Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,250 of 2709
    Slowest Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbiker040 View Post
    busy thread!!

I just got my first dropper post on a new bike with a 150mm stealth reverb.

Is it normal that the post sags a little when you sit on it in the extended position?
    I don't feel any sag on my Reverb Stealth post which is only a few months old. And I'm a fairly large guy at ~250 lbs with pack.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

mtbr member
    My new (2nd hand) 29er came w/ a 125mm version... I took it off and put it in my 650b ride (32 inseam). Are Reverbs (non stealth) self serviceable?

-------------------------------------
    Opinions are like A-holes... everybody
    has one & they're usually full of...??
    to err is human... to face plant is frickin hilarious!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLarry View Post
    I don't feel any sag on my Reverb Stealth post which is only a few months old. And I'm a fairly large guy at ~250 lbs with pack.
    interesting, I may need to have it re-bled then!! Thanks!
    '15 Transition Smuggler

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbiker040 View Post
    interesting, I may need to have it re-bled then!! Thanks!
    Took my bike to my LBS, they contacted RockShox and they agreed there was too much sag at the extended position (20mm); since mine is so new they want it back to do an RCA (root cause analysis) and replace mine.
    '15 Transition Smuggler

Propr

Dropper Fail

3rd straight day of use at MBO this past Sunday and the dropper puked oil inside my frame and started draining out the bottom. Only thing I can think of is that on Day-1 I had an high speed OTB and maybe the housing got stretched a bit and tweaked the connectamajig. But it was totally fine on Day-2, so didn't think it was an issue...and it didn't start acting up until the last 3/4 of the ride on Lawler Day-3...had to stand and pedal out on the last bit of fire road to the pick-up spot.

Got back to camp and the entire bottom bracket and crank arm (left side) were covered in RS post fluid

Pulling the post tonight to verify...guess if it's OTB tweak it's my bad???

Anyone else have this happen?
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowball View Post
    3rd straight day of use at MBO this past Sunday and the dropper puked oil inside my frame and started draining out the bottom. Only thing I can think of is that on Day-1 I had an high speed OTB and maybe the housing got stretched a bit and tweaked the connectamajig. But it was totally fine on Day-2, so didn't think it was an issue...and it didn't start acting up until the last 3/4 of the ride on Lawler Day-3...had to stand and pedal out on the last bit of fire road to the pick-up spot.

Got back to camp and the entire bottom bracket and crank arm (left side) were covered in RS post fluid

Pulling the post tonight to verify...guess if it's OTB tweak it's my bad???

Anyone else have this happen?
    Same happened to me. Turns out the lower seal blow out.

mtbr member
    my LBS got mine replaced fast and the new one is perfect. no sag at all at the top and it works perfectly.
    '15 Transition Smuggler

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hi everyone,

on one DH course I had my Reverb in lowest position, and I had a crash, nothing spectacular, but it seems my bike fell somehow on a seat, or side of a seat, and something happened to a post.

It immidiately jumped in highest position, but it doesn't stay there, I can push it with my hand to the bottom, and then it immidiately jumps back in highest positions... like 100% sag... I also tried to pump it to 250 PSI but I get the same problem, plus I think it's losing pressure fast, and soon after pumping it's at 0 PSI...

I was about to send it to service, but I first wanted to ask does anyone have any idea how big of a problem it is? Did some seal just blew off after crash, or post need serious (and expensive) rebuild, or it's even beyond repair? On the outside it looks mint.

Thank You!

Propr
    Quote Originally Posted by H00rst View Post
    Same happened to me. Turns out the lower seal blow out.
    Pulled it last night and most def. a blown lower seal...sending it back to the LBS.
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member
    good bye Reverb, I am going to try a KS LEV Integra

mtbr member

Reverb O-ring sizes

Just went thru getting the basic kit and realizing they didn't include some of the o-rings I needed. SRAM, I would gladly paid another 2.00 to get ALL the o-rings!

Laterilus did most of the ground work, I just added a few that I needed that were missing from the basic kit. Figured I would revise the illustration a little since his seemed to no longer be visible. All the o-ring sizes have red lines.

Hopefully it will help someone.

oringsandmore.com seemed to have most of the odd metric sizes.
    Illustration is just missing a couple of the smaller ones now. If you have the sizes I can add them...

mtbr member

RockShox Reverb Thread

Feeling kind of pleased with myself having just converted a 150mm Stealth 31.6mm to a 30.9mm so now it fits in my Burner. This has been something that I've been planning on trying for a while, never being 100% sure that it would be doable but I'm please to say it is and opens up a whole lot of opportunities to people.

Sorry if this has already been covered in this thread but thought it might be helpful to some people seeing as RS don't offer it as an option.

mtbr member
    How?

mtbr member

RockShox Reverb Thread

Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    How?
    I'm assuming this is for me?

Take one 31.6mm Reverb Stealth 150mm (I just so happened to have one off a recently sold Intense).

Buy 30.9mm shaft part number R8020030 and swap shafts.

Simple as that really, I just wasn't sure whether I'd run into other problems with the internals etc, but everything went smoothly and the post works nicely.

mtbr member
    I did the same to mine this past winter as well and it works great. I was worried about needing different size keys but it was plug and play. One word of advice though, lather the inside of the new lower tube with more slick honey than you think is needed for a smooth install.
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les Misérables

Binned
    Nov 2008
    CALLING ALL EXPERIENCED REVERB USERS:

This issue has probably already been covered in this thread(???) but I have a Reverb Stealth that is stuck in the fully extended position. When I push in the release lever, it stays pushed in. I assume it needs a bleed at least, but does this sound like an issue that demands more attention than just a bleed?

mtbr member
    Sounds like just the remote needs a bleed.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    CALLING ALL EXPERIENCED REVERB USERS:

This issue has probably already been covered in this thread(???) but I have a Reverb Stealth that is stuck in the fully extended position. When I push in the release lever, it stays pushed in. I assume it needs a bleed at least, but does this sound like an issue that demands more attention than just a bleed?
    Try rubbing the tip a little until it squirts . . . it should relax after that.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

Binned
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Try rubbing the tip a little until it squirts . . . it should relax after that.
    Oh,,,, go ride you bike!

WAIT, you can't, you're injured!

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    I seem to remember Laterilus mentioning that in reality its only one bushing and one o-ring that need replaced if your post is sagging, is that correct?
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    I seem to remember Laterilus mentioning that in reality its only one bushing and one o-ring that need replaced if your post is sagging, is that correct?
    Mine was sagging, by about 3mm or so. Got the "Basic Service Kit", cost me about $15 AUD and proceeded with a rebuild with all the bits that the kit would allow.

Was basically a full strip and rebuilt, but only replacing the o-rings and bushing in the kit. Totally fixed the sag

Took me about 30 minutes to do, mainly as it was the first time. I reckon I could get it done much faster now that I know the process!

b a n n e d
    So in general, has the reliability of the recent iterations improved?
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hi guys, just want to ask if this amount of side to side play is normal / typical for reverb. It's 2015 model stealth edition. It's maybe 2mm but sometimes I can feel it during a ride. Is there anything I can do to have it rock stable ? Thx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=290iCk0GdWc

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Do you also have back and forth play? This is how much my post had:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeB4MPTFFFk

Side-to-side was little bit less than you have. The post was replaced by Rockshox. I sent the video link to the shop and they asked me to send the post back.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Yes, there is some back and forth play but not so bad than in your video. It's very small, but it's there. I don't remember if I had it there when it was new but I'm sure it was less. I think I'll write to RockShox to have a look - I got this seat with my Canyon Spectral bike and I've ridden appx. 1200km. Does your new seatpost have any side to side play or it's rock solid ?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    New post does not have any side-to-side or back-to-forth play. I think that initially I had less play, but it got bad quite quickly. Main problem was that post did not want to go down when I had my weight in the back of saddle. I had to sit on the nose to press it down.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Thx for info. How long do you have the new seat ? Mine was definitely better as well at the beginning, went worse pretty fast. Also noticed that speed knob - if I reduce speed to min and press the lever, the seat goes up pretty fast - almost with the same speed as if the knob is set at max. speed. It only goes slow if I press the lever half way but this does not seems good in my opinion. What is the behavior of your speed adjustment ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by arnea View Post
    New post does not have any side-to-side or back-to-forth play. I think that initially I had less play, but it got bad quite quickly. Main problem was that post did not want to go down when I had my weight in the back of saddle. I had to sit on the nose to press it down.
    Guide pins are worn, needs replacing. They control the rotational play.
    As for the seat not going down when putting pressure on the back of the saddle, its the top bushing under the collar, needs replacing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I have used new post only ~200km so it is still like new.

About the speed control - it means that there is little bit too much oil in the hose or that the temperature is high where you are riding.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    As for the seat not going down when putting pressure on the back of the saddle, its the top bushing under the collar, needs replacing.
    Ok, it is good to know what parts cause what problems. In my case the post was replace and new one is fine so far.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    Thanks! Do you know where these pins can be buy ? Also I've read that they are different sizes and put slightly bigger can make it rock solid, is that true ? It's still under warranty so I don't know what to do. Do you think rockshox will replace it ?

More or less I only need to know if it is normal to have such play or it's abnormal. If abnormal, then I have to either replace it of fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by arnea View Post
    I have used new post only ~200km so it is still
    like new.

About the speed control - it means that there is little bit too much oil in the hose or that the temperature is high where you are riding.
    So there is absolutely no side by side play ??? Then my pins really needs to be worn. But pretty fast I've bled once, so maybe I've pressurize too much with oil, maybe I have to release some oil. Thx for suggestion.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hey to yall.

I bought a Giant reign and what a nice bike.
    But my ROCKSHOX REVERB STEALTH that comes with the bike dosen't work, i cant get it down, i have trid to bleed it and taken all the air out of it but nothing helps. do you have any suggestions on how to fix this?

best regrads.

mtbr member
    it seems to me that the issues in the reverb are mainly caused during assembly from the factory (ie displaced o-rings, incorrectly torqued threads, etc).

mtbr member
    I'm waiting for my 5th replacement. This one is saging by 3 inches. Not at the top of the stroke. Only every where else. I've had them freeze up. Blow up And dump oil ever where. And this has all been in less than a year. Very disappointed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1 View Post
    I'm waiting for my 5th replacement. This one is saging by 3 inches. Not at the top of the stroke. Only every where else. I've had them freeze up. Blow up And dump oil ever where. And this has all been in less than a year. Very disappointed.
    for these kinds of issues, perhaps it could be manufacturing tolerances from a given batch out of the factory. if it were tolerance issues, then no amount of rebuild can fix this. overall i'd say is a quality control issue for SRAM if my assumption is correct. i don't see any design flaws in system perse, just end-user wants and preferences.

OT: hydraulic systems to function flawlessly, need to work at tight tolerances even if they got o-rings on them regardless of the material these rings are made of. its because of this that automatic tranny's in cars work well and big @ss machines in factories work 24x7 at most for hundreds if not thousands of hours

mtbr member
    This has been over a period of a year. So im not thinking its a bad batch. I agree hydraulic systems are built proof when designed correctly. I run a large printing press . For over 25 years. And equipment like this just keeps going. It's usually an air line that goes out. But, they run while dripping oil everywhere. I think the post can't handle even a small amount of wear. Puts it out of tolerance to easy.

mtbr member
    This has been over a period of a year. So im not thinking its a bad batch. I agree hydraulic systems are built proof when designed correctly. I run a large printing press . For over 25 years. And equipment like this just keeps going. It's usually an air line that goes out. But, they run while dripping oil everywhere. I think the post can't handle even a small amount of wear. Puts it out of tolerance to easy.
    material selection vs weight vs wear/tear i reckon...

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Just got my new reverb,i installed and bleed it by myself but my post wont drop down,i tried to re bleed the post i make sure no air in the line,still my dropper psost doesnt go down,appreciate your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sounds like the remote might need bleeding. Not the post.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Sounds like the remote might need bleeding. Not the post.
    I already bleed the remote twice already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2015

Smile 1 repair, then bliss.... left mount

Quote Originally Posted by happyriding View Post
    Thread summary:

3) Several posters have sent their Reverbs in for repair 3-4 times. Some of the people who chimed in to say that their Reverbs were working perfectly were beset with problems later.
    Stuck down, LBS couldn't fix, they returned to Rockshox. A brand new dropper was sent back.

The new dropper has been flawless. 16months and a few thousands drops later (yah, I use it a lot).

Quote Originally Posted by happyriding View Post
    Thread summary:
    What say all you Reverb users? Right or left mount for the remote?
    LEFT for sure. The right is too busy going up and down the back cassette.

They sent me a righty, not a lefty. I needed to get in the saddle, so I installed it left side above the bar, aka opposite.... it's a stretch to use - not very ergonomic, but it's better mounting on the right side, for me at least.

-JD
    Last edited by mapski99; 10-29-2015 at 06:04 PM. Reason: spelling

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Has anyone got a guide ring size for the lower seal head?

mtbr member

RockShox Reverb Thread

Full rebuild corrected sag. When you do this with a sagging post, expect pressure under the inner seal head an wrap with a rag when threading it off. Job was not hard but getting all the tools is a bit of a quest. Post is good as new now and i have all i need to rebuild it when needed.

Lotta parts.
    Last edited by piperpilot964; 11-16-2015 at 04:07 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I am having the same exact issues. I serviced my Reverb but got the dreaded suck down after pumping it up. I have a couple questions. While fully pressurized you removed the small c clip and plug above the poppet valve?
    Anyone else try this?

Thanks,

Darren

mtbr member
    Removing circlips when fully pressurized sounds dangerous.

mtbr member
    what replacement hose options are there for a reverb non stealth? which jagwire hose can be used?
    Canfield Yelli Screamy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by viccoastal View Post
    I am having the same exact issues. I serviced my Reverb but got the dreaded suck down after pumping it up. I have a couple questions. While fully pressurized you removed the small c clip and plug above the poppet valve?
    Anyone else try this?

Thanks,

Darren
    I followed the docs completely and depressurized it first. Are you referring to the c-clip at the bottom of the post?

The sag is an indicator of air on the wrong side of the IFP and that is why actually the poppet head cover not the inner seal head tries to launch. On the non-stealth everything is upside down. I believe with the non-stealth, the inner seal head will be the hobby rocket when disassembling, if you have sag.

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Do we really need an IFP depth gauge or can we just fashion up something to stick in there with the correct marks?

I just got my seal rebuild kit and I find it hard to believe that 20 seals contribute to keeping air in the post. I just want it to hold air, it doesn't have any movement otherwise.

Sounds like the 2x19mm o-ring is the usual culprit.
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    what's the technique in getting the last bit of air out of the remote?

i cut my hose and followed sram youtube channel to the last bit.

the post moves a lot slower compared to when it came out of the box in the slowest knob position.

clamp is just right and bleeding was done at slowest knob position. remote is higher than the saddle during procedure.

any 'undocumented techniques' out there?
    Canfield Yelli Screamy

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thank you for this post! I had the same issues and couldn't figure out why. Your bleed procedure was the cure, thanks again.

Darren