Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Threading freely...
    Sorry about your finger, Toons. Hope you recover soon. I watched the video of your tumble... how did that happen so soon? Did you hit your front brake or something?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by polymathic
    Sorry about your finger, Toons. Hope you recover soon. I watched the video of your tumble... how did that happen so soon? Did you hit your front brake or something?
    The front wheel got stuck in a pot hole and I didn't have enough momentum to get over it!

BTW did you laugh? My mates have been ripping the **** out of me

Threading freely...
    I would have laughed had you not broken your finger. But, what made me smile was your cursing all the way down.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    where is the cheapest place to get one as of now, wife is going to buy me one for x-mas..... like to find the best deal out there...

thanks for your time...

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Just got my Reverb woot woot! Planning to install tomorrow. Hoping it goes painlessly. One thing I noticed right out of the box is that when I push the lever in and try to compress the post, it's not budging much. I realize that many folks here have had to re-bleed their posts, but mine's not even moving. Not too concerned right now, since I haven't even put it on. But just thought it was worth mentioning. Maybe this has happened to others?

Anyone else throw one on a Knolly Endorphin? Going to be looking for routing options...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Universal Cycles with VIP15 code (buy something else for $5+) = $250.75 with free shipping

mtbr member
    Ventanarama (Mtn high cyclery) has them in the classified for $235 shipped. Plus he seems like a good guy, I've bought stuff from him in the past.

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...t=56808&cat=18

mtbr member
    Loving mine so far, I can't believe I waited this long to get a drop post. I moved my remote to the left side, I had to modify the FD shifter a bit but it makes a big difference.

dremeled FD Shifter

Opposite side

A little trail shot, I used the Reverb a lot more than I thought I would.

nothing witty here...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I got mine all installed used it today for the first time! this thing is bad ass!!!!!

sorry for the crappy cell shots

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Zero offset mount

Just wondering if anybody has used one of these seat posts where their original seat post was an offset style? My bike is a Stump Jumper that comes with an offset seatpost, doesnt look like the Reverb has this option, like the Joplin

Threading freely...
    Mine was an offset post (Rockhopper). Truth is, the offset was a problem for me, and I already had my seat all the way forward. While it's not offset, you still have the ability to change your seat position some.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

spongy feel

so after 3 weeks of riding the reverb it developed a spongy feel, its now more of a suspension seatpost regardless where it is in its 5 inch travel, dont know what the cause i did lift up the saddle while in its down position but it did return to its normal height, so i called rs and spoke to customer service, no problem just let the retailer know and will send a replacement and could do the swap once it arrives to avoid having no seatpost/reverb at all (its amazing once you have an adjustable seatpost that you dont want to ride without it ) called up pricepoint and kudos to shawn !! swung by pricepoint and he replaced it with a new one (its still less than 30 days) those little service that they do to customers make me want to buy more from them !!

so has anyone experienced this problem?, could it be air getting into the system, if so how??

again kudo to ricky/rockshow and shawn/pricepoint

mtbr member
    Did you try bleeding it again after it developed this spongy feel?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaindavis
    Did you try bleeding it again after it developed this spongy feel?
    Probably wouldn't help this condition since the hydraulic actuator is external (closed system) to the actual post hydraulics.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 08350
    those little service that they do to customers make me want to buy more from them !!
    So you're saying you want to spend more money because they thoroughly serviced you?

What services did they do to you?
    Last edited by BaeckerX1; 12-02-2010 at 12:51 PM.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

no need for bleed

did not even try to bleed, post still traveled as fast as originally,

well i'd rather spend my money on a retailer that i know would help me out than someone who just wants a fast buck btw off topic, the best customer service would belong to REI no doubt !

Come on, dare me!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_oz
    Just wondering if anybody has used one of these seat posts where their original seat post was an offset style? My bike is a Stump Jumper that comes with an offset seatpost, doesnt look like the Reverb has this option, like the Joplin
    That's why I chose the KSi900 (which has offset). Works wonderfully - loved it so much that I got another one for my other bike... it says something! Anyway if you ride technical trails, I'd say go with the remote - I got the lever ones (for saving a little bit of weight) and things can be a little sketchy when you have to drop the seat very quickly (anticipation is key).

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    well, I got a bad one. Even after bleeding the whole thing with 2 syringes it still wont go down.

Sort of goes down and up on the slowest setting, but suuuper slow on the way up and gets stuck half way through.

now to deal with RMA / warranty. horray.

I guess I should have just bought another kindshock....

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan55
    well, I got a bad one. Even after bleeding the whole thing with 2 syringes it still wont go down.

Sort of goes down and up on the slowest setting, but suuuper slow on the way up and gets stuck half way through.

now to deal with RMA / warranty. horray.

I guess I should have just bought another kindshock....

I had this same problem when i shortened up my cable.. here is what i did i had my buddy keep lightly pushing pushing the syring on on remote side while i put the bleed screw back in to the post side to prevent air getting sucked back in.. after i did the whole push and pull the bubbles out of the post side.. then i finished the bleeding procedure on the remote side and very thing worked great!

Threading freely...
    +1

That's what I did too. Had my wife helping.... and it was fine after.

j-dub
    Nov 2009
    My post is new, just installed and completely locked. Will someone repost the link to the double bleed?

mtbr member
    How much play is normal? When fully extended, my seat can move maybe 1/8"-1/4" fore and aft. This may be normal, I don't know, as it is my first adjustable post. I don't notice it riding and it doesn't really bother me in any tangible way but I would feel a lot better knowing if that is just what adjustable seatposts have or if I should have it looked at. Still quite new. LOVE its functionality...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbender
    My post is new, just installed and completely locked. Will someone repost the link to the double bleed?
    http://www.sram.com/en/service/rocks...D=3&subcatID=1

offical bleed directions from Sram

as for the 2 syring bleed its pretty much just like bleeding brakes..

back the speed control on remote to the slowest setting, attach your bleeding syring to the bleed port on the post found on the right side of the post (make sure syring has small amount of 2.5w oil) then attach other syring to the bleed port on the remote (fill approximately 1/2 full with 2.5w oil) on remote side pull the syring back to draw any air out.. then release repeat this a few times to appears to be free of air, also press the remote button a few times to make sure there is no air in the piston, now go ahead and gently draw back on the post side of syring then gently push on the remote side pushing oil through the line. after you pushed most of the oil through (leave small amount on remote side to keep air from bleeding back into system and to finish bleeding of remote) draw back on post side syring making sure it is free of air repeat this step a few times.. then once it is free of air. gently apply pressure to the remote side syring so that a small amount of oil is weeping out replace post side bleed screw, now back to remote side syring pull/push on syring to make sure system is free of air repeat a few times also press remote button a few times while pushing and pulling on the syring. before you remove syring from bleed port give it a nice push to make sure the system has enough oil then remove syring from remote side putting a few drops of oil on port then replace bleed port screw and you should be on your way!

that should do it for you i hope i didn't leave anything out!

P.S

I left my remote button mount a tad loose so if i fall or crash it has some room to move instead of breaking. its still tight enough that is doesn't move on any crazy terrain or when i press it.

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    How much play is normal? When fully extended, my seat can move maybe 1/8"-1/4" fore and aft. This may be normal, I don't know, as it is my first adjustable post. I don't notice it riding and it doesn't really bother me in any tangible way but I would feel a lot better knowing if that is just what adjustable seatposts have or if I should have it looked at. Still quite new. LOVE its functionality...
    My Reverb has 1/16-1/8" of fore/aft play also. The Kind Shocks are the same way.
    "Do not touch the trim"

mtbr member
    I've had the Specialized Command Post and also the KS i900r post. I've now put around 40 miles on my Reverb, and absolutely love it. Out of the box, mine was slow. So, I bled it and shortened the cable. It wasn't really a hard process at all, much easier than bleeding brakes. The fact that it came with a bleed-kit, and cable-guide also rocks.
    My KS post was never perfect, ever. Very inconsistant.
    The Reverb is the adjustable post that I've been waiting for, and the epitome of how one should work. The button is soft and smooth, the post works EVERY time throughout the ride. It did require a little service out of the box, but honestly most disc brakes do also. The bleeding process was fairly simple too, I'm not sure why so many people are having issues bleeding them. I following the directions exactly, and it worked great.
    Anything I don't like about the post? Hmm....weight maybe? Price maybe? The remote is somewhat "bulky" on the handlebar.

Here are some mounted pics:

Maintain internal heights.

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Sort of a repost, but figured this belongs in here:

OMG I F'ing love this thing. Just got back from my second ride on it. Cold as **** outside, but the seatpost is still smooth as butter. Some general observations: 1) I use it more than I thought I would; 2) Using for climbs has been surprisingly awesome - cleaned some techy stuff today with ease that normally gives me some trouble. It's super nice being able to get your butt down when you need a lower COG; 3) DH is just that much more fun. That's probably the key factor to having the new seatpost. I like climbing and all, but I still have that mentality of climbing to descend. Well, descents just got that much more fun. If you're thinking of getting one, do it. Put it on the xmas list. I don't think they're overrated by the slightest bit. A few pics:

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Post over extending

Hi Folks,

Just picked up the reverb. Had to shorten the hose and bleed (only 1 sringe so far at the remote end). All seems to be working ok, although if you pick the bike up by the saddle when the seatpost is not fully extended the post will lift up and over extend. Has anyone else had this issue?

Going to try the 2 sringe bleed and see if that fixes it...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Make sure you rotate the post over to one side so you don't mis-interpret some side play for fore and aft play. I have a minor amount of fore-aft play (@.025") with the post fully extended but no play once the post is compressed about 1/2". I don't ride with the post fully extended for this reason.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazbo
    Hi Folks,

Just picked up the reverb. Had to shorten the hose and bleed (only 1 sringe so far at the remote end). All seems to be working ok, although if you pick the bike up by the saddle when the seatpost is not fully extended the post will lift up and over extend. Has anyone else had this issue?

Going to try the 2 sringe bleed and see if that fixes it...
    Normal...
    The owners manual indicates the post my extend if you pull up on it.

If you lift the the rear of the bike up by the seat, the post may extend; Depends on the force involved. I'm not quite sure what you mean by over extend. Once you release the seat it will return to its normal set position.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

reverb won't go up

My reverb won't go up. Try to pull it up and it sinks back down 2".
    What to do?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkHL
    Normal...
    The owners manual indicates the post my extend if you pull up on it.

If you lift the the rear of the bike up by the seat, the post may extend; Depends on the force involved. I'm not quite sure what you mean by over extend. Once you release the seat it will return to its normal set position.
    Hi Mark,
    Thanks for the reply. Carried out the 2 syringe bleed and seemed to sort the problem. Agreed that that the seat will extend if pulled on(this is what I meant by over extend) However little force had to be applied. Now it stills happens but you need to apply alot force. So there was still air in system I guess.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahx
    My reverb won't go up. Try to pull it up and it sinks back down 2".
    What to do?

Well you can start by reading the rest of this thread. Then if you have any more questions, read it again and bleed your post.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    q2xltrgt
    Was that just sarcastic crap or do you actually know what you're talking about?
    The post won't go down and if you try to manually pull it up, it goes right back down. I don't see how air could cause either.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I don't think it was sarcastic crap. I just received my Reverb on friday. It was stuck in the fully extended position. After reading this post completely, I was able to bleed out the air and now it works perfectly. Make sure to resize the hose before you go through the bleed process. Bleed and become a believer!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    mine worked for a month. Now it's stuck half way. Won't go down. You can pull up, but it comes back down. Just don't see how bleeding would have any affect.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Was that just sarcastic crap or do you actually know what you're talking about?.
    The latter. Read the instructions on bleeding and then have at it. You're bleeding the remote which is separate from the inner workings of the post.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Why would having air in the line keep the post from lowering?

mtbr member
    Why would having air in the line keep the post from lowering?
    Because if you have air in your remote line, then your remote isn't working properly. If your remote isn't working, you can't drop the post. Would you really want a post that drops on its own with no remote interaction? As far as the post is concerned you're not using the remote, so it won't drop. It sounds to me like the post is working as intended.

Think of hydraulic disc brakes. You have the fluid in the line, and when you pull the lever, it forces the fluid down the line. When it gets to the end, it forces the pistons to close around the disc. If you have air in your lines, it can't generate the force required to push the pistons into the disc. You don't have enough end to end pressure and there's not enough fluid at the end of the line.

The Reverb also uses a hydraulic remote. Same concept, except I believe the pressure in the line opens a valve that "unlocks" the post and allows it to move freely. The post will then go down if pressure is on it, or release to full extension if no pressure. If you have too much air in the remote line, and not enough fluid, the lever cannot generate enough force to open the valve and "unlock" the post. Therefore, you won't be able to move it up or down, and it will stay at its current position. Even if you pull it up manually, it will return to its original position because you never released the post. The return spring can't move it to full extension, only to its current locked position.

Just try a good bleed per instructions. It's stupid easy. Once you get it setup correctly, you shouldn't have to worry about it again anytime soon. If it doesn't work, call SRAM.
    Last edited by BaeckerX1; 12-13-2010 at 07:41 AM.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    q2xltrgt
    Was that just sarcastic crap or do you actually know what you're talking about?
    The post won't go down and if you try to manually pull it up, it goes right back down. I don't see how air could cause either.

Sorry, working, Not sarcastic. I don't know everything but bleeding seems to be fixing a lot of various issues w/ this post. and if i recall correctly that issue was previously discussed in this thread.

mtbr member
    Has anyone had one of these apart. I need to limit the full extension by 30-40 mm to solve a seat height issue and a max insertion issue. I am thinking I could design a shim and cut it out with my lathe if there is room internally?

mtbr member
    I haven't taken mine apart, but there are some good cutaway pictures on the net, just google rockshox reverb cutaway. I think the sicklines site has some of the best. Here is one from the Sicklines site--they have others there as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RockShox Reverb Thread-2011_rock_shox_reverb_internal1.jpg  

mtbr member
    I have just ordered at my French bicycle seller a seatpost Reverb.

The length of the hydraulic hose of origin is of 1750mm.

However I need a hydraulic hose of 2200mm because it passes under the case of crankset.

Having to contact the distributor for France, it would not be possible to have a hydraulic hose of a length superior to 1750mm.

My questions:
    > Have you of the hydraulic hose of a length of 2200mm?
    > Where may I order this hydraulic hose?
    > What are the other parts to be ordered to install this hydraulic hose?

Thank you for your assistant.

Sportily.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Hello, anyone weighing in at 275 using a Reverb? I just received mine yesterday which had front to back and side to side play. Never even sat on it. Sent it back for a replacement. Just wondering if there is a weight limit? thanks Rich

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Size

So I am confused on how to tell what size post I would need between the 380mm and the 420mm.

When I measure my current stock post from the bottom of the seat rails to the minimum insertion mark on my frame it is 12" or 304mm.

With this being the case I am thinking that I can go with the 380mm correct?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boude
    I have just ordered at my French bicycle seller a seatpost Reverb.

The length of the hydraulic hose of origin is of 1750mm.

However I need a hydraulic hose of 2200mm because it passes under the case of crankset.

Having to contact the distributor for France, it would not be possible to have a hydraulic hose of a length superior to 1750mm.

My questions:
    > Have you of the hydraulic hose of a length of 2200mm?
    > Where may I order this hydraulic hose?
    > What are the other parts to be ordered to install this hydraulic hose?

Thank you for your assistant.

Sportily.
    You should be able to route the hose that follows a path near the underside of your top tube. It doesn't make sense to route it all the way under your crankset where is may be more easily damaged. The hose is very light and thin walled. Think "Flexible Soda Straw".

I suggest you get creative with zip-ties and what RS supplies with the seatpost and see if you can come up with a new routing plan.
    Last edited by MarkHL; 12-17-2010 at 05:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks
    Hello, anyone weighing in at 275 using a Reverb? I just received mine yesterday which had front to back and side to side play. Never even sat on it. Sent it back for a replacement. Just wondering if there is a weight limit? thanks Rich
    A little rotational side-to-side is normal. It's hard to check for fore and aft play unless you first rotate the post to one side to cancel out feeling any side to side play you may feel in the fore-aft check. A small amount of fore-aft has been reported at full extension. At your weight, you may not want to ride with it fully extended. A half inch insertion would probably be safer.

I've put about 70 hours on mine so far and it still feels like the day I got it. The small amount of play has not increased in either direction.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I was thinking along the lines of a little play would be normal. This was way beyond that, I hope. A tad of rotational play I could live with, but not front to back movement. The post felt really weak, just by grasping, I was able to feel movement where the post entered the post body. If there was as much play as this one has , I really think their would be many more complaints. I suppose I'll find out. It would kind of defeat the purpose if I couldn't use the post at full extension. Thanks Rich

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Replacement Piston not compatible

After 5 weeks i finally got a huge box containing the tiny replacement piston, which is a generic xloc spare part that i posted earlier. Unfortunately, it's a totally different design, and is not compatible with the Reverb's xloc lever. The original Reverb piston is shorter, and has a different head design, and a single o-ring. I trried installing it anyway and got a couple of cycles out of the post before it stopped working again. Fluid leaks past the new piston, and it extends way too far. The silver washer bit could probably prevent this, but it would not fit into the piston bore.

I guess I'll have to go to the importer for a replacement part.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RockShox Reverb Thread-piston-3.jpg  

RockShox Reverb Thread-piston-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dam I've just received mine in the post!

Looking at the part numbers posted on page 3 they're totally different

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

380- 420

Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks
    I was thinking along the lines of a little play would be normal. This was way beyond that, I hope. A tad of rotational play I could live with, but not front to back movement. The post felt really weak, just by grasping, I was able to feel movement where the post entered the post body. If there was as much play as this one has , I really think their would be many more complaints. I suppose I'll find out. It would kind of defeat the purpose if I couldn't use the post at full extension. Thanks Rich

Anyone know if the telescoping portion of the Reverb is lengthened or just the body gains the 40 mm with the 420. Trying to figure out if the 420 has more overlap inside the body?

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast