Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 300 of 590
  1. #251
    Scott is a tool.
    Reputation: waldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    853
    Mine's going back to the supplier.

    Sick of the creaking and inconsistent performance.

    I've tried so many different cable tensions to fix the issue of it not dropping whilst out on the trail and nothing works.

    Pretty over it.

  2. #252
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dutshlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by waldog View Post
    Mine's going back to the supplier.

    Sick of the creaking and inconsistent performance.

    I've tried so many different cable tensions to fix the issue of it not dropping whilst out on the trail and nothing works.

    Pretty over it.
    is a pity that it is not satisfy you, it is possible that it has a factory error?
    get in gear

  3. #253
    Scott is a tool.
    Reputation: waldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutshlander View Post
    is a pity that it is not satisfy you, it is possible that it has a factory error?
    I really don't know. It's my second post already.

    I just hope they have a quick turn around.

  4. #254
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cult Hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    272
    I replaced my cable with a reg derailleur cable and it it no issue at all. I have about 10 rides on it and so far it has been flawless.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  5. #255
    mountain biker
    Reputation: slyfink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    528
    I think I may have found one of the limitations of the LEV. I went out for a ride in 17F (-8C) last night and when I got on my bike in the parking lot, the post wouldn't stay put, it was moving up and down. After looking at it a bit, it seemed the actuation cable was stuck. So I wiggled it around a bit and the post locked in place in the "up" position. At least I could ride. After the ride, I brought my bike down to my basement, and this morning, no matter what I do, the post doesn't move. The lever actuation cable seems to be moving a bit, but I'm not sure what's going on. I'm going to bring it into the shop. I had an issue a while back with the little kevlar "string" inside the post coming undone (slipping), but my shop was able to reattach it properly. I'm wondering if the cold did something to that mechanism again, possibly making it frail and having it break.

    I'm ok with not having a dropper post in super cold conditions, and the post has been amazing since I installed it in august, under more normal conditions. This isn't a complaint, just an observation. I'll update once I've figured out what happened.
    continuous growth is the strategy of a cancer cell.

  6. #256
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dutshlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    25
    ...
    Last edited by Dutshlander; 12-08-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    get in gear

  7. #257
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    73
    I went for the 100mm version of the LEV. My installation below:






  8. #258
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JPBakerIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    70
    Got my KS LEV 125mm a couple weeks ago and now have around 50 miles on it. So far so good. No issues at all and "it just works" to steal a line from Apple. I had a CB Kronolog and after having the same issue crop up on three separate posts, (slippage), was able to return it. For anybody interested, the KS LEV is smoother than the Kronolog (when it worked) and the remote is so much nicer.

    Keeping my fingers crossed and will chime in if any issues arise, but really hoping that this is the last time I post to this thread unless it is to answer a question.

    Oh, and for anybody that is still considering buying but want more information, there is a review of the LEV on VitalMTB.com. They used it for 4 months and posted a rather thorough review.

  9. #259
    father, mountain biker
    Reputation: shredjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by JPBakerIII View Post
    Oh, and for anybody that is still considering buying but want more information, there is a review of the LEV on VitalMTB.com. They used it for 4 months and posted a rather thorough review.
    That article pretty much sums up my 4 months of experience with the Lev, except for that fact that mine had a slight wobble in the head clamp from the very start.
    "He seems quite arrogant and ignores quite some valid points." -Millfox
    "I don't like you" -ne_dan

  10. #260
    mtbr member
    Reputation: XgreygOOse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    360
    [QUOTE=Proxyserv;9952523]I went for the 100mm version of the LEV. My installation below:



    Very nice indeed May I ask what brake noodle part are you using? And is that a power corz cable? If so any problems..Cheers
    Cannondale: Team Scalpel, Flash Ultimate, Hooligan 9
    Lynskey Pro26 with custom Lefty head tube
    Santa Cruz Nomad carbon

  11. #261
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by XgreygOOse View Post
    Very nice indeed May I ask what brake noodle part are you using? And is that a power corz cable? If so any problems..Cheers
    Thanks. It just a standard 90degree aluminium brake noodle and the stock cable housing which came with the LEV. It is fairly new and I have only done 7 hours of riding time on the LEV with active use under muddy conditions. No problem with it so far. A happy customer here

  12. #262
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    177

    good and bad

    I was given a ks lev for Christmas. I've managed about 4 rides totalling about 15 hours. After each ride, the fore/aft wobble seems to increase as does the rotational play. Anyone else notice this? At what point do you decide it's an issue? Can't detect it while riding yet. Has anyone defined a tollerance on these yet?

    Also, the finned cable end cap started to crack from the first use which now makes unhooking the post a bit more fiddly.

    On the plus side, the a tion is quick and smooth and I'm lo ing riding with it. Just hope that slop doesn't get any worse.

  13. #263
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    531
    For those trying to figure out which travel KS Lev to purchase they posted a formula to use on their Facebook page, since there isn't **** on their site.

    "Measure the distance from your seat collar on your frame to the center of your seat rail with your saddle at your normal climbing height (full leg extension). Then subtract 50mm. "

    Ordered my 31.6 125mm dropper today.

  14. #264
    MattSavage
    Reputation: mattsavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,461
    Quote Originally Posted by anomaly View Post
    For those trying to figure out which travel KS Lev to purchase they posted a formula to use on their Facebook page, since there isn't **** on their site.

    "Measure the distance from your seat collar on your frame to the center of your seat rail with your saddle at your normal climbing height (full leg extension). Then subtract 50mm. "

    Ordered my 31.6 125mm dropper today.
    Link?
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

    Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

  15. #265
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    Link?
    They are listed under "KS USA" and that was the response given to a comment back in December.

  16. #266
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by -C- View Post
    So I have just got a LEV, after getting fed up with my (3rd replacement) Reverb & it's comical fragile lever.

    Out of the box it has a very small amount of twisting play, probably similar to my Reverb, but what concerns me is it has a small amount of fore/aft play. It is almost undetectable with no seat attached, but when I have a seat on it, there is a definate noticable play with the whole inner shaft able to rock slightly forward & backwards in the outer tube.

    So, is this normal? Or is it a duffer that needs to go back out of the box? (good start!)
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadSC View Post
    I've got the same issue with my lev150. Just put it on Tuesday and got the first real ride in with it today. The play isn't noticeable while riding, so I don't think it's too big of a deal. If the bike is stationary, I can shake the seat and definitely feel the play from front to back. Besides the play, the post worked as smooth as I expected it would.
    I bought my Lev 3 weeks ago, and I have the same problem...
    What is the best way to deal with it? is the threaded ring got anything to do with it?
    Last edited by Gal Shon; 01-14-2013 at 01:25 AM. Reason: adding quete

  17. #267
    Calm like a Bomb
    Reputation: stunzeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,070
    Just got my 125mm lev tonight, I see some people's collar on the post doesn't say lev on it like mine does? Anyone know if they changed it?

  18. #268
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    42
    I have just check my 125 Lev and no markings on the collar.

  19. #269
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    130
    Does anyone know when the Lev Integra(stealth) version will be available?

  20. #270
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hokidachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxyserv View Post
    I went for the 100mm version of the LEV. My installation below:

    Nice and clean setup. I was looking for housing hooks like the ones you have but only found the rotating hooks from Jagwire. Where did you purchase those hooks?

    Hoki

  21. #271
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jongalt26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by dviratinis View Post
    EDIT: found that info on wiggle website: The post is 385mm in length and has a travel of 125mm drop. Minimum insertion is 120mm, maximum insertion is 200mm. Stack height from the rails to the seatclamp is 55mm.
    I calculated and think that it can be too short for me since with my current 410mm seatpost I have 270mm from the rails to the seatclamp... and with LEV I will have (385-120=265 mm) lenght only if inserted properly to the line. Is it so terribly bad if I will install the post 5mm above the minimal insertion? Reverb's minimal is only 80mm...


    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
    I've spent many hours looking for this info!

  22. #272
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokidachi View Post
    Nice and clean setup. I was looking for housing hooks like the ones you have but only found the rotating hooks from Jagwire. Where did you purchase those hooks?

    Hoki
    Hoki, those are the rotating hooks from Jagwire. Come in 4 per pack. They work great but you need to be cautious as they do not work with smaller diameter hoses. No problems with brake hoses and the ones from Jagwire .

  23. #273
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hokidachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxyserv View Post
    Hoki, those are the rotating hooks from Jagwire. Come in 4 per pack. They work great but you need to be cautious as they do not work with smaller diameter hoses. No problems with brake hoses and the ones from Jagwire .
    Thanks Proxyserv! I ordered the rotating hooks along with a LEV 125mm. It's amazing how this changed my bike (the LEV, not the hooks ) !

  24. #274
    mtbr member
    Reputation: YamiRider1316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    263
    Anybody have a total weight (post, cable, remote etc) for a 30.9 150mm version of the Lev? Looking to purchase a dropper in the next week or so...

  25. #275
    I am Specialized
    Reputation: tp806's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    772
    560 gr.

  26. #276
    mtbr member
    Reputation: YamiRider1316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by tp806 View Post
    560 gr.
    Thank you

  27. #277
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,883
    My 100 drop post has gone wrong today no idea what the problem is as it was working fine yesterday.

    The remote cable still has tension, but pressing it gives no drop, I popped the red cap off and it appears to be fully compressing the spring as it pulls on the barrel mechanism.

    Anyone else had theirs just stop dropping when all cables appear okay?
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

  28. #278
    mountain biker
    Reputation: slyfink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post
    My 100 drop post has gone wrong today no idea what the problem is as it was working fine yesterday.

    The remote cable still has tension, but pressing it gives no drop, I popped the red cap off and it appears to be fully compressing the spring as it pulls on the barrel mechanism.

    Anyone else had theirs just stop dropping when all cables appear okay?
    sounds like the same problem I had with mine. with mine, it was the kevlar cable inside the post that came undone from one of it's two clamping points. I brought it into my shop, who were able able to fix it, though based on the service video on KS's website, it seems like a pretty involved process...
    continuous growth is the strategy of a cancer cell.

  29. #279
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,883
    I got an RMA number, annoying but I'll see how it goes through the process.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

  30. #280
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    27
    I just got mine yesterday. Installed it. And first thing I noticed was there is rotational play along the seatpost axis. Not what I expected after reading all the rave reviews. It is my first post so I also dont know where to set my expectation.

  31. #281
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    18
    It has been my experience that KS USA has terrific customer service. I have called any time I have had a question and have had good luck getting a hold of them. I would give them a call and see what they recommend.

  32. #282
    MattSavage
    Reputation: mattsavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,461
    Quote Originally Posted by JYLO View Post
    I just got mine yesterday. Installed it. And first thing I noticed was there is rotational play along the seatpost axis. Not what I expected after reading all the rave reviews. It is my first post so I also dont know where to set my expectation.
    Every single dropper post on the market will have a tiny amount of wiggle. If you're talking 2-3 degrees of rotation, then that's an issue. But if it's just a little wiggle that you can percieve with your hands but is visually hardly noticable, then don't worry about. You'll never notice it under your asse.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

    Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

  33. #283
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nostayhome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    27
    Has anyone own a KS i950r/supernatural and a Lev? Is the Lev worth the extra $130 or should I just save money and buy the supernatural? Thanks for your time!

  34. #284
    MattSavage
    Reputation: mattsavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,461
    Quote Originally Posted by nostayhome View Post
    Has anyone own a KS i950r/supernatural and a Lev? Is the Lev worth the extra $130 or should I just save money and buy the supernatural? Thanks for your time!
    I say go with the Supernatural. Lev has some funtional differences, but nothing that gives it better performance. They both feel the same going up and down.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

    Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

  35. #285
    bike rider
    Reputation: Lelandjt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    I say go with the Supernatural. Lev has some funtional differences, but nothing that gives it better performance. They both feel the same going up and down.
    I'd say it depends on the frame and how cleanly you can route the cable. Basically the only difference between the LEV and Supernatural is the non-moving cable. I have one bike where the cable slides so neatly down that there's no loop or mess when lowering the post. My other bike is a bit of a compromise with a taught cable running up from the top tube in front of the seatpost when it's up and a loop that sticks back a bit when it's lowered. It would be worth the money to put an LEV on that but but not the first one.
    Keep the Country country.

  36. #286
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nostayhome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    I'd say it depends on the frame and how cleanly you can route the cable. Basically the only difference between the LEV and Supernatural is the non-moving cable. I have one bike where the cable slides so neatly down that there's no loop or mess when lowering the post. My other bike is a bit of a compromise with a taught cable running up from the top tube in front of the seatpost when it's up and a loop that sticks back a bit when it's lowered. It would be worth the money to put an LEV on that but but not the first one.
    Thanks guys for taking the time to reply. I have a stumpjumper so it has factory holes for a command post. I'm assuming the cable size should be the same between the two.

  37. #287
    FM
    FM is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,271
    I have both and would recommend the Lev for a few reasons:
    • Prices had dropped on the lev to a point where it's not such a huge price difference
    • The sealed & fixed cable routing on the Lev eliminates most all of the maintenance issues the supernatural has, such as mud getting into the cable housing, housing getting kinked or pulled out of the ferull & cable stop as the post is cycled etc.
    • The Lev is 100g lighter, has smoother lever action, adjustable & quicker rebound speed (air pressure) and a better seat clamp.

  38. #288
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nostayhome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    27
    You just had to make me go and second guess myself. lol j/k
    Thanks for your input and I will definitely take it into consideration. I plan on making a purchase within the next few days but I'm sure I'll have buyers remorse. lol

  39. #289
    bike rider
    Reputation: Lelandjt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by nostayhome View Post
    You just had to make me go and second guess myself. lol j/k
    Thanks for your input and I will definitely take it into consideration. I plan on making a purchase within the next few days but I'm sure I'll have buyers remorse. lol
    Almost no one has buyers remorse after getting the better, more expensive option.
    Keep the Country country.

  40. #290
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nostayhome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    27
    haha!!
    Except when your wife reviews the CC bill. lol j/k

  41. #291
    mtbr member
    Reputation: YamiRider1316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    263
    My 150mm Lev showed up today. Will install tonight. Looking forward to uppy downy awesomeness!

  42. #292
    Helmetless Crasher
    Reputation: Stumpjumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiRider1316 View Post
    My 150mm Lev showed up today. Will install tonight. Looking forward to uppy downy awesomeness!
    Yep, got mine a few days ago, and install was quick/simple. Just playing around w/ it in the living room, the thing screams "quality". Can't wait to get it on the trail and "drop it like its haaaaaaaawt".

  43. #293
    used to be RipRoar
    Reputation: TraxFactory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Posts
    1,671
    Quote Originally Posted by nostayhome View Post
    Has anyone own a KS i950r/supernatural and a Lev? Is the Lev worth the extra $130 or should I just save money and buy the supernatural? Thanks for your time!
    Functionally the same yes but the difference is the height of the seat clamp on the LEV is significantly shorter and a better clamp design IMO. On the i950 I could only run the 125mm but with the LEV I am able to run the 150mm. This may not be your issue if you have lots of seatpost stickout which I did not.

    One nice thing about the i950r/SNr is the cable design allows for easy cable removal, on the LEV you need to pop the cover and disconnect. Not a big deal but something to consider. Also the LEV is less prone to dirt in the lever mechanism although the SN improved on that with the rubber boot.

    If you've got the coin get the LEV, otherwise the SN/r is still killer

  44. #294
    ptd
    ptd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpjumpy View Post
    Yep, got mine a few days ago, and install was quick/simple. Just playing around w/ it in the living room, the thing screams "quality". Can't wait to get it on the trail and "drop it like its haaaaaaaawt".
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiRider1316 View Post
    My 150mm Lev showed up today. Will install tonight. Looking forward to uppy downy awesomeness!
    Stumpjumpycan and YamiRider1316 can you do me a huge favour and measure the distance from the saddle rails to the bottom of the seat post collar with the post extended?
    Appreciated!

  45. #295
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,883
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post
    I got an RMA number, annoying but I'll see how it goes through the process.
    My post reached KS last Friday, it was back in the mail to me by Monday. A great turnaround time, problem resolved with minimal issue.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

  46. #296
    Helmetless Crasher
    Reputation: Stumpjumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post
    Stumpjumpycan and YamiRider1316 can you do me a huge favour and measure the distance from the saddle rails to the bottom of the seat post collar with the post extended?
    Appreciated!
    I'd gladly do that.
    However, I'll be on vacation til the end of the month, so don't wait on me.

  47. #297
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nostayhome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by RipRoar View Post
    Functionally the same yes but the difference is the height of the seat clamp on the LEV is significantly shorter and a better clamp design IMO. On the i950 I could only run the 125mm but with the LEV I am able to run the 150mm. This may not be your issue if you have lots of seatpost stickout which I did not.

    One nice thing about the i950r/SNr is the cable design allows for easy cable removal, on the LEV you need to pop the cover and disconnect. Not a big deal but something to consider. Also the LEV is less prone to dirt in the lever mechanism although the SN improved on that with the rubber boot.

    If you've got the coin get the LEV, otherwise the SN/r is still killer
    Thanks!!
    I ended up getting the supernatural, after considering everyone's opinions. I really appreciate everyone's input.

  48. #298
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,883
    Definitely pleased with my fixed post, back to the same goodness.
    Last edited by 6thElement; 03-04-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

  49. #299
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TwoHeadsBrewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,867
    Just about to place my order on this one!

    Any suggestions on how to get the right size? I certainly don't need a 150mm travel post, so I'm thinking 125mm. I just want to make sure it's going to fit in my frame.

    I'm 5'8" and ride a medium SC Blur LT. Anyone else with a similar size bike using the 125mm LEV? Thanks!

    EDIT: I guess the measurement I really need is from the bottom of the saddle clamp to the maximum insert point of the post, where it would hit the port QR/clamp. From that I could figure out what length it needs to be.


    Here's a pic of my bike with normal riding height:
    Last edited by TwoHeadsBrewing; 02-19-2013 at 04:18 PM.
    "Got everything you need?"

  50. #300
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hokidachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
    Just about to place my order on this one!

    Any suggestions on how to get the right size? I certainly don't need a 150mm travel post, so I'm thinking 125mm. I just want to make sure it's going to fit in my frame.

    I'm 5'8" and ride a medium SC Blur LT. Anyone else with a similar size bike using the 125mm LEV? Thanks!
    I'm 5'10" and have a 125mm LEV installed on a medium Yeti SB66C. I originally ordered the 150mm and canceled the order as I thought it might be too long.
    Here is the LEV on my bike:

    KS LEV 125mm. Am I the first to have?-lev.jpg

    Hoki

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •