my Reverb and couldn't be happier.