RockShox Reverb Thread

Printable View

• 12-08-2017
    Lone Rager
    There's oil in the post, and oil in the remote and hose. The two don't mix and serve different functions. The remote oil operates a valve in the post. The valve in the post lets post oil in and out of the post cylinder. How fast the post moves depends on how far the valve is open and the viscosity of the post oil. How far the valve opens is controlled by the displacement of the remote piston and speed control knob or screw. Viscous oil in the remote might slow how fast you can activate the remote, but not how fast the post moves once it is activated.
  • 12-08-2017
    smcnair
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    There's oil in the post, and oil in the remote and hose. The two don't mix and serve different functions. The remote oil operates a valve in the post. The valve in the post lets post oil in and out of the post cylinder. How fast the post moves depends on how far the valve is open and the viscosity of the post oil. How far the valve opens is controlled by the displacement of the remote piston and speed control knob or screw. Viscous oil in the remote might slow how fast you can activate the remote, but not how fast the post moves once it is activated.

That is why I didn't bother changing the hose oil. In hindsight, it only would have taken 5 more minutes and why not rule out hose oil flow, piston movement, restrictions that become extreme with thick oil, other unknowns?
  • 12-08-2017
    spyghost
    Quote:

Originally Posted by niels65 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I'm planning to take my bike abroad on a plane. It will be packed in an EVOC bike travel bag, so protection should be ok. What I wonder is whether there are some suggestions on the Reverb Stealth, should I compress it, or let it be extended when packing? If I have to have it extended, I'll probably have it upside down so I don't have to disconnect the hydraulic, but of course protect the loop coming up from the seat stay tube.
    Cheers Niels

it is shipped extended from the factory so i suppose it should be left extended in travel
  • 12-09-2017
    dhalsey
    Used Rockshox reverb 31.6 droppers
    I am done with reverbs. i don't have the tools and I don't want to pay to get them rebuilt. Any of you reverb rebuilding experts out here can pick these up for a steal.

Used Rockshox reverb 31.6 dropper post 420mm - MTBR Classifieds

Used Rockshox Reverb Stealth Dropper Post 31.6 380mm and Bike Yoke DeHy - MTBR Classifieds