ready to ride

KS Integra vs. Reverb Stealth vs. Thomson Covert?

Hi all,

Getting ready to order a new bike this weeks and am a bit torn on which dropper post to get. I have spent a little time on them all at last Outerbike but I'm late to the game getting one. Figured I would just wait an get it on the new bike, and that time has come. A KS 150mm works on the bike and size I am getting but didn't leave me much wiggle room. Almost had to have the all the way down, maybe a cm up. I know the Thomson is only 125mm but I think it would work fine for me.

I'm sure I would adjust to any of them but am more concerned about maintenance or long term durability. I have heard horror stories dealing with KS customer service( at least very slow), pretty sure Rockshox won't deal with me directly, though I am pretty sure I could get it serviced locally. I have no dealings with Thomson.

Which one would you get and why?
    Sent via my heady vibes from the heart of Pisgahstan

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Having only used the KS and the reverb I'd say the reverb is pretty tough to beat especially if you have sram/avid brakes. The matchmaker x just integrates everything so well. The hydraulic action is nice and smooth, no cable stretch and easy to adjust the return speed (slap tickle adjustment knob). The seat clamp is pretty nice too.

As far as maintenance is concerned I did a lever bleed with mine when I installed it. (Quite easy with the supplied kit and the aid of a YouTube video). I've also had to do one full system bleed on it which is a bit trickier especially if you're doing it solo. It's still doable though. Aside from that it's been flawless over about 1.5yrs of hard use.

Can't say much on the KS in terms of maintenance as I've never actually owned one. It worked just fine all the times I've ridden with them on other peoples bikes. I just found the reverb's actuation smoother and more ergonomic.

All I really know about the thomson is that is doesn't come in all black which was a downer for me.

I think you'd be fine with any of them honestly. It's the reverb for me personally. You have to bleed it on the install and maybe about once a year but in rough conditions I'd imagine it'd be a lower maintenance solution than a cable actuated post.

ready to ride
    Thanks for your reply! Since I posted this I have decided to go with a factory build instead of a custom. Mainly because I got a better deal on an upgraded wheelset that comes with it. So it will come with the KS. A lot of my friends ride them. A couple have had to warranty them, but no questions asked, it just took some time to get them returned.
    Sent via my heady vibes from the heart of Pisgahstan

used to be RipRoar
    I the KS is nice because you can totally service it yourself. Going on year 3 with my LEV 150, very happy. Congrats on new bike! stoked!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I got a sweet AM hardtail and it's in need of a post however diameter is different than my FS bike so I need a new one.

So I'm revisiting the decision of KS, vs. Thomson, vs. Reverb Stealth. I can get all for roughly $300 so cost isn't a factor. I will be installing and removing this post pretty often because I use the bike for short track xc, endurance races, as well as gnarly all mountain rides. I'm assuming the cable actuated posts will be easier to install/remove vs. the hyrdraulic reverb?

I like the thomson the best but like I said earlier, I'm not big on the gold and according to Art's Cyclery, the Thomson weighs 110g MORE than the reverb. Pretty significant chunk of change there.

Anyone have any further thoughts and opinions to share?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I'm trying to decide myself on getting a Reverb Stealth or the KS Lev Integra. I love the thumb switch on the KS, very ergonomic and intuitive but I'm worried that it won't fit on my bars because I'm running 2x10. I demoed two bikes with a Reverb and didn't like the thumb switch at all, tried it on both sides. Definitely prefer the Reverb thumb switch mounted under the bars instead of the top of the bars.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Any word on when the 2016 droppers are released?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    So I'm still debating on this and I'm down to the KS and the reverb.

I was originally going to go with the KS b/c I will be installing and removing it often and I wouldn't have to bleed it every time like the reverb. However, I read on the Sram site that the reverb now has a "connectamajig" quick disconnect that does not require a bleed each time you remove it.

Can anyone verify that this thing works as advertised? Ease of installation is a big factor for me since my bike is both an all mountain rig and my XC race bike.