Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantTurd View Post
    Just got a 27.2 post and it takes 5 or 6 lever pushes to get it to return the last 3 or 4mm, total pain while riding, is there a DIY fix for this that anyone knows of?
    No - that sounds like it needs to go back to Thomson. My Covert did that and they had to replace the cartridge. Give them a call - they're really quick about it.

mtbr member
    Yep. That's a bummer. And it's BS.
    Send it back.

connisseur
    Hello I have a 27.2 had it for nearly 2 years and it's worked great but recently developed a slight bit of movement(less than 1/8") at full extension. It's not play the post moves up and down i don't feel it while riding. Is there an easy fix for this?

Check psi in post? let out air under collar?? I have not done any maintenance on this post

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle View Post
    Is there an easy fix for this?

Check psi in post? let out air under collar?? I have not done any maintenance on this post
    The Thomson designs cannot be DIY serviced, unfortunately. My posts that developed this issue (albeit a bit more pronounced, about 1cm of "settling") required a cartridge exchange at Thomson. The potential bummer for you is that you might be outside the 2 year warranty. I'd contact them sooner rather than later and hope/plead for some warranty period flexibility from them. Good luck.

This issue seems to be the Achilles heal of the Thomsons.

connisseur
    Thx, it's just inside 2 years will contact them. So the new cart should fix the issue or are the new one's having the same issue?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle View Post
    Thx, it's just inside 2 years will contact them. So the new cart should fix the issue or are the new one's having the same issue?
    Great question. Until I make it 2+ years on new cartridges on multiple posts, I can't really make a data-driven judgment.

connisseur
    Yeah i'm on the fence on whether to F with sending it in, I would have to do it right now. No 27.2 backup either my old Gravity dropper is toast it would hate the winter muck cond's.

If I knew it wouldn't get any worse as far as the amount of sag I would be fine with it, 1cm is too much tho I agree

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I'm in Same boat. I'm past two years they told me I could pay up to 260+/- I think she said. So not sure if I should look around for a new make or send it in.

Climbs = necessary evil

Thomson Elite Dropper Post Thread

I had one warranty replacement after about a year, and now a little over 2 years later, it's failed and is slowly dropping with pressure as I sit on it - slow is a relative term here, dropping about 2 inches in a minute. Just sent it in for service and was told it's be "about $250". If it fails again, I'll be looking for other options.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    So people have invested close to a grand into a single dropper post. Seems a bit high for a seat to go up and down. Maybe I will just deal with the slight drop. I wonder if it will get worse? Right now it drops almost to the "11" mark.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415