Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455
Results 2,701 to 2,705 of 2705
    mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by BPH View Post
    Hey. Hoping for a little advice. I have read the whole thread and nothing matches my problem!

My standard reverb has had very little use, is 6 month old and performs perfectly, EXCEPT....

...when the post is dropped for the first time, it won't drop smoothly. It's almost like it's stuck. It needs a small bump/wiggle to help it drop. Once that's done, it drops fine, and extends fine, then drops again absolutely fine, until it's been extended fully for about half an hour, and the issue repeats itself.

Any ideas? It's only a niggling small problem, but certainly one that wasn't there at the beginning of its time!
    What happens if you adjust remote to a slowest setting? If its getting worse bleeding of the cable should help.

Sent from my SM-G900F

mtbr member
    ^^^Yes. It's also possible to over-tighten the post clamp so it restricts movement of the post. Check the clamp torque. I believe the spec is 6.7 Nm (60 in-lb) max.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    My reverb is much better after partial cleanup/regrease (was not able to remove lower cup, so no way to get into upper dust cover, need vice jaws thing for 9.5mm tube). No single "got stuck" situation on today ride.
    I guess I will get vice jaws and will do dropper cleanup/regrease from time to time as shown in the video below. Then it will be time to do "service kit" thing.
    https://youtu.be/NfFRlpCpU3s

Sent from my SM-G900F

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    ^^^Yes. It's also possible to over-tighten the post clamp so it restricts movement of the post. Check the clamp torque. I believe the spec is 6.7 Nm (60 in-lb) max.
    That might be spec, but on my bike, anything over 3nm and it binds.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    ^^^ Yeah. It can be clamp dependent. Not saying this is your issues, but if a slot in the seatpost lines up with the slot in the clamp, it can really dig into the post. Arranging them so they don't line up can help. This is usually the default arrangement for use with carbon seatpost. Sometime they're 180 degrees apart but in some cases the seat tube may have two slots (Trek, for one) and the clamp slot is equidistant between the two.
    Do the math.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455