Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051
Results 2,501 to 2,517 of 2517
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtaylor996 View Post
    I've got a brand new reverb stealth on my pony rustler, and it doesn't always want to come all the way back up. What could cause that?
    Make sure the seat post collar isn't too tight.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jtaylor996 View Post
    I've got a brand new reverb stealth on my pony rustler, and it doesn't always want to come all the way back up. What could cause that?
    The other two replies are the best and most likely, but if those don't work then try to bleed the actuator line/lever. I wouldn't have thought this, but I have a reverb which was sometimes not coming back up and after I bled the line it worked fine again. The only thing I can think was happening is the actuator was not able to hold pressure long enough to let the seat back up... it also wouldn't go down all the way sometimes as well. Good luck!

Digger
    Jul 2016
    It was the seat post clamp being too tight that did it for me. Thanks for the help guys!

mtbr member
    ^^That's what happened to me. I didn't have my torque wrench handy and tightened the clamp a bit too much. When I loosened the clamp a bit. The post extended all the way up. I'm guessing the outer wall of the Reverb is pretty thin.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    My A1 reverb is losing air on me - pumped up to 150psi, I get about 8 activations before it stops returning (over about 45 minutes). Leaving the post inflated on the hike overnight also seems to out pressure down to 0psi. It was rebuilt (full service) about 3 months ago after it developed a sag.

Assuming it isn't as simple as replacing the valve core, which I'll be trying first, should a basic seal kit fix this, or do I need the full service kit? Will I need the ifp tool, oil height tool, etc. for the basic service?

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quick question about the new B1 post and lighter riders. I am 110 lbs and have a heck of a time getting the A2 post to drop. Actually I could not get the A2 to drop out of the box (after several bleeds), the only possible way to make it work was to reduce the air pressure in the seatpost. Even with the air pressure at 150 psi it required some precise butt placement to get the A2 to drop. Rockshox is promoting the B1 at being more responsive to slacker seat tube angles. Does anyone have experience with this. Is the B1 less sensitive to seat and butt placement? Many times I find on the A2 it will only drop if I sit on the nose of the saddle. Just trying to figure if I should give the B1 a try or go with a completely different post.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    How old is your post? Has it been serviced? I'm heavy and after one year of usage I was also only able to drop the A2 post by sitting on the nose of the saddle. The inner seal head bushing was worn. After servicing (basic kit was sufficient) it goes down much more easily.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by arnea View Post
    How old is your post? Has it been serviced? I'm heavy and after one year of usage I was also only able to drop the A2 post by sitting on the nose of the saddle. The inner seal head bushing was worn. After servicing (basic kit was sufficient) it goes down much more easily.
    My A2 is brand new. Bike Shop says they can replace it with a B1 or something else.
    Just trying to figure out what to do.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JillRide45 View Post
    My A2 is brand new. Bike Shop says they can replace it with a B1 or something else.
    Just trying to figure out what to do.
    Really doesn't sound right. Maybe not getting bled properly???Unusual in my opinion.

mtbr member
    My Reverb Stealth A2 got squishy so I decided to do a basic rebuild but when I did I noticed that the IFP was missing one of the two plastic guide rings. I don’t think my bike shop opened it up, perhaps it came this way from the factory…
    Anyway, this caused me to get the full rebuild kit so I could get the new black plastic IFP. Thankfully it worked and the post is back to proper working order.
    RockShox Reverb Thread-img_4800.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I think that I have a faulty Reverb. It's had about 18 months use, probably seven or eight hundred hours and it still functions perfectly. How can that be?

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Has anyone ever has a fizzing sound on their Reverb? I have the A2 and just did a full rebuild on it because it could be compressed and extended without the remote. When I bled the post, movement is great, however it sounds like air is pushing out of the bottom when compressing and extending... No loss of air pressure in the post itself though

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gtang31 View Post
    Has anyone ever has a fizzing sound on their Reverb? I have the A2 and just did a full rebuild on it because it could be compressed and extended without the remote. When I bled the post, movement is great, however it sounds like air is pushing out of the bottom when compressing and extending... No loss of air pressure in the post itself though
    Thats pretty normal. Its the air in the outer tube been displaced as the seatpost is compressed.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gtang31 View Post
    I agree it is normal but I pinched an oring on the inner sealhead on my first rebuild a few years back. It is easy to do and I have even found new factory built ones with pinched orings. I had oil leaking out of those air holes in the main seal head when that happened. Just make sure there is no oil coming out of those air holes making your fizzing sound. Your post will work fine for a while until enough oil leaks from ifp chamber to stop post working. Just keep an eye on it.

mtbr member
    So I bent the main shaft (stanchion) on my reverb. You can feel it begin to bind about 70mm into the 125mm of travel. Honestly it's not noticeable while riding but still sucks. Reverb will officially become the backup with fox transfer moving into full time status.
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les Misérables

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by someoldfart View Post
    I think that I have a faulty Reverb. It's had about 18 months use, probably seven or eight hundred hours and it still functions perfectly. How can that be?
    I currently have 4 faulty ones just like yours, and another 2 on past bikes that were equally as faulty. Then again, I NEVER pick them up by the saddle when loading them in my truck unless the seat is FULLY extended.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I wish mine was "faulty" like yours. In for first full rebuild. This years model. Frustrating.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051